Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-11-2012, 03:12 PM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
@doc, On Monday I will call and see if the TV8-28 will work for sure. That being said, if it does not work, plan B. Plan B is to grind the excess off with Dremel and hope for the best. It should not be such a chore to find wiper blades that fit. I think I read that these wipers started being used in 2006 by most rv builders. How much do you think you would have needed to grind off? Trico also "supposedly" has an rv wiper blade that would work called the Trico 67-284. Does the term 4x12 hook mean that the hook is 4mm thick and 12mm wide? You would think that most rv dealers would care some of these blades in stock. I know Im not the only one that uses them. Thanks

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-12-2012, 04:16 PM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Just an update on the wiper problem. Wife and I were in a neighboring town this afternoon and I walked over to look at what blades they might have. They had some Bosch 28 inch blades that the WM in our town did not have. These were complete blades not just a refill rubber strip. The package said it included an adaptor for the 4x12 j-hook. I opened package, measured the opening and the adaptor. It was the right size. I only bought one to try. The 4x12 adaptor that came in the pack would not lock onto the j-hook. I took the adaptor from the old assembly, inserted it in the Bosch. and it worked. So as long as the old adaptor is good the Bosch will work ok. They are not as heavy duty as the old ones but at a little over $9.00 it was worth it. Wife has to go back over to that town tommorrow and will pick up another for the other side of windshield.

Old 08-12-2012, 05:32 PM   #17

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc View Post
You are running into the same problem I just finished with the J-hook being wider than the slot on the wiper assembly it is supposed to fit in. I ended up ordering from the factory and will NEVER do that again. With shipping I had to pay $175 for two replacements!
Afterward, I had a moment of mental clarity when I realized I could not widen the slot, but could narrow the J-hook. DUH!! I believe I could do a small amount of grinding with my Dremel tool and save well over a hundred dollars and a whole lot of frustration. I have not tried this, but will do it next time. Right now I have purchased a pair of the 'swimmys' (is that a word?) my grandchildren love. They have a hole through their entire length. I simply slit the side of the swimmy and slid it over the wiper body, protecting it from heat, UV light and weather exposure.
They are called "pool noodles." They work great for the corners of your slide out also to soften the blow when you run into one.
cutrell01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 07:36 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by catonine View Post
Just an update on the wiper problem. Wife and I were in a neighboring town this afternoon and I walked over to look at what blades they might have. They had some Bosch 28 inch blades that the WM in our town did not have. These were complete blades not just a refill rubber strip. The package said it included an adaptor for the 4x12 j-hook. I opened package, measured the opening and the adaptor. It was the right size. I only bought one to try. The 4x12 adaptor that came in the pack would not lock onto the j-hook. I took the adaptor from the old assembly, inserted it in the Bosch. and it worked. So as long as the old adaptor is good the Bosch will work ok. They are not as heavy duty as the old ones but at a little over $9.00 it was worth it. Wife has to go back over to that town tommorrow and will pick up another for the other side of windshield.
Hope these work for you, they didn't work for me. They lasted two trips through a couple of light showers and started coming apart. Had to stop on the side of the road and put the old blades back on to finish the trip.
Old 08-12-2012, 07:48 PM   #19
JC2

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutrell01 View Post
They are called "pool noodles." They work great for the corners of your slide out also to soften the blow when you run into one.
The gray insulation tubes for home plumbing also works well.
Shop pipe insulation foam at Lowes.com: Search Results
Old 08-12-2012, 08:02 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC2 View Post
The gray insulation tubes for home plumbing also works well.
Shop pipe insulation foam at Lowes.com: Search Results

X 2 works great
Old 08-12-2012, 08:20 PM   #21

Fleetwood Owners Club
@IIIkrob, they are kinda flimsey and nowhere near as stout as the old Dynas. I still plan to call about those you gave me the info on and order a couple of them. Then just hang on to these Bosch blades as emergency spares. But the main thing is it gives me a little breathing room to get the new rv blades. I do appreciate all your help.
Old 08-18-2012, 03:32 PM   #22

I needed rv wiper blades and was able to get thyem from Amazon.....and because they had them mis priced, I got the for 8.88 each, bad thing about it was they only had 2.....would have ordered more.....go onto the amazon site