Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 04-11-2012, 06:39 PM   #43
Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Without getting into the debate....my personal experience is similar. EVERY internal combustion engine I have (including the lawnmower and ATVs) runs like crap on E10, even our newer vehicles that are supposedly designed for the E10. I get atleast 2mpg better with E0, and better performance to boot. I'm tired of having to use ethanol !!!!

'87 Coachmen Leprachuan 27' on Ford E 350 w/ 460 cid, Hedman Headers, dual flowmaster exhaust
tekrsq is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-12-2012, 10:33 AM   #44
National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I know I may sound a bit anal, but I have logged every tank of gas on every vehicle I've owned since 1973. Back then, Ethanol was added in some areas during the winter months to help prevent smog. I could tell when Ethanol had been added, and when it was clear. Every vehicle I have owned has had a 10 to 15% reduction in mileage with a 10% Ethanol blend. I won't use the 15% blend. Cars manufactured before 2008 will be damaged by that blend. I curently own a 2006 Toyota RAV4. I get about 25 mpg in mixed driving and a little more than 31 highway. This is on a constant 10% Ethanol blend which is all we seem to be able to get now. I have 68000 miles on this car, so using 25 mpg as a mileage figure, I ve used approximately 2720 gallons of gas in the 6 years I've owned it. If the gas had not had Ethanol, I would have used approximately 2365 gallons or about 60 gallons less each year. Multiply 60 gallons times the number of cars on the road - a lot of gas that could be saved each year.

Charlie & Mernie Matthews
Liberty Lake, WA
2014 Columbus 365RL Fifth Wheel
chasmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 03:41 PM   #45
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Originally Posted by clyon51 View Post
I see Indiana still has 31 stations statewide that offer E0. I live in Michigan and we have 70. Na na, na na na
What's to brag about? Oklahoma has 384! Last Fall when I was thru there it was still 10-12 cents more per gallon. I was told to never put anything but E0 in the riding lawnmower.
Barb (RVM18), Sena (capuchin monkey, RVM Head Mascot) & Lily (Maltese/Yorkie)
2011 Shasta Cynara 230F & 2012 Smart Car toad, 272 watt solar system
The Journey is Our Destination. Full-timing since 5/18/2011 and loving it.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:38 PM   #46
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Again it seems necessary to mention drop the Amsoil topic if you can not find your post contact me about it.
John & Cathy R.
06 Pace Arrow 38L W24
08 Lincoln MKX AWD
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:15 AM   #47
Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Originally Posted by JohnRR View Post
Again it seems necessary to mention drop the Amsoil topic if you can not find your post contact me about it.
Thank you..

Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote