RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-10-2019, 06:30 PM   #1

Winterizing

This may sound premature but with this crazy winter I donít think so.
We have a 2004 Fleetwood Bounder, which is new to us. Does anyone have a similar model? We would like to winterize without putting the antifreeze into the fresh water tank, as the Bounder manual suggests. Does anyone know how to bypass this method. Thank you!

Jerry4516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-10-2019, 07:32 PM   #2

Forest River Owners Club
I had a rig that I used a small electric pump to send the antifreeze in thru the city water hook up. I just drained the water from the tank and then pumped it in to the system with out using the motorhome pump. Be sure to unhook the pump when you are done and let the water out of it. I then opened all the drains and let the antifreeze run out.

inlineskater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 07:33 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
This is one way of doing it. YouTube offers many videos on this process.

LSC9901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 07:52 PM   #4

You should be able to remove the inlet line from the pump and connect a hose to the pump to pump the fluid through the lines. You do not want to put antifreeze in the fresh water tank. It takes forever to get it out.
Old 03-11-2019, 09:36 AM   #5

what soppy said! you do not want to put antifreeze into the fresh water tank. you may already have a valve in the fresh water pump inlet line that will divert the pump suction from the fresh water tank to an antifreeze suction line. if not there are kits that have parts to allow add this valve. simply switch the valve so that the pump is sucking from an antifreeze jug rather than the fresh water tank.
bigchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 09:41 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soppy View Post
You should be able to remove the inlet line from the pump and connect a hose to the pump to pump the fluid through the lines. You do not want to put antifreeze in the fresh water tank. It takes forever to get it out.
X2 That's my routine as well. One more point. As you get to know your rig, you may find that the fresh water tank is not exactly level in the coach. Therefore,you will have to leave the fresh water drain valve open and using the leveling jacks, raise and lower the rear to ensure the tank empties out completely , all the while ensuring the drain valve side is tilted down. Fleetwood's advice (to add antifreeze to the tank) is probably their admission that the tank will not completely empty unless you tip the coach as I suggest. Certainly mine will retain water until I perform the above maneuvers.

DIY Rear Panhard Rod
exrench is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winter