Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-30-2008, 06:33 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have seen alot of exterior windshield covers on MH's and spent this last weekend with friends in the Desert. Well needless to say it was pretty hot and close to or at 100* there. So I did a small test (they have a cover, we dont) and the front of there MH stayed cooler than ours, ok so the covers work.

My ????, which company to go with! Everyone claims that theres are the best. Do I buy them and install them myself? Do I have them custom made to my MH? Any help would be great!!

mountainkowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-30-2008, 06:33 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have seen alot of exterior windshield covers on MH's and spent this last weekend with friends in the Desert. Well needless to say it was pretty hot and close to or at 100* there. So I did a small test (they have a cover, we dont) and the front of there MH stayed cooler than ours, ok so the covers work.

My ????, which company to go with! Everyone claims that theres are the best. Do I buy them and install them myself? Do I have them custom made to my MH? Any help would be great!!

Old 04-30-2008, 06:51 PM   #3
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Chuck here is a LINK to discussions about every shade you may want.
Most any will work its just the money you want to spend.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 02:14 AM   #4

check out prompt rv sunscreen! their system uses no drill in snaps, easy on, easy off i've been using them for over 8 yrs on two coaches.
they are also an irv2 sponsor! jim.
beaverjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 06:23 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
If you want tight fitting covers that do not sag and look sloppy, get SunGuards.

http://www.sunguard.com/

-Tom

Forgot to add.....I have one of these SunGuards on my side window. I don't think Prompt offers these.

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 11:30 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I am glad that beaverjim has had good service out of the screens from Prompt. I have found them to be less than satisfactory. I'll trash mine as soon as I can get to McKinney, TX to get MCDs installed.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 12:32 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
I agree with Jim. MCD gets my vote and $s. Go here and take a look at their products.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 01:38 PM   #8

Our set from Prompt continue to work well going into our 4th season. I did have to replace the suction cups on the side screens once. As long as I remember to keep the cups clean & wipe the coach where they attach I've never had them come off by themselves.
Old 05-01-2008, 05:40 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
I've had a Prompt RV sunscreen on my previous coach for at least 7 years and it is still going strong and fits well. I bought one, and a side screen, for my new coach and am not entirely happy with the fit. It does a good job though. It may be a matter of me getting some help to put it on and get it aligned properly with the windshield. It has a little pucker at the top I haven't been able to get out by myself.
I was somewhat disappointed to find out the wiper blade covers are now extra. I chose to make my own.
Numbers 6:24-26
Olive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 07:31 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks for all the replies.................more homework to do!
Old 05-01-2008, 07:56 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Even though I do not have Prompts I'd like to say Prompt is a sponsor here and that gives us the opportunity for these free forums.

Prompts can be installed from the ground and NO ladder needed. A plus for those that tend to fall off ladders or do not carry a ladder. You do not have to drill holes in your coach. If you are a FMCA member Prompt will include the windshield wiper covers at no additional charge. Prompt is a very good company, when you call a real person answers the phone and Prompt stands behind their products 100%. They are centrally located in FL.

-Tom

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 09:13 PM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Prompts can be installed from the ground and NO ladder needed </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm 6'4" and have not managed this yet.

If having to rave about a sponsor is a criteria for posting here, they can delete me now.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 10:02 PM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If having to rave about a sponsor is a criteria for posting here, they can delete me now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Historyljc...I can guarantee you that it is NOT a criteria...so you are safe right where you are at ...here on iRV2.
I personally prefer the RV Quick Shades which are screens on the inside. If I get a chance I will do a search... but Crystal & Tim are awesome to deal with...and some of the most honest folks I have ever talked to (PLUS a lot cheaper than MCD)
OK...that is my dollars worth...

MM
MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 10:39 PM   #14

Well, we bought the Prompt sunscreens, and they NEVER were tight against the side windows. As far as installing them, yeah...you could get by without a ladder...BARELY, but what a PITA installing them! The sides never looked good, were loose and sagged, and I decided that I would buy the Sunguards with the stainless steel snaps...and love these much better!!

We bought the black Sunguard Suncreens and I will say not only do they LOOK better than the Prompt, they are faster to install!!

I gave away my virtually new Prompts...just chalked it up to a bad decision.