Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 05-02-2008, 02:27 AM   #15
Ford Super Duty Owner
Georgie Boy Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mountainkowboy:
Thanks for all the replies.................more homework to do! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We went the home-made route:

Making Screens

I used (3) brass hooks up into headliner.
(One at ea side & one in middle)
The screen's grommets then just drop onto the hooks.
The nice thing is that, at night, my original curtains can still slide around these without taking the screens down.

These seem to work great for me up here in the N.E., but if I were down South, I think I'd go exterior to reduce heat thru the big fish bowl!

The Portable Summer Cottage II * 2000 GBM/99 F53. Steer-Safe, Ultra-Trac, Bilsteins, Sumitomo's, CHF, & Eternabond. Mod it & keep her rolling! Pics & Mods:http://s69.photobucket.com/user/scot...20Cottage%20II
NAUTIQUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-02-2008, 02:51 AM   #16
Winnebago Owners Club
I am a petite person and could easily put on the Prompt screen on my Adventurer by myself without a ladder in about a minute. I have a Journey now and I definitely need a ladder but like I said, I am short.
This new one was coming loose on one side and when I called they immediately sent a new suction cup which solved the problem. Even though I am not as happy with this one as the last, I would buy from them again and have recommended them to many others.
I wasn't aware of the FMCA wiper cover deal. I may call and ask about it. Thanks for that info.

2007 Winnebago Journey 36'
Numbers 6:24-26
Olive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 05:35 AM   #17
I use 'RV Sunshades'
They fasten to the outside with SS Domes.I do need a ladder to put them on and take them off.

"BUT" Once they are on they work perfect No sagging or movemen in any weather and they DO keep the coach cool, I can see out in the daytime, so no need to put up and down every day.

'05 Kountry Star 3910 ISC 330 Cummins '08 Jeep Wrangler Four Door Blue Ox
Latitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 06:59 AM   #18
I'll go with Mama and the RV Quick Shades. Easy to put up and take down from the Inside, and if its raining, who cares?. Never get put away wet, unless you are really sloppy with your coffee. No ladders, holes in your coach, etc. Only downside, suction cups must be kept clean, with alcohol, and applied carefully. I believe the shading effect is equal to the outside shades, some may disagree.
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 12:41 PM   #19
I have had my Prompts for over a year, and they are one of the best investments I have made for the MH. I only use the front shade as the MH has pull down inside shades included with the MH when new. Install from the ground is easy, once you work around the wipers. I like not having any snaps or holes in the MH body. I know it's not a huge deal, but if I can acomplish the goal without drilling, I like it better.

I would recommend them to anyone.

Marty and Diane, Fulltiming!

Our Travel Blog www.mytripjournal.com/rvnchickalaska
SargeW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 05:11 PM   #20
Winnebago Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">We went the home-made route </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
...and what can you see from OUTSIDE at night??
Paul (KE5LXU) ...was fulltimin', now parttimin'
'03 Winnebago UA 40e / '05 Honda Odyssey toad
AFChap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 05:11 PM   #21
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club

Thanks for link. I'll give them careful consideration. I like the money part!!
Travel well, travel safe,
2006 Tiffin Phaeton - 2011 Cadillac SRX
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 04:22 PM   #22
"Formerly Diplomat Don"
Newmar Owners Club
mountainkowboy....I've never tried Prompt Screens so I can't say how they work. I do have the MCD screens which have exact sizes for your coach. They snap in place at the top and then use a triangular piece that snaps on at the bottom. The triangular piece has velcro on it. It allows you to pull the screens tight after the top snaps are in place and then velcro together. Helps to keep them looking tight in different temps. I like their fitted look.

Now the cons.....You need a ladder to install them, but not to remove them. When I take mine off, I use my metal awning rod and gently twist it under the snap and it comes loose.

You can do your own installation with the MCD kit. It has suction cups that let you place the screens in the correct position and then mark where your holes need to be. Drill a small hole and screw in the snap.

Don & Mary
2014 Newmar Dutch Star - All Electric - 450 ISL
2016 GMC Canyon 4WD Crew Cab
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote