Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-09-2007, 04:12 PM   #15

Buzz,

I'd like to get a copy of the drawing you have for the vent kit. I've looked at my setup and it looks like some of that flexible metal dryer vent hose and a couple of floor heater vents to act as scoops would work.

Yesterday I installed the Taylor wires and AC/Delco plugs, it took me about 1 1/2 hours to complete it. The passengers side was the hardest, I had to do the two rear plugs by feel . I did take a break for a cold adult beverage though. I also did it at the CG I'm at in Nevada, the temps were in the 110s, if you have a shop you could probably do it in an hour.

Good luck!

Margaret - She who must be obeyed.
Tincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-09-2007, 08:01 PM   #16
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Paul and Buzz try this LINK it shows the kit and where you can adapt some dryer hose with vents mounted under bumper to cool your wires. Give thanks to Ometech

RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 06:12 AM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks for all the good information. I will be picking up my 08 Pace Arrow with the 8.1 soon. How worried/concerned should I be with the heating of the plug wires. Should I begin looking into the air ducts to cool the engin?
Lloyd.
offshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 06:54 AM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by offshore:
Thanks for all the good information. I will be picking up my 08 Pace Arrow with the 8.1 soon. How worried/concerned should I be with the heating of the plug wires. Should I begin looking into the air ducts to cool the engin?
Lloyd. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lloyd, I may be way out in "left field" on this but as an 8.1 Pace owner I have also been concerned. However, after following this problem for a couple of years, I can't recall Pace Arrow's built within the last few years having this problem. Hopefully Fleetwood's front end design isn't as prone to the heat problem.
Anyway, I haven't had any heat related issues with my 05 PA. I think you'll be fine with the way it comes off the asy. line.
Pat
FMCA 212171
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 07:15 AM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Pat, thanks for the good info. takes a load off my mind.
offshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 08:53 AM   #20

Hi Tincup and "007",
I went to workhorse.com, clicked on parts and scrolled down to the picture they have of the available cool air vent kit. Looking at the picture it is nothing more than two air scoops, vent hose, hose clampe and what appears to be electrical tie wraps.
I took the picture and went to Home Depot where you can get two alumonum dryer vents with a metal mesh screen on the front, aluminum dryer hose, hose clamps and I already have the electrical tie wraps, screws and other materials plus the tools to do the job.
I went under the front of the MH and I verified that I can securely attach the dryer vents on each side under the front cowling so they will pick up the most possible air flow. I located several places to securely attach the vent hose so I can direct the air into the plug area of the engine. Mainly to the #5, 6, 7, and #8 plug wire area. It will take some work but I have plenty of time and will take some pictures to post when I am done.
I do have a couple of questions before I start. I have thought about possible wind noise. Has anyone experienced this or do you think it may be a problem? Also when I looked at the pictures on the link "007" gave me it shows two filters housed in a battery box installed in the vent hose. This is not part of the kit from workhorse. Is it requires for some reason?
Thank you "007" for the link!! It gave me confidence that I am on the right track and that what I am planning will work.

Buzz43
04 Infinity 36Z
W-22
Old 07-10-2007, 11:05 AM   #21

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brazels RV Performance:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by parts_expert:
the Workhorse part number for the enhanced engine ventilation kit is W8005026...

this also includes wires and plugs to complete the repair </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This kit includes new factory AcDelco plug wires,but no spark plugs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you are correct- no plugs. Meant to state "plug shields"
Old 07-10-2007, 07:54 PM   #22
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Buzz I put in the new CAI because I had problems with water in air intake the TUBA that you see missing. The weather strip you see was to keep the water out of the TUBA which worked for me and I left it to protect the wipper motor and plug which also creates crazy wippers when plug gets water in it.
The CAI gives added HP & mileage.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 05:00 PM   #23

Mid Atlantic Campers
and the beat goes on

Tom, a sewer hose would never stand the heat, an instant melt down

2007 National RV Pacifica 36'
Jestme13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 06:57 PM   #24

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Rexhall Owners Group
DO NOT put anything flammable or that will melt in your engine compartment. An engine fire would be much worse than a few burnt plug wires. My Workhorse vent kit uses NASCAR style hi temp ducting.

Hose is 3" race car brake duct hose rated to 250 deg. Made by Allstar P/N 42151 for 10' length (Cut in half 5'per side.

Flanges are made by Butler P/N 7009 2 ea
W22 Workhorse
Full-Timers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 08:55 PM   #25
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jestme13:
and the beat goes on ... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Steve I'm so sorry that you couldn't join us. I hope that everything works out with your family. Colleen and I send our best wishes.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 12:15 PM   #26

Well, I completed my spark plug air vent system and it turned out well. I get plenty of air to the plugs so I hope this solves the problem but also intend to put on the taylor extreme duty wires. I went to the taylor webb site and could not find them listed.
Anyone got a webb site I can go to and get them for a good price?
Old 07-17-2007, 12:32 PM   #27
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Buzz43:
Anyone got a web site I can go to and get them for a good price? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>You can always get them from one of our sponsors here:
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 01:11 PM   #28

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Full-Timers:
DO NOT put anything flammable or that will melt in your engine compartment. An engine fire would be much worse than a few burnt plug wires. My Workhorse vent kit uses NASCAR style hi temp ducting. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd have to agree strongly

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by parts_expert:
the Workhorse part number for the enhanced engine ventilation kit is W8005026...

this also includes wires and plug shields to complete the repair </div></BLOCKQUOTE>