Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 05-29-2014, 08:54 PM   #15
Originally Posted by 94-Newmar View Post
Did you remove teh lower access panel as I described in my earlier post? I'd bet your issue is in there.
Yes everything looked fine. Clean, wire nuts with electrical tape. I checked the voltage on the wires and there was nothing.
I am debating whether or not to take it out and take off the top and look inside. Maybe if there is something obvious then I can just go ahead and order a new one.

Fishkc10boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-30-2014, 03:19 PM   #16
Ok, I left the inverter plugged up to shore power with circuit breakers in the on position on the inverter overnight. It is a 50a service on the mh but it is plugged into the garage so I have a 10 gauge 50ft extension cord plugged into the 25ft cord from the mh. Note, everything in the mh worked just fine for the 3 weeks before this problem began. When I went out and checked it this morning the batteries were drained downed to 10.3v chassis and 9.4v for the house batteries.
Could the inverter/charger be draining the batteries?
All power was off to the mh except the surge protector and the transfer box just because it was plugged into the garage.

Fishkc10boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 07:30 AM   #17
If you have A/C in and no A/C out inverter is dead. Check this under the top panel as previously stated. When mine went south I got a new one at PPL on sale for $900.
Tom Homestead Fl.
2006 National RV Tradewinds 40D
tom77hmstd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 11:55 AM   #18
Problem with Xantrex Freedom 458 Inverter

Last month my wife and I were traveling through the area of Sequoia National Park and Yosemite, in California. When I plugged into the 50A service in a campground, we lost all coach 12v and 110v services. I could not find any problem, reported it to the camp owner and an handyman checked the power on the supply post: he found a fault on the neutral and, as I understand, if there is no neutral, the voltage between the two 110v feeds results in 220v across these two feeds and, I think, That's what caused the drastic failure. We went to Camping World in Fresno and were told that they could only help us in about two to three days. Then we went to Paul Evert's and Patrick was very friendly and assumed the problem to be with the inverter (possibly $2,000 to $3,000), but the electrician that could actually diagnose it would only be available the next day. We, then, decided to head up home in Arizona. At home I found new inverters for about $1,000. But I had the time to investigate the problem on the internet and diagnose it in the motorhome: opened up the inverter and found a .25A fuse (fuse F2) blown in the AC circuit board. Bought a pack of 4 fuses at Radio Shack for less than $4, replaced the blown fuse and everything was back to normal.
I've attached the troubleshooting guide for the Freedom Inverter.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Freedom-Fleet Power Troubleshooting.pdf (152.9 KB, 36 views)
jojacinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 06:18 PM   #19

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Great, isn't it nice to save $996+!
More $ for camping and fuel.

Big Dog House On Wheels
2013 Coachmen Freelander 28QB
on 2012 Chevrolet 4500
Using iRV2 app

Big Dog House On Wheels
2013 Coachmen Freelander 28QB