Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-22-2015, 07:50 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fl_Richard View Post
Open a window.

All that condensation is a sure sign of a "tight" motorhome. Probably more moisture collects than in the past as the coaches are built better. Open a vent to help eliminate it.
Fl_Richard

The tighter the coach the more chance that single pane glass will steam or frost up on the inside.
Mel
'96 Safari
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-22-2015, 09:45 AM   #16

I just leave the curtains open 2 feet before we go to bed seems to do the trick. I also use fantastic fans throughout the day.
Hurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 12:08 PM   #17

OSOK...I installed a two speed metal caged 12 v fan in my dashboard and I use this fan to blow air on the inside windshield to enhance the defrost blower. It also helps reduce the condensation up front. Like already mentioned the roof vent lets out much of the warm moisture when you are showering....but if it is chilly out you certainly do not want to leave that open. My Bounder is a front windshield moisture trap.... and I keep towels up front just for really torturous days.
Gocoffeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 02:22 PM   #18

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
i have a small ceramic heater that sits on the dash and blows nice warm air up and through the window area.
our night shades roll up and down so i bring them down within a few inches,
it creates a warm blanket of air and no moisture issues
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2022 F150 King Ranch or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 04:33 PM   #19

Thanks to all you for the many suggestions. I will do a better job of venting coach when cooking or showering. Like the suggestions to also add a small fan and/or small heater to help move warm air into the windshield area.
osok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 04:41 PM   #20

I put a 6" fan on the dash. Seems to keep the dash dry.
John and Susan. New 2018 Chevrolet 2500 2 WHD . 6.6 Duramax 3.73 rearend. .4 door ,Short, Bed W/Topper. 2017 Grand Design 297 RSTS. Our rescue dog Annie. Still ,Full timing since 07-01-2011. No sticks and bricks.
poppopc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 06:51 PM   #21

Nor'easters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
what I've done to stop this problem. you know the sliver insulted stuff everyone uses to keep the heat out in summer? I've put it on the outside of the windshield. I have a sun screen that attaches to the outside of the windshield, so I just slide the insulation inside.
kimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 06:29 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike and Cha View Post
How cold is it where you are. So far we have only camped when it has gotten into the low 30's at night and maybe the mid 60's during the day. Most of the time it has been mid 40's at night and as warm as the 80's during the day. So far we haven't seen any condensation on the front windshield. I do leave the roof vents at least cracked(no matter what the weather), and we do run the fantastic fan whenever we shower.

AaaH, you let the secret out. Humans exude a lot of moisture. Inside an almost sealed container it has nowhere to go unless an escape opening is created for the warm moist air.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 09:52 PM   #23

I bought a dehumidifier to run when we are in colder temperatures. We had bad problems in the bedroom closets water was running down the walls. At night I run it in living room and in the daytime I open all closet doors and run it in the bedroom. I was surprised how much water it pulled out of the air even tho we run exhaust fans when showering or cooking.
Old 01-24-2015, 06:31 AM   #24

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mody n Domy View Post
I bought a dehumidifier to run when we are in colder temperatures. We had bad problems in the bedroom closets water was running down the walls. At night I run it in living room and in the daytime I open all closet doors and run it in the bedroom. I was surprised how much water it pulled out of the air even tho we run exhaust fans when showering or cooking.
What size and brand dehumidifier are you using?
Thanks

May the roads rise up to meet you, May the winds be always at your back...
Pepper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 07:33 AM   #25

We went to Sears and bought the smallest portable home unit they had. We also bought the warranty I figured with it being in the MH and moving around often it may come in handy. We fulltime RV so the dehumidifier gets a good work out if the outside temp. drops and we can't open windows and run vent fans while trying to keep it warm inside.
Old 01-25-2015, 10:27 AM   #26

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Berry,

I think you should call Newmar to discuss ... see what they have to say. My Dutch Star is very similar in construction to your Ventana and we both heat with the Oasis system but I haven't experienced any condensation on the windshield at all.

I spent one overnight in Missouri with temps in the mid 20's, another night in Iowa with an overnight temp of 10 degrees with a wind chill below zero and I've had the coach in our driveway with the heat pump on with an overnight temp of 40 degrees and I haven't had any condensation in any of these conditions.

On the coldest nights I had my son bunked out on the sofa bed in the front of the coach so we had humidity as well. The only difference is that I have been using the heated floors but I don't think that would make a difference.

I just wouldn't expect your coach to behave much differently than mine.
SWag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 06:38 AM   #27

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Windshield Overnight Condensation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gocoffeer View Post
It is so normal... If you ever get in a northern moment and stay an evening when it is freezing out that turns to ice on the inside of your windshield and can take a very long time to thaw.
All that comes from you...showering....body sweat.....breathing.... cooking....

Lol! That is so true! Our very first night of travel was the night the polar vortex moved in in 2013. We left home with 49 degree temperatures and woke up that next morning to 8 degrees and 25 MPH winds. The windshield was a sheet of ice. We were close to an hour getting it thawed out enough to be able to see. That is when I discovered the slides would not come in with the engine running. What a morning! Fuel was gelling up and many other cold related learning curves!

Alan Wilson

2001 HR Scepter 38 PBD
Old 01-26-2015, 03:05 PM   #28

Winnebago Owners Club
Just ordered a Energy Star 30 pint dehumidifier. Large enough for home and small enough for MH. Hope this does the trick this Spring and Fall. $159 and free shipping from Amazon.

May the roads rise up to meet you, May the winds be always at your back...
Pepper2 is offline   Reply With Quote