Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-08-2008, 06:42 AM   #1

I posted this on the Damon forum as well. Figured I try here as well.....

Just throwing this out there for those of you may have done a satellite installation on your Damon.

This AM I climbed up on the roof to install my R5 KVH and right in front of the area where I plan to install the dish is the 4" round decal installed by Damon that basically says "Drill here to expose Satellite Coaxial Cable. Drill 1 1/2" hole 3/4 deep."

I drilled a 1 1/4" hole (to be on the cautious side here) and guess what I ran into. Directly under Damon's Crosshair "drill here" symbol was a 1/2" cold water line, and you guessed it, I nicked that baby. Obvious here is why did they put a water line anywhere in the neighborhood of the satellite decal/vise versa. I took a bunch of pics from the roof top and threw a board over the hole, we are due rain today! I basically quit at that point, day ruined at 8:30AM.

Now for the worst part....as if it could be worse....I removed the styrofoam pellets from my new 1 1/4" sunroof and there is NO Coax anywhere within my fingers reach, nothing. The water line was there as was two 12v wires, again directly in this drill area.

So not only did I destroy a water line, which is going mean cutting an even larger hole for the repair, but it was for no reason at all. I plan to call Damon on my way to the repair shop first thing. I know this may be laughable, but I'm going to ask them to pay for these repairs, as I did exactly what the decal said to do. I will post my response, sure it will be a joke to ask. This is ridiculous though, esp the main reason, no coax anywhere.

Anyone else ever experience this type of thing? I just figured I would ask.

2004 Damon Intruder 369/W22
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-08-2008, 06:42 AM   #2

I posted this on the Damon forum as well. Figured I try here as well.....

Just throwing this out there for those of you may have done a satellite installation on your Damon.

This AM I climbed up on the roof to install my R5 KVH and right in front of the area where I plan to install the dish is the 4" round decal installed by Damon that basically says "Drill here to expose Satellite Coaxial Cable. Drill 1 1/2" hole 3/4 deep."

I drilled a 1 1/4" hole (to be on the cautious side here) and guess what I ran into. Directly under Damon's Crosshair "drill here" symbol was a 1/2" cold water line, and you guessed it, I nicked that baby. Obvious here is why did they put a water line anywhere in the neighborhood of the satellite decal/vise versa. I took a bunch of pics from the roof top and threw a board over the hole, we are due rain today! I basically quit at that point, day ruined at 8:30AM.

Now for the worst part....as if it could be worse....I removed the styrofoam pellets from my new 1 1/4" sunroof and there is NO Coax anywhere within my fingers reach, nothing. The water line was there as was two 12v wires, again directly in this drill area.

So not only did I destroy a water line, which is going mean cutting an even larger hole for the repair, but it was for no reason at all. I plan to call Damon on my way to the repair shop first thing. I know this may be laughable, but I'm going to ask them to pay for these repairs, as I did exactly what the decal said to do. I will post my response, sure it will be a joke to ask. This is ridiculous though, esp the main reason, no coax anywhere.

Anyone else ever experience this type of thing? I just figured I would ask.

Old 06-08-2008, 07:15 AM   #3

Commish,

Unreal, eh? I plan to install mine, but I am really interested to hear Damon's response as to why the coaxial wasn't there where it was supposed to be, and, more importantly, what is a cold water pipe doing on the roof?

Keep us informed...
Old 06-08-2008, 07:39 AM   #4

On Damon forum we are discussing that the coax may be in that Pex line/water type line. I dunno, just don't wanna cut my roof open to repair a water line to make room for a push connector, appears that if it's not a coax then I will have to repair.

Anyone have thoughts on next move? Cut the hose to see what's in it if anything? Kinda makes a little sense that there are also 12V wires right in same area with the hose, if it is indeed a coax, no?

Old 06-08-2008, 07:40 AM   #5
JCM

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Triple E Owners Club
Is it really a cold water pipe or a plastic pipe containing the coax cable? There is no rational reason for a water pipe in the roof.
Old 06-08-2008, 08:39 AM   #6
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Duplicate thread.

please see other thread HERE.

Closed Thread