Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:06 AM   #1
Monaco Owners Club
2005 Honda CR-V SE Towable ??

Looking at a 2005 Honda CR-V SE, auto, 4WD as a toad. FRom the REMCO website they say:

Officially from both Honda and REMCO the vehicle is not towable. However, we at Remco have a large number of customers who are flat-towing that vehicle behind their Motor Home and they are not having any issues. Follow the "Emergency Towing" procedures in the owner's manual to a "T" except ignore the restrictions and follow those procedures each and every time you tow. NOTE: If you choose tow your Honda, and have any damage to the Transmission as a result, you will have to pay for that expense out of pocket. It is nothing that Honda or Remco will warranty. Also, it should be noted that Remco sells no aftermarket product (Lube Pump or otherwise) to make this car towable.

Any known problems towing a CR-V? Thanks.

Richard and Mary Lou
2007 HR Scepter, 42PLQ
Supply Corps, USN Retired
dmason is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-23-2013, 11:01 AM   #2
Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
2005 MH mag says 2005 Honda CRV EX and LX are towable FWD and AWD. Basically it is your call. You probably don't have a warranty on a 2005. So if it breaks it is at your expense. safe travels.. ed

EDALLSAILS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:15 AM   #3
RVM #74

Tiffin Owners Club
There is another thread going on about towing CR-V's. Here's what I posted:

To my knowledge as well, all CR-V's with standard or regular automatic transmissions are towable. There is a startup procedure that you have to follow to lubricate the trans before you head out, and after 300 miles or 8 hours of towing, but that's it.

Check out this link: http://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/p...000O00176A.pdf
Larry & Cheryl Oscar, Louie, Ranger & Henry (our Springers)
2010 Allegro RED 38QBA "Harvey"
2009 Honda Element "Towster"
PushedAround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:24 AM   #4
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
An owners manual should be your guide in all cases IMHO.

Personally I have never heard of the SE designation but there is a lot I have never heard of and I don't pay attention to CR-V's other than my own. My 04 EX All wheel drive auto trans is very tow able as I have for 35K miles over nine years following the guidelines in the manual which gives me the procedure. No problems what so ever.

However, in my files I have a letter from Honda saying not to tow it over 35 mph for more than 50 miles; an owners manual telling me how to tow it and nine years experience towing following the manual.

Me? If the manual said no I would not contradict the manual and tow. Mine says tow, and tells me how.
I do all my own stunts
03 Dolphin LX 6355, Workhorse W22, 8.1 vortec, 04 CR-V, Blue Ox, Brake Pro----Norm, Barb and
Doc(He's a PhD)
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote