Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-16-2016, 06:41 PM   #1

Winnebago Tour slide problems

I have a 20141 Winnebago Tour with 3 slides, having problems with both passenger side slides. Initially it was the Galley slide that refused to open. It was cocked sideways a bit. Went to factory and installed rollers on bottom of slide That seemed to solve problem but after that the slide would extend out slightly on its own when driving. Called Winnebago and was told to put in block of some sort to prevent slide from extending on its own. Not long after that the slide would bind.. It finally got to the point where i would need to people pushing on the slide to get it to retract. About same time bedroom slide started acting up in the same manner. Talked to Winnebago and informed them of problems with slide. The tech told me they had designed a new mechanism to resolve issue and implied it would covered by warranty even though the 12 month warranty had expired. Took to Camping world dealer where i purchased it and after 3 weeks they determined that both slides had same problem. Submitted request for warranty repair authorization. I called Winnebago again andthey agreed to fix front galley slide but said they have not had any issues bedroom slide and refused to warranty its repair. Has anyone had a similar situation with there Winnebago Tour?
gsurdyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-17-2016, 03:09 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
If you do a "Google" search for schwintek slide mechanism, lots of information and problems.

Fred
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 04:17 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I have a friend with a 2013 Tour and he has had the schwintek slide issue twice where the slide had to be removed to repair. Both times it was past the 12 month warranty period.
Old 09-18-2016, 05:55 PM   #4

I work on swintec sides weekly. They break, they break again, and they will break again. Your only solution is selling the camper or get use to fixing it.
12rvrepair is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ems, problems, slide, slide problems, winnebago