Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-16-2005, 03:52 PM   #1

I am thinking about replacing my manual dish with a Movin Veiw dome by Winegard. I think Winnebago used these on some of their coaches. Any pro's or con's (or recommendations) on this system (or the KVH)?

Thanks

2003 Horizion 39WD
Seabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-16-2005, 03:52 PM   #2

I am thinking about replacing my manual dish with a Movin Veiw dome by Winegard. I think Winnebago used these on some of their coaches. Any pro's or con's (or recommendations) on this system (or the KVH)?

Thanks

2003 Horizion 39WD
Seabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 04:38 PM   #3

Freightliner Owners Club
Don't know about the In Motion system, but I had Winegard's dome system installed during GNR and can vouch for the fact that Winegard DOES stand behind their product.

The installers had a difficult time, and Winegard made it right - I left as a happy camper, and the system has performed flawlessly since.
RedT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 06:21 PM   #4
cwg

Wineguard had some issues with their original Movin View system, to the point that Winnebago chose not to use it on their coaches in 2006 which were optioned out as an in-motion system. Wineguard now states that their new system consisting of a renewed software package and proprietary dome will give the consumer total confidence and satisfaction in the product.

For the 2004 Movin View systems which had bugs, Wineguard instituted a replacement policy. Recently one of their executives/engineers stated to me at the RVIA show in Louisville that they hoped to realign with Winnebago in the future on the in motion systems. I can state that they have been excellent in trying to rectify the old problems.
Old 12-18-2005, 02:02 PM   #5
Administrator Emeritus

Not sure about any changes Wineguard did,or has done to the "original" MovinView in motion dome,but I can tell you I'll never own another one.
It came as an option on my 2004 Journey and I had trouble with not only the dome,but with Wineguard from the very beginning.
I was dealing with a local Satelite dealer (Mobilsat)here in the Virginia area who does several rv dealer's SAT work and he even called Wineguard for me and tried to get it to work.
First the board was fried,then something else...I purchased the TracStar for the Journey and now my brother has it and hasn't had an issue.

My new '06 has been ordered with the KingDome,which Winnebago went to after the Wineguard MovinView debacle.

Personally,it speaks volumes for Winnebago to stop using a vendor and I sincerely hope they investigate all the angles before letting that vendor back in the mix.
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 02:06 PM   #6
Administrator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Red T:
Don't know about the In Motion system, but I had Winegard's dome system installed during GNR and can vouch for the fact that Winegard DOES stand behind their product.

The installers had a difficult time, and Winegard made it right - I left as a happy camper, and the system has performed flawlessly since. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Guess I should have bought mine at a GNR where all the Wineguard gurus were....For the record,my Journey/Wineguard purchase was early year and apparently they hadn't figured out the "replacement policy" as I was never offered that option.

Not sure about any changes Wineguard did,or has done to the "original" MovinView in motion dome,but I can tell you I'll never own another one.

Probably shouldn't say never.....
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 01:28 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Ours came with one installed. We had problems from day one. The people have been great trying to fix it. Winegard always called back on every problem. But we don't want problems. Winegard replaced the unit after 2 years with the new and improved unit. It works great. We are happy campers
Old 12-22-2005, 08:05 AM   #8

I dont have the Winegard but have the KVH in-motion and except for a few problems that KVH has fixed at their cost it is great.

'05 GMC Canyon Crew Cab 4WD, Aluminator, Brake Buddy
Jim D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 04:50 PM   #9
PDB

My '04 Vectra came with the Wineguard and I haven't had any MAJOR probs with it after shakedown.
One thing Wineguard did right off the bat - - when I was talking to them, they asked if my dome had been painted by Winny. When I told them it was, they said they would ship me a new one, since the Winny paint was warping the plastic dome. The only other prob is the need to clean off and RainX the dome every couple of months.
I'm interested in the fact that Wineguard is replaing all the 04s. I guess I qualify. I'll have to look into it.

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd
PDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 06:53 AM   #10

I upgraded from a King Dome automatic to a Movin View. I got the stationary model, not in motion. I love it. It is fully automatic. Just push one button to turn it on and that's it.
I use DishNet, by the way.

Joe
2006 Phaeton 40 QDH
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
Old 04-16-2006, 11:03 AM   #11

We have a King Dome in motion. We haven't had any problems with it. It works great where there aren't a lot of mountains & trees!!

2001 Honda CRV
ladygraceqtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 12:20 PM   #12

I also went with the best at the time , KINGDOME, and have never had a problem. Easily upgradeable to in motion....

2005 Itasca Sunova 30B/Workhorse
Robert & Kiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 02:58 PM   #13
PDB

My '04 Vectra came with the original Winegard Mod 99. I had some probs with it but nothing major. I talked to Winegard about it and they said "We've been trying to find you. We want to replace your unit with a new Mod 3500. Tell us where you want to take it to have the work done, we'll ship them the new unit and pay their cost. It won't cost you a cent!"
So, I did, and they did. The shop had my coach for about 2 hours, they replaced the entire roof unit with new stuff and it never cost me a cent. Oh yes, this was after I was 8 months out of warranty.
In my opinion, they stand behind their product!
Paul
Oh yes, the new unit is much better than the old.

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd
PDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 05:59 PM   #14

I have a in motion KVH unit installed by a local dealer. The unit has never been worth what I paid for it.I took it to KVH in RI.They made repairs that lasted one month.After 3 years of trying to made it work, you may see it along I-75 north in a junk yard. I will never buy KVH. NEVER&lt;NEVER !!!!