Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-30-2014, 06:38 PM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green D View Post
Fleetwood is a good company with great customer service, I have had two FW TT's and two FW MH's my current one is a high end Fleetwood called American Coach. I have had good service from all of them. Don't know about your floorplan or quirks on that model.

Eric
Agree, great service both on the phone and at the factory. FYI, here is the quality list of FWs, in order, and their starting price as of Dec 2013:

Providence $336k

Discovery $271k

Expedition $215k

Excusion $180k

Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-31-2014, 02:50 AM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
Horizonchase - your picture looks like a C on a Sprinter Chassis. We had a Forest River Solera on Sprinter Chassis - 2012. I added a Hellwig Sway bar to mine to help with the wind hitting the coach. It helped a lot. There isn't as much wind feeling in the Excursion as there was in the Sprinter (not sure why - should be more???) Anyway ... good luck with your decision. It's all good!
Thanks Debbie. On my Winnebago forum they have talked about the sway bar but I really didn't pay too much attention to it. I'll have to rethink it.

Old 04-02-2014, 04:36 PM   #17

Hi there! I'm brand new here (first post! ) Anyway, I have a question about the towing power of the the 35B Excursion. According to their posted specs, the GVWR is only 4,000lbs less than the GCWR, even though they say it can tow 10,000lbs. So that means; it can't really tow 10,000lbs, right? Or am I reading it wrong? I'm looking to buy my first coach and take my family full time for a year or so (2 adults, a 5 year old, and some pets), and we totally fell in LOVE with this model after test driving and looking for upwards of a year - such a great floor plan and features!! - but I need to it tow at *least* 6,000 (enclosed trailer with car that will also work as a mobile office when car is not inside).... I'm really bummed if this isn't going to work :(

GVWR (lbs)1 26,000 Front GAWR (lbs)2 10,500 Rear GAWR (lbs)2 17,500 GCWR (lbs)3 30,000 Hitch Rating Weight (lbs)4 10,000
Old 04-02-2014, 07:40 PM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club

Dusterella...you've broken the code... work the numbers, the tow rating is the lower of:

1. GCWR minus tow vehicle's actual weight.

2. Hitch capacity.

3. Coach tow rating.

4. Chassis maker's tow rating.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 07:49 PM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Hi Horizon,

Did you look at the Winnebago Adventurer 35P? It is a super coach and we love ours. It has a King Size Sleep Number bed and a stack-able washer dryer in it. The full wall slide really opens it up along with a bedroom slide and a dinette slide. There is plenty of storage inside and out. Oh I almost forgot the 4 door refrigerator with ice maker is great too.
If you go to Winnebago, Itasca, Era New - Used Motorhomes for Sale, Iowa RV Dealer - Lichtsinn Motors They have one and you have to click on motor homes and then new and scroll down to adventurer. Dw liked the Vienna Maple cabinets.
Either way good luck on your choice of motor homes.

Tom-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 11:37 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat320 View Post
Dusterella...you've broken the code... work the numbers, the tow rating is the lower of:

1. GCWR minus tow vehicle's actual weight.

2. Hitch capacity.

3. Coach tow rating.

4. Chassis maker's tow rating.
Yeah I figured, even though the guys assured us it would tow 10k "no problem" - ugh, salesmen! Yeah, maybe it would without any cargo! I guess my follow up on this is...how can one find out the unloaded weight of the exact coach we would be buying, without owning it? With fuel tanks full and minimal water or waste water in the holding tanks...
Old 04-03-2014, 06:19 AM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusterella View Post
Yeah I figured, even though the guys assured us it would tow 10k "no problem" - ugh, salesmen! Yeah, maybe it would without any cargo! I guess my follow up on this is...how can one find out the unloaded weight of the exact coach we would be buying, without owning it? With fuel tanks full and minimal water or waste water in the holding tanks...
Maybe a test drive to a truck stop with scales? However, my recommendation is to go with a coach with a bigger engine if you are towing that much weight. The Excursion may do it - but you probably will not like going up any significant hills. I love our coach, and it has plenty of power for me, but we aren't towing 10,000 lbs either.
Old 04-03-2014, 06:37 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusterella View Post

I have recently been able to get this info from Winnebago by providing the VIN of a coach on a dealer lot. Maybe Fleetwood can do the same?

Travelling With Black Labrador Retriever
szn8tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 08:17 AM   #23

Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
All that info is usually inside a cabinet door. Ours is inside the bathroom medicine cabinet door. Look around at the dealer and you will find it, take a picture with your cell phone.
krivanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 08:55 AM   #24

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by krivanj View Post
All that info is usually inside a cabinet door. Ours is inside the bathroom medicine cabinet door. Look around at the dealer and you will find it, take a picture with your cell phone.
When we were looking at this MH which is still high on our list DH took a picture of all the info. Will have him post that here later.
Getting ready to hit the road, But still getting answers. So thanks for the help! 2006 Winnebago Sightseer 29R Ford F53. Roadmaster Eagle 8000. 2001 Ford F150 7700 4x4. Still shopping for toad brakes. FMCA F286179
bobandshaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:29 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobandshaz View Post
When we were looking at this MH which is still high on our list DH took a picture of all the info. Will have him post that here later.
Oh wow, that would be so great! Thank you all for your help. I just love it so much - we have been looking off and on for over a year and there is just not another floorplan that I have felt, instantly, that I could live in for any long period of time. Love the drop down bed and how the layout of the living and kitchen feel like separate spaces rather than one long corridor.

Also, this is a weird question, but is the fridge stainless steel, or is it that "stainless steel look" so you can still put magnetic things on it??
Old 04-03-2014, 10:09 AM   #26

Oh, and we'd only be towing about a max of 6k (not the full 10), so I guess I'm just trying to figure out if it's even possible to stay 2k under the GVWR so that the GCWR stays within it's 30k max.
Old 04-03-2014, 10:39 AM   #27

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobandshaz View Post

Here is the sheet we saw in a 2014 Excursion 35b

Getting ready to hit the road, But still getting answers. So thanks for the help! 2006 Winnebago Sightseer 29R Ford F53. Roadmaster Eagle 8000. 2001 Ford F150 7700 4x4. Still shopping for toad brakes. FMCA F286179
bobandshaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 01:07 PM   #28

That is so helpful! Thank you very much.

Tags
fleetwood