Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-22-2018, 06:10 PM   #1

Xantrex Pro question

I've just been boondocking for the last few days and I went to hit my battery voltage monitor just now and it no longer works, I pressed the button and it no longer clicks. Is there a way to reset this panel? It is a Xantrex Pro xm1800.

I've checked my fuses and circuit breakers and all are good.

Any help is appreciated.

John DOC808
2007, Dynamax Isata 230, E450 Chassis Click image for larger version

Name:	20180622_184953.jpeg
Views:	33
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	208163

DoC808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-22-2018, 06:21 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Since you've been off the grid for a bit any idea what the battery volts might be? If less than 10.5 VDC or so the inverter will not power up and correspondingly the remote won't either.

Old 06-22-2018, 06:27 PM   #3

It was at least 12.8. When I last checked. I cranked up my generator just fine and my Outlets are on. My TV comes on as well as the DVD player. I think it's just the panel
Old 06-22-2018, 06:42 PM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Check to ensure the RJ11 connectors are fully seated at both the remote and back at the inverter. You could also try to reinstall the remote back into the inverter. Maybe a complete power disconnect for a minute or so but I would use this as a last resort since it's working now but might not after a shut down without a functioning panel.
Old 06-22-2018, 06:57 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbriar View Post
Check to ensure the RJ11 connectors are fully seated at but the remote and back at the inverter. You could also try to reinstall the remote back into the inverter. Maybe a complete power disconnect for a minute or so but I would use this as a last resort since it's working now but might not after a shut down without a functioning panel.
Took apart the panel and it doesn't really look like anything I can mess with. It's pretty well sealed onto the motherboard. Everything on the inverter looks good.
Old 06-22-2018, 07:46 PM   #6

I disconnected the panel and reconnected it and it doesn't come on. But the inverter seems to be working all my Outlets work the TV works in the AC works. Would the generator still charge the batteries if the panel is not working?
Old 06-22-2018, 08:01 PM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoC808 View Post
I disconnected the panel and reconnected it and it doesn't come on. But the inverter seems to be working all my Outlets work the TV works in the AC works. Would the generator still charge the batteries if the panel is not working?
Maybe and it's easy to tell. If battery volts jump to 13 or more volts when the generator is powered up they you're charging.
Old 06-22-2018, 08:03 PM   #8

Yeah. I'm not that mechanically inclined. How would I check that with out the panal? Multimeter on the battery posts?
Old 06-23-2018, 02:00 AM   #9

I had the same problem I found a RJ11 splitter that got disconnected you will have to trace the wire. Test it by with a new RJ11 wire on the remote and the inverter
luis103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 05:16 AM   #10

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Not sure how to check the panel or what pins are what concerning the cable. I'm pretty sure there's nothing special about the cable and it's that same as basic four wire telephone cable.

Here's what I would try. Get a second RJ11 cable. Local hardware store will have then in the electronic section with the telephone stuff. Only need a couple of feet in length which is maybe a few dollars. Something like this -
Monster Cable 2 ft. L White Modular Telephone Line Cable(140097-00) - Phone Accessories - Ace Hardware
Remove the remote from its current location and using the new cable reconnect it to the inverter at the inverter. The cable is about the only thing the end user can replace and if it doesn't restore the remote you probably need to give Xantrex a call on Monday.
Old 06-23-2018, 10:15 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbriar View Post
Not sure how to check the panel or what pins are what concerning the cable. I'm pretty sure there's nothing special about the cable and it's that same as basic four wire telephone cable.

Here's what I would try. Get a second RJ11 cable. Local hardware store will have then in the electronic section with the telephone stuff. Only need a couple of feet in length which is maybe a few dollars. Something like this -
Monster Cable 2 ft. L White Modular Telephone Line Cable(140097-00) - Phone Accessories - Ace Hardware
Remove the remote from its current location and using the new cable reconnect it to the inverter at the inverter. The cable is about the only thing the end user can replace and if it doesn't restore the remote you probably need to give Xantrex a call on Monday.
Yeah I think it's beyond my capability. The cable is soldered to the motherboard in the back of the controller. The other end is just like a phone cord. I'll have to wait till Monday. Why does this always happen on weekends. Anyone know a good RV repair place near Nebraska City Nebraska?
Old 06-23-2018, 10:32 AM   #12

Here is the link to troubleshooting FAQ.

http://www.xantrex.com/support.asp

Since it was working before, a few may not apply, but here are the probable causes.

Inverter is off,
No power to inverter,
connected with reverse polarity
No AC and DC power..Connect AC power and turn on
15A supplementary breaker has tripped.-Reset breaker on unit and turn on.

If you need another panel, let me know. I have an extra one.
Old 06-23-2018, 10:33 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowells View Post
Here is the link to troubleshooting FAQ.

http://www.xantrex.com/support.asp

Since it was working before, a few may not apply, but here are the probable causes.

Inverter is off,
No power to inverter,
connected with reverse polarity
No AC and DC power..Connect AC power and turn on
15A supplementary breaker has tripped.-Reset breaker on unit and turn on.

If you need another panel, let me know. I have an extra one.
I am pretty sure it's the panel. I went through those steps checked all the fuses checked all the circuit breakers but everything seems to be working I just can't see what the voltage is on the panel it's just not lighting up.
Old 06-23-2018, 03:33 PM   #14

PM me the info and I can get this one out to you probably on Monday, if not on Tuesday.

Tags
xantrex