Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-10-2012, 03:57 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
windshield wiper blades

I am in need of new wiper blades and I am having a hard time locating replacements. I looked in the archieves for info but most was kinda old. I have a 2006 Monaco Monarch 30 PPD on a Ford Chasis. The current wipers are made by Dyna and are 28 inches long with a j-hook. The opening to attach the hook to new blade is wider than ordinary blades. Anyon have any ideas on where to get the replacements? Thanks
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-10-2012, 04:34 PM   #2

Try Grainger Supply. That is where I got mine
trackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 04:49 PM   #3

I just bought new blades for mine and I went to Fleet Farm (farm and home store) they had a reference book and I noticed all motorhomes were listed in the book. Just infor I guess.
Old 08-10-2012, 04:51 PM   #4

x2 on Grainger.
danandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 04:59 PM   #5

Found this for you on line
Find Your TRICO Wiper Size | TRICO®
Old 08-10-2012, 05:15 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
@Ed, I went to their site and could not determine if they were the ones with the wide slot or not. Do you happen to know if it is or not? I am going to go to NAPA in the morning and see what they have or can get. I heard they may be able to help. It was to late today as they were already closed. I will also check Grainger. Thanks to all.
Old 08-10-2012, 05:24 PM   #7

John,
Sorry I do not know. You shouldn't have to much trouble finding replacements.
Good luck
Old 08-10-2012, 07:59 PM   #8

Here you go, this is exactly what you need:
Tru Vision J Hook Windshield Wiper Blades 28" TV8-28
lllkrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:16 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
found mine at Walmart
targaboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 05:01 AM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
@IIIkrob, I have looked at these on the computor but I am unable to determine if they have the wide slot where the j-hook attaches. Would you happen to know? I am going in to town this morning to try and find blades. This trip will include stops at NAPA, Advance, O'Riely's, CarQuest, Auto Zone and a couple of others.
Old 08-11-2012, 09:32 AM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Well, this morning I went to ALL the local parts places including NAPA heavy duty store and was not able to locate the wiper blades. One guy said he would order them for me but after I left he called and said he could not get them. He said ANCO had them. The TV8-28 mentioned by IIIKRob may work but I cant find out if they have the wide (half inch) slot for the j-hook. Any other ideas or suggestion appreciated.
Old 08-11-2012, 10:08 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by catonine View Post
Well, this morning I went to ALL the local parts places including NAPA heavy duty store and was not able to locate the wiper blades. One guy said he would order them for me but after I left he called and said he could not get them. He said ANCO had them. The TV8-28 mentioned by IIIKRob may work but I cant find out if they have the wide (half inch) slot for the j-hook. Any other ideas or suggestion appreciated.

Yes, they are exactly what you are looking for. I put a set of 32" blades on my 2008 Challenger and they slipped on the arms perfectly.
lllkrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:51 AM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thanks, I will contact them Monday and if they fit, they ship. If these dont work Im about ready to replace the arm assembly or take it off, use the redneck method of grinding them down to fit. Trying to find these blades has been a pain in the butt. I had a RV dealer order some an d he got them from Monaco. They were the wrong size when he got them in. Took about 10 days to get them, then they were wrong. Thanks to everyone for replies.
Old 08-11-2012, 12:46 PM   #14
doc

Appalachian Campers
You are running into the same problem I just finished with the J-hook being wider than the slot on the wiper assembly it is supposed to fit in. I ended up ordering from the factory and will NEVER do that again. With shipping I had to pay $175 for two replacements!
Afterward, I had a moment of mental clarity when I realized I could not widen the slot, but could narrow the J-hook. DUH!! I believe I could do a small amount of grinding with my Dremel tool and save well over a hundred dollars and a whole lot of frustration. I have not tried this, but will do it next time. Right now I have purchased a pair of the 'swimmys' (is that a word?) my grandchildren love. They have a hole through their entire length. I simply slit the side of the swimmy and slid it over the wiper body, protecting it from heat, UV light and weather exposure.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote