Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-02-2010, 02:59 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Worthless info from seajay

This is associated with the 'Other worthless stuff' about wireing and stuff.
I had a 'tech'? look for the problem with my jacks not working. We were in Indiana or somewhere and I pulled into a R.V. dealership and asked 'Gomer' if he knew anything about leveling jacks on a 2000 Pace Arrow on a Ford V10 chassis. "Sure do sir", "I took a class on them about a year ago".....
Gomer fumbled around under the dash of the coach for a few minutes and found a blown fuze. He replaced it and was amazed that the jacks still did not work. He went outside and opened the BLACK BOX located on the firewall on the rite side of the coach. He fumbled around in there for a while and fooled with some of the fuzes and monkied around ..... He finally declared that he thought my porblem was in that 'big electrical board thingie' with all the fuzeses and wires and stuff on it and he didnt have one to replace mine with. He went inside and made a phone call and came back and told me that his 'buddy' that was a tank mechanic in the army agreed with him and he could order a 'board' and have it in next Friday. I said "no thanks", he charged me 80 dollars and we left...
About three hours down the road we pulled into a campground for the night and DW informed me that the refrigerator was not running. Upon further investigation we had NO POWER anywhere in the coach. HOLLY CAT STUFF.......
In desperation I drove to another dealership and asked a Tech for assistance concerning the NO POWER situation in my coach. Since it was ten minutes till closing time there the manager gave me this tip after I told him about "Gomer" messing around in the BLACK BOX....

INSIDE THAT BLACK BOX THERE ARE TWO RESETS. THEY ARE BOLTED TO THE BOTTOM OF THE BOX ON THE LEFT HAND SIDE. THEY ARE SILVER WITH A LITTLE BLACK BUTTON IN THE CENTER OF THEM......

He handed me a pencil and told me to go press them in with the eraser of the pencil. He said I should hear a CLICK and my lights should come back on.
P O O F ........... EVERYTHING CAME BACK ON.......... URICA ....
I went back inside and handed him twenty dollars which he refused to take. He said he hoped that this made up for some "Gomer" messing around where he should keep his hands to himself.....
This information concerns a Fleetwood, 2000, 33 foot Pace Arrow on a Ford v10 chassis. It may be the same on your gas coach, maybe.
If you use this valuable information you will own me ten cents and you must pay me the next time you see me. On the other hand,,,,,
IF IT DONT WORK FOR YOU....... I NEVER KNEW YOU.....
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS AND BRING THEM HOME SOON AND SAFE
GOD BLESS OUR VETS FOR THEIR SERVICE TO THIS GREAT NATION
Seajay the sailor man

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-02-2010, 06:02 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Seajay,
Welcome to iRV2. Thanks for coming to this forum and providing us with your wit and humor. It would be a shame for your talent to be confined to one of the "other " forums.

Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 09:09 AM   #3
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Seajay has been following me around since.... well, let's just say he likes Marines.

I hope he provides us with some of his antidotes on the RV Lifestyle.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 09:17 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
JMHO. . .Seajay migrating to iRV2 is a serious loss to his former domicle...and a serious gain for us here!! I post in all 3 major forums, but I am about to follow Seajay. I really dislike forums where the moderator answers ALL the posts before anyone else gets a chance to respond. Doing that kind of intimidates other responders. WELCOME SEAJAY, keep up the good - ah, work?

Hey SEAJAY - you gonna be at Hemet mid-month? I'll give you your stinkin' dime!!
Old 03-04-2010, 05:47 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Yoooooooooooh Wayne. I would like to give you a big Sailor thank you for advising me to come over here from ''you know where''. Would you believe they still got me on sensorship over on the ''other forum''. If I try to post it takes two days for 'whats his name' to edit my post and stick it up on the board. I believe I have found a happy home here.
New subject ..... I was lookin on the web yesterday and noticed they have completely changet the Navy Uniform. No more ''Dress Blues'', no more ''Whites'' for summer. What the hay is goin on with my Navy. From the pix My Navy looks like ''uggggggh'' Soldiers or worser yet ....... Marines. Understand NO DISRESPECT TO EITHER BRANCH MENTIONED but a Sailor should look like a SAILOR...... Dress Blues with a 'rake' on the dixie cup, bell bottoms, big collar and a black ''hand tied tie''. 13 buttons on his pants and no pockets showing. Every body knows that the ladies just love Sailors best of all because we got three months pay in our pocket and three months of 'love' saved up and we are generous with both. What in the world has My Navy come to? I really hope the Marine Corps does not do away with their Dress Blues. At least Our Marines will respect tradition I hope. Such is life and such is progress if you can call it that. Guess I am living in the past still.........
GOD BLESS OUR VETS FOR THEIR SERVICE TO THIS GREAT NATION .
Seajay the 'old timie' sailor man.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:41 AM   #6
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Seajay,
Now that you have let the proverbial cat oout of the bag and told the world it was I that invited you over her, you had better behave yourself, or else!!!!

Oh! And I agree. A sailor should look like a sailor, and they have always looked like a pile of "mud" with a marshmallow on top. (I cleaned that up.)

