Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:55 PM   #1
National RV Owners Club
Question 2001 Honda CRV

Have a 2001 crv and I am trying to get it ready to tow, was wonder if anyone has tried the wiring kit with bulbs to avoid the diode and magnetic lights. Tried to see if there was enough room in the lense but not realy sure, so thought I would aske to see if anyone has tried this and how easy it was to install.

Bcninaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-26-2009, 04:54 AM   #2
Winnebago Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to BubbaJePH Send a message via Yahoo to BubbaJePH
I have a 2005 Honda CRV. The tail lights have an open area at the bottom of the lens. No bulb there. There is a space for one if you drill it out to fit. I ran wiring from the front of the CRV where it would connect to my coach through the engine compartment then under the chassis through the frame rails. Ran the wire up inside the back. I uses 2357 bulbs since they are brighter than the 1157 stock bulbs. I did not want to do the diode thing either. It works great and looks stock.

BubbaJePH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 02:08 PM   #3
National RV Owners Club
Thanks for the information was very helpful so I will go with this system and thanks for the better bulb advice.
Bcninaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 02:27 PM   #4
I have a 2003 CRV that I installed tow brackets and separate bulb in taillight. Its been a great toad from day one. Good luck.
06 TS-42-DS04
1040 watts of solar
2014 Jeep Rubicon
becks is offline   Reply With Quote