Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-03-2011, 01:54 AM   #1

19.5 tires to new coach 22.5 tires how much drop do I need

We have ordered a new ?Winnie and our old one had the 19.5 tires on it and the new one will come with 22.5 tires. We dropped off our old coach and they has a Winnie that had the 22.5 tires on it I measured from the bottom of the reciver to ground and got 24 inch . My old coach was 17 inch to ground. I have the full Roadmaster package and even break pulling a 2006 Trailblazer at 4,700 pounds with a half a tank of gas .With that said the dealer has the Roadmaster drops in the 4 to 6 inch drop . Which one would you get. The used coach was a workhorse and my new coach will be a 2011 FordWould there be any difference in hight. Thanks we have 7 more weeks to wait till Winnie finishes the coach so we have some down time to get this right.
ct78barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-03-2011, 04:46 AM   #2

If you old coach and towing setup had you at let's say level, then 24 minus 17 = 7 inches. Looks to me like the 6 inch drop would put you at 18 inches which is only 1 inch higher than being level and within the no more than 3inches height differential.
It really depends on what differential you had with your original setup.
randco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 04:56 AM   #3

I wouldn't use another coach's ride height to figure it even if the two were identical. I'd wait until you take delivery of your coach. Get all your items loaded then measure the rear ride height.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:08 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have a 35' Itasca, workhorse chassis with 22.5" wheels. I tow an Chevrolet HHR which has a very low front profile. I use a Blue Ox 6" drop and I still have a 2" rise in the tow bar. I agree with previous comments. Wait until you have your new unit, hook up your toad on a level area and take it from there. Considering the height of your tow vehicle, I think you will not require much drop if any!

Enjoy your new rig,

Knightly
35' Itasca, W24 chassis, Toad: HHR, Blue Ox Tow Bar
Knightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 09:07 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
I had a 2005 F350 with 18" wheels. Traded for a 2008 F450 with 19.5" wheels. The new truck actually stood an inch or so shorter. I would wait for the new one and then consider the options.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:28 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
You really need to wait till you get the coach and do a measurement.

The drop depends on the wheel diameter, tire size, chassis, how the frame extension is attached, and how the hitch is installed.
alvinc is offline   Reply With Quote