Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-08-2013, 08:51 PM   #43

I bought a gallon of the zep wet look floor, now I have to try it out.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-07-2013, 11:26 PM   #44

Question zep floor wax

I purchased a Allegro 30 foot class a mh last august it was a 10 on the inside and a 3 on the outside. I got a very good deal due to the exterior. I read up on the zep so I followed the instructions and my coach is a 8 or 9 now and is been over a year in the Texas heat and it still looks great. My mh is 1996 and my friends cant beleive its not a garage queen. Be sure to apply very light coats by the 5 coat you will have a very big smile as I do . I have washed the coach 6 or 7 times with dawn and a soft brush. Have not had to do any touch up but I still have a half of a gallon left. My friend tryed it on his 30 year old bass boat and it looks great.

Bakerman

Old 10-20-2013, 01:29 PM   #45

I bought the Zep Wet Look Floor Polish for about $26 at Home Depot. I started with my roof. Wow! It looks great. Almost too great. May be a bit too shiny. So, I went back and got the Zep High Traffic Floor Finish, $17, for the sides. I have done one side. I am happy with it. It is probably less shiny, and does look like it should. But it is hard to tell. On a couple places on the roof where I tested putting ZHTFF over ZWLFP, I cannot really tell the difference. I will continue to use ZHTFF.

Like everybody says, the prep is the hard part. One item I learned is to give extra consideration to the area aft of the rear wheel. In the bright sun, I could not tell that road grime had tainted the surface. I cleaned the sides of my rig over the span of several days, and in different lighting conditions. I discovered the grime in the different light, and hit it again with Barkeeper's Friend. I cleaned some spots several times to get it clean.

RVMike1
Old 10-20-2013, 03:23 PM   #46
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Mike, that really looks great...but is it slippery??? Be careful up there!

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:02 AM   #47

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVMike1 View Post
I bought the Zep Wet Look Floor Polish for about $26 at Home Depot. I started with my roof. Wow! It looks great. Almost too great. May be a bit too shiny. So, I went back and got the Zep High Traffic Floor Finish, $17, for the sides. I have done one side. I am happy with it. It is probably less shiny, and does look like it should. But it is hard to tell. On a couple places on the roof where I tested putting ZHTFF over ZWLFP, I cannot really tell the difference. I will continue to use ZHTFF.

Like everybody says, the prep is the hard part. One item I learned is to give extra consideration to the area aft of the rear wheel. In the bright sun, I could not tell that road grime had tainted the surface. I cleaned the sides of my rig over the span of several days, and in different lighting conditions. I discovered the grime in the different light, and hit it again with Barkeeper's Friend. I cleaned some spots several times to get it clean.

RVMike1
Anyone ever use Rejuvenate by Johnson and Johnson. It has UV protection int. I've used it for several years with excellent results.
powellrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 06:33 PM   #48

Powellrv, you must mean Johnson Wax. I went to the Rejuvenate web site. It sounds pretty good. UV protection and sounds like it may have better traction under foot. The FAQ page says it lasts three to six months... on a floor. I would love to hear more about how it works out on fiberglass RV's.

RVMike1
Old 10-22-2013, 10:22 AM   #49

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVMike1 View Post
Powellrv, you must mean Johnson Wax. I went to the Rejuvenate web site. It sounds pretty good. UV protection and sounds like it may have better traction under foot. The FAQ page says it lasts three to six months... on a floor. I would love to hear more about how it works out on fiberglass RV's.

RVMike1
Yes, that's correct. I first used it in 2007 on my 1994 Bounder. I had not heard much about the other stuff out there, like ZEP. I had seen boating stuff and read up on it and found that Rejuvenate had all the same properties. Anyway, I used it and it work real nice and easy. It was 3 years before I had to freshen it up with another coat. What I like was it does not mention any buffing to restore luster and it had the UV. I also use it on my plastic fenders on the Toyota 4 runner; it's been two years and they still look nice. I now have a 2004 bounder and have for the first time used the product on it; and it looks like new. I very happy with the results.
I just wondered if anybody else had tried it.
Old 10-22-2013, 10:26 AM   #50

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I am using it on the sides of the RV for fiberglass protection.
Old 10-22-2013, 10:06 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by powellrv View Post
I am using it on the sides of the RV for
fiberglass protection.
Rejuvenate does say it's for fiberglass. I just spent two days doing a wax job. It's a three step process, wash, detail the water spots and streaks then wax. I'm looking at the Rejuvenate and thinking it would last three times longer than paste wax. After my two day project and realizing this is a twice a year production in AZ, something must work better than carnauba paste wax.

I tried collinite 845 paste wax but my goodness, it took three grown weight lifters to wipe the stuff off. I'm in great shape and did a good size test with collinite wax, never again. The buffer wouldn't even begin to remove it. I tried micro fiber cloths but they were not aggressive enough to take it off, so I found the roughest old towel I could find, it did work but it was a workout and a half. No more collinite on the coach, no way! The collinite is a good gag gift for someone you don't like.
Old 10-22-2013, 11:35 PM   #52

Winnebago Owners Club
Has anyone used Zep on the cargo doors on a Winnebago Adventurer (35u) they are not fiberglass but a plastic which I believe has been painted. I scratched a couple up on a very low sign and had to have repaired. He filled the gouge and painted both doors including a clear coat. They look great but tend to make the others look older
Any suggestions or experiences?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Steve
sswilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:05 AM   #53

Monaco Owners Club
I used Zep on plastic, fiberglass, bare metal, painted metal, my cargo trailer and my old Chevy truck..... all with perfect results. I compare it to acrylic clearcoating via wiping on rather than spraying. Again as always, the prep work is the key.
clyon51 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:40 AM   #54

Winnebago Owners Club
Thanks
sswilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 12:19 PM   #55

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by usinvestment View Post
Rejuvenate does say it's for fiberglass. I just spent two days doing a wax job. It's a three step process, wash, detail the water spots and streaks then wax. I'm looking at the Rejuvenate and thinking it would last three times longer than paste wax. After my two day project and realizing this is a twice a year production in AZ, something must work better than carnauba paste wax.

I tried collinite 845 paste wax but my goodness, it took three grown weight lifters to wipe the stuff off. I'm in great shape and did a good size test with collinite wax, never again. The buffer wouldn't even begin to remove it. I tried micro fiber cloths but they were not aggressive enough to take it off, so I found the roughest old towel I could find, it did work but it was a workout and a half. No more collinite on the coach, no way! The collinite is a good gag gift for someone you don't like.
If you don't like the Rejuvenate; it comes off with a good strong Amonia wash. I've used it on the lower panels of my 1994 Bounder; my 2004 Bounder still has a good finish of clear coat and does not need it.
Old 10-23-2013, 01:27 PM   #56

Workhorse Chassis Owner
pics of 94 Bounder

The first picture is 2007 when I first put the Rejuvenate on the sides. The 2nd photo is 2011.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	San_Antonio_and_home_160-2.jpg
Views:	652
Size:	282.4 KB
ID:	48407   Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-10-29 13.56.36-2.jpg
Views:	417
Size:	294.5 KB
ID:	48408