Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-21-2010, 02:26 PM   #1

Winnebago alert

I have a 2007 Winnebago Voyage and have an alert for owners of like product. If your interior(B.R./bath)door handles start to bind when opening them CHANGE THE LATCH SLIDE MECH> It was made in, of course, China and, appearantly to avoid patent costs, is a new reverse lever pull system. If it breaks, which mine did, it is virtually implssible to ge the door open. Trust me change it asap. Had to cut the latch out of the door to get out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF6223.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	180.3 KB
ID:	5085  
Dowjim1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-21-2010, 03:32 PM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowjim1 View Post
I have a 2007 Winnebago Voyage and have an alert for owners of like product. If your interior(B.R./bath)door handles start to bind when opening them CHANGE THE LATCH SLIDE MECH> It was made in, of course, China and, appearantly to avoid patent costs, is a new reverse lever pull system. If it breaks, which mine did, it is virtually implssible to ge the door open. Trust me change it asap. Had to cut the latch out of the door to get out.
We have a 2008 Winnebago Voyage. Had to have a window replaced under warranty. Winnebago can no longer get the correct size so they send a smaller one. Notice at the top the window no longer is high enough to reach the full body paint and Winnebago will not paint it.
zippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 08:29 AM   #3

Sad

It is sad that a longstanding name like Winnebago has such a poor warranty. One year is certainly not long enough to work our the design or manufacture flaws in a unit unless you run it full time. Glad I got an extended war. even if it doesnt cover the smaller stuff. Like the machine, just off the name. Ford on the other hand hs been great for service.
Dowjim1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 09:41 AM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Don't know if you'd want to try this, but with the smaller window and resulting paint problem I'd try painting the wall along the top of the window black, the same shade of black as the window frame and hopefully it would hide the problem. What does the interior look like?

Another thought is are you sure the new window is mounted correctly? Is it possible it is setting lower in the opening than it's supposed to be? I replaced a window in a trailer we had once and if not installed correctly it sat lower in the opening than it was supposed to.
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 10:27 AM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easyrider View Post
Don't know if you'd want to try this, but with the smaller window and resulting paint problem I'd try painting the wall along the top of the window black, the same shade of black as the window frame and hopefully it would hide the problem. What does the interior look like?

Another thought is are you sure the new window is mounted correctly? Is it possible it is setting lower in the opening than it's supposed to be? I replaced a window in a trailer we had once and if not installed correctly it sat lower in the opening than it was supposed to.
This is all warranty work as it's a 2008 bought in April of 2010. I watched our dealer replace the window. They adjusted it in the opening so the bottom of the window lined up with the body paint. The thoughts by the dealer at the time was Winnebago would tell them to paint it and with only the top to paint the cost would be less than having to paint top and bottom. When the dealer called Winnebago they sent a picture and were told to apply a heavy bead of black caulk to hide it. The dealer felt on a coach with less than 2000 miles (2 months we had owned it new) that was not the proper fix. The dealer is at this time trying to get a glass company to make up new glass for the old original frame and then reinstall the old frame. The dealer has been great, Winnebago not so great. This is our third Winnebago, times have changed and it's not the same old Winnebago I or the dealer use to know. The bean counters are now in charge. With the window the way it is, on the inside it looks fine.
zippo is offline   Reply With Quote