I to am glad that you found us, with Marine guidance of course. Now, turn your spell checker on sailor.
Old 03-04-2010, 11:40 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
worthless info from seajay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seajay View Post
Yoooooooooooh Wayne. I would like to give you a big Sailor thank you for advising me to come over here from ''you know where''. Would you believe they still got me on sensorship over on the ''other forum''. If I try to post it takes two days for 'whats his name' to edit my post and stick it up on the board. I believe I have found a happy home here.
New subject ..... I was lookin on the web yesterday and noticed they have completely changet the Navy Uniform. No more ''Dress Blues'', no more ''Whites'' for summer. What the hay is goin on with my Navy. From the pix My Navy looks like ''uggggggh'' Soldiers or worser yet ....... Marines. Understand NO DISRESPECT TO EITHER BRANCH MENTIONED but a Sailor should look like a SAILOR...... Dress Blues with a 'rake' on the dixie cup, bell bottoms, big collar and a black ''hand tied tie''. 13 buttons on his pants and no pockets showing. Every body knows that the ladies just love Sailors best of all because we got three months pay in our pocket and three months of 'love' saved up and we are generous with both. What in the world has My Navy come to? I really hope the Marine Corps does not do away with their Dress Blues. At least Our Marines will respect tradition I hope. Such is life and such is progress if you can call it that. Guess I am living in the past still.........
GOD BLESS OUR VETS FOR THEIR SERVICE TO THIS GREAT NATION .
Seajay the 'old timie' sailor man.
Seajay, I agree with you 1000%. I wore that uniform for four years and am damn proud of it.
Old 03-04-2010, 05:58 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I did too. What are you talking about the uniform?
Old 03-05-2010, 08:26 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Uniforms of the United States Navy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Here is the link to the ''NEW NAVY SUITS.'' I refuse to call them Navy uniforms.
GOD BLESS OUR VETS FOR THEIR SERVICE TO THIS GREAT NATION
Seajay the 'old timie'' sailor man
ps. Do you sailors remember when your favorite girlfriend would sneak in and put on your dress blues? Nothin' sexier than a lady dressed that way.. Mine had on ''just the dress blues''..............Nothing else.....
Old 03-05-2010, 09:22 AM   #10
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Ah! Seajay!
Ya'll are looking more and more like Marines.
I guess ya'll just recognize a good uniform.

Semper Fi!
Old 03-05-2010, 09:59 AM   #11

Vintage RV Owners Club
Cool

When I went in the Navy, it was the "Zumwalt" years. Admiral Zunwalt was a great fan of uniform changes. About every year and a half a new "better uniform" came down the pike. In '74, the 13 button sailor uniform left the building for "chief style" uniforms for all (no suitable lockers on board for all those suits). Anybody remember the "Z" grams?

He singlehandedly put the Mellon wool uniform company out of business, they were the sole supplier for the dress blues.
Then, in 1980 (Ithink) we went back to sailor blues, but no more Mellon wool, they were some crappy mostly poly blend, the would itch and scratch something awful. We had dress whites again sailor style, and tropical whites. The salt 'n' pepper maitre d' uniform went away then, in favor of the tropical whites.

After I retired, the very next year, they started issuing p cutters to sailors to make them look more like the rest of the military. I got my issue of Navy News awhile back, and I saw snipes steaming in the pit of my first ship before she de-commed in '08, and they were troubleshooting the evaporator unit in the engineroom, and the uniforms they were wearing weren't the fire retardant cover-alls we had to wear when I retired, they were in some sort of camo gear, looked like they were Marines, I guess with those on they could blend in with the white bulkheads and if they covered their eyes no one could see them.

Speaking of those 13 button torture devices, they did look good on those PI honeys, didn't they? As a Company Commander when I was on shore duty I hated them when I took my company for inspection by MED (military eval div), there was always some brain dead recruit that would button them up crooked.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:50 AM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
That Sux!
Old 03-06-2010, 06:40 AM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
I agree with you guys in that it is a shame that My Navy seems to be abandoning tradition and heritage of a service so deep rooted in the defence of this great nation. They use to say that ''There is nothing like a Sailor and you can spot one a mile away, in the dark, by his uniform''. The ''dixie cup'' was a chick magnet and everyone wanted a ''Sailor Hat'' for their very own. I can not recall the number of times that girls would ask me for a Sailor Hat. Some even made offers of ''trade'' which can not be discussed on this forum.
Anyhow. Such is life and such is progress and we can not change either.
The ''camo's'' should be real handy standing in the chow line at the Unit I galley at N.O.B. NORFOLK, VA ...... As I recall there were trees there and no one will be able to see how long the line is. ........lol......
Suck it up Sailors, we probably said the same 'gripes' when Our Navy went from wood to iron ships.......... ''GOOD LORD, WHAT IS MY NAVY COMING TO?''
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS (THAT ALL LOOK ALIKE NOW) AND BRING THEM HOME SOON AND SAFE .....
GOD BLESS OUR VETS FOR THEIR SERVICE TO THIS GREAT NATION...
Seajay the sailor man.. (pls. tell me I dont look like a Marine)