RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-22-2019, 06:20 PM   #1

Windshield wiper bracket broken ( dual arm)

Just purchased a 1995 holiday rambler Imperial that's super clean and decided to take it on our first trip to Oregon coast. Started raining about an hour into our trip and turned on the wipers and all of the sudden the passenger wiper went sideways and there was only one arm attached. The bracket that holds the dual arms together bike in half and can't seem to find a replacement anywhere. So I'm looking for suggestions at this point for a replacement. Thanks in advance.

Klofdahl 02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-22-2019, 10:04 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Go over to the Monaco forum you will get your answer

avfordguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 10:12 PM   #3

When do you need it by? I think I have a couple replacement saddles in storage.... But I'm out of town right now so I won't be able to check till Monday.
eyeeevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 06:12 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Here are 2 sources where you might find what you need.

https://www.amequipment.com/shop/pan...dc-gear-motors

https://www.wiperparts.com/collections/wiper-parts
Towing 2014 Ford Explorer
veraken is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 01:57 PM   #5
Decrepit Forum Advocate

If eyeeevin doesn't come up with what you need, in the past when I had a similar problem with a pantograph wiper arm, I purchased an Anco saddle that they claim is a universal replacement part and it worked for my application but I'm not sure if it would work for you or not.

I think I paid about $10-12 for it at the time. From my recollection, an entire pantograph arm assembly will be around $40-50 ...may be more nowadays.

Here's what the saddle I used looked like:

theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 02:43 PM   #6

https://midwestbusparts.com/index.ph...index&cPath=21
Old 03-24-2019, 09:04 AM   #7

Fortunately it looks to be done raining for the weekend and I won't be back on the road for awhile so I have some time to get this fixed when I get home.

eyeeevin thanks for the offer I might take you up on it but the adapternTHEROC posted looks real close for a replacement and I think I'll get a couple as spares. They also appear to be steal vs the plastic ones i have.
Old 03-24-2019, 01:09 PM   #8
Decrepit Forum Advocate

Well, after doing a search, I guess they did go up in price since I purchased one years ago. And, I really don't recall if it was an Anco part I purchased. It was something that looked almost identical and that's the reason I posted that image yesterday.

Here is the least expensive online vendor I found for that Anco part but you might actually be able to go to your local auto parts store that carries Anco products and have them special order it for you for less:

Anco Adapter 47-95 at Ryder Parts $16.50

Also, looking at their site, an Anco wiper arm is not that much more expensive. I'm not sure if you'd want to explore just purchasing an entire new arm or not but the Anco product is probably not as heavy-duty as you might want. At any rate, a 22" pantograph Anco arm is only $20.90. I don't know of your shaft configuration and spline size, etc. but it may be better just to replace the entire arm assembly ...I don't know.

Anco Wiper Arm Fixed length pantograph 22" - 45-80
Old 03-24-2019, 05:40 PM   #9

Interesting! Thanks for the additional info. I'll have to check out my shaft and see if that's an option. Thanks again!
Old 03-26-2019, 06:10 AM   #10

Sorry for the late reply. I have two different links available. The both measure 2 1/4" long center to center. The one on the left accommodates a 5/8" wide blade while the one on the right accommodates a 1/2" wide blade. Let me know if either of these work for you. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190326_045805.jpeg
Views:	38
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	239494Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190326_051018.jpeg
Views:	38
Size:	108.0 KB
ID:	239495
Old 03-26-2019, 06:13 AM   #11

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190326_051225.jpeg
Views:	44
Size:	128.8 KB
ID:	239496
Old 04-01-2019, 11:31 PM   #12

I couldn’t find a replacement fit for my ‘89 Itasca when my wiper arm broke. I ended up having the broken wiper arm welded together where it broke.
eddndee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 01:16 AM   #13
Decrepit Forum Advocate

Anecdotally: there was a shooting incident in Seattle last week. When I was watching the news about it, they showed a close-up of the bus that had shots fired through the windshield where the driver was shot in the chest (luckily he survived but two other motorists were killed in this incident where some guy on the street just started shooting in a random fashion at vehicles and their occupants at close range ...story HERE).

As they were showing a close-up of the bus, I noticed what seemed like the exact wipers you have. The transit agency's parts department must stock that particular bridge/adapter so you'd think that the general public could purchase them somewhere.

Those bridges that eyeeevin is showing looks as if they're what might be the OEM part of that particular arm. If you haven't purchased them from him, you'd sure think that they could be purchased somewhere by the general public.

Old 04-02-2019, 10:35 PM   #14

Windshield wiper bracket broken ( dual arm)

Removed by OP as not pertinent to thread

eddndee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
windshield