Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-30-2016, 08:01 AM   #43

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
You need to get the specifics in writing as to why Thor and Ford say its the other guys problem. Then nail each down as to why it happened. If the chassis was modified in any way by Thor then they probably assume liability in Ford's eyes. If not, then Ford has to stand up for their product as it is obviously a mfr defect or improper assembly. You need to talk with the district service rep from Ford. He should be able to authorize the replacement of your tires. Try working through a Ford dealership that sells and services medium duty trucks...they have more experience than the local car and pickup dealerships.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-30-2016, 08:17 AM   #44

14theroad,
When I had an F53 I had excellent service at Crown Ford in Fayetteville NC. They sell and service commercial trucks and have a shop set up for it too. They gladly work on motorhomes.

ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 07:24 PM   #45

Curious to hear the resolution to the problems.

Considering a 37LS and am trying to do as much research as I can before pulling the trigger.

I'm stuck between a Road Warrior RW427 and the 37LS. Each has its own benefits and downsides and the price is about the same (when considering the purchase of a tow vehicle.)
Old 05-04-2016, 09:25 PM   #46
Community Moderator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquill1 View Post
Curious to hear the resolution to the problems.

Considering a 37LS and am trying to do as much research as I can before pulling the trigger.

I'm stuck between a Road Warrior RW427 and the 37LS. Each has its own benefits and downsides and the price is about the same (when considering the purchase of a tow vehicle.)
Aquill1,

It should be noted that the 37LS will not be part of the 2017 model year line-up...being replace by the 37BG with a 13.5' deep garage and no loft.
It will be about the same size on the outside as the 37LS, but rather different inside.
See: Class "A" Toyhaulers

So...if you want the 37LS, don't wait too long.
The Class A or Towable Toy Hauler selection is one that only the individual buyer can make.

Best luck
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (Ret), Damon Outlaw #1193
I have seen gross intolerance shown in support of tolerance, Samuel Coleridge
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 10:37 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab0088 View Post
Aquill1,

It should be noted that the 37LS will not be part of the 2017 model year line-up...being replace by the 37BG with a 13.5' deep garage and no loft.
It will be about the same size on the outside as the 37LS, but rather different inside.
See: Class "A" Toyhaulers

So...if you want the 37LS, don't wait too long.
The Class A or Towable Toy Hauler selection is one that only the individual buyer can make.

Best luck
Thanks for the heads up and the welcoming. All the lurking I've been doing on this site for a month or so has helped me be in the know about the loft being deleted.

Luckily MHSRV is less than 10 miles away and has several 37LS' for sale. We're just waiting for the sale of our house to be completed, on or before the 20th, and we'll be making our decision shortly thereafter.
Old 12-12-2016, 04:02 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCosio View Post
The garage rating on a Newmar Canyon Star 3921 is 1500lbs its the same as my 3920. Not sure where the 1000lbs comes from?
I think I might know why two weight limits. The 1,500lbs does not include the bed lift. I'm guessing the bed lift and everything that comes with that option weighs near 500lbs.
Old 12-17-2016, 06:49 AM   #49
Ex Millwright / Army Vet

We decided to NOT buy any Thor product (even though we like a coule of their models a lot) because they use Swintek slide systems which have a myriad of problems. Just didn't want to deal with the risk of having a these problems.
marjoa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 12:14 PM   #50
Community Moderator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by marjoa View Post
We decided to NOT buy any Thor product (even though we like a coule of their models a lot) because they use Swintek slide systems which have a myriad of problems. Just didn't want to deal with the risk of having a these problems.
Well, best luck.

Schwintek is NOT only a Thor system. That slide system is used in many, many brands including Winnie since the same vintage as Thor started using it.
In-Wall® Slide-Out

And, it is used on vertical lifts for interior bunks too.

But, since Thor is the best selling brand of RV's in North America, there are so many more on the road than other brands.

No Outlaw means the buyer for a new RV is either picking the Canyon Star 3921 (dramatically lower garage capacity) or a towable toy hauler. All great options, but we love our Outlaw.

I submit that the small(ish) slides in the Outlaw work well with these slide drives. The problem was always the massive super slides like in the Palazzo...just too much weight. And the "3Trax" has improved the situation and has been retrofitted on used RV's.

Safe travels

Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (Ret), Damon Outlaw #1193
I have seen gross intolerance shown in support of tolerance, Samuel Coleridge
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
thor