Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-31-2009, 07:26 PM   #1

2005 Honda Pilot dead

hi here i am new to this site i have a problem i have class c motor home i tow a honda pilot behind it and have a even brake system for brakeing
and when i get to end of trip battery deAd on honda pilot DLK

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-31-2009, 07:47 PM   #2

We also tow an 05 Pilot and use a Brake Buddy plugged into one of those aux battery boxes from Walmart so we aren't using the Pilots battery to operate the brake. Also make sure the radio, DVD and AC are turned off.

Old 08-01-2009, 12:08 AM   #3

hi thanks for your input i do it into aux plug in and turn everything off except key is left on so steering wheel dont lock but car still dead at end of trip after towed DLK
Old 08-01-2009, 09:15 AM   #4

Well, we also replaced the battery finally because after it going dead so many times figured it was shot. When the battery was tested it was indeed shot. Also when we are on the road each night when we stop we do pull the key. Since replacing the battery and pulling the key we have not gone dead, thank goodness. It is a giant pain in the toe to re-program everything isn't it.
Old 08-07-2009, 07:38 PM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I had the same trouble with my BB used in my Honda CRV. I have the BB Classic. I determined that the voltage is just not quite enough for the compressor to fill the air tank easily. I figured that the compressor was running continuly going down the road trying to fill the tank and then ran the battery down. As the battery runs down, the compressor cannot possibly fill the air tank but it will run the battery down trying. I ran a new battery socket directly the battery with a fuse in the power wire. This seems to help. This is my opinion since since I have never really seen it happen.

08 Dolphin on WorkHorse W24
LeeSoCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 08:41 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
I would recommend you install a "Toad Charge". It charges the toad battery from the coach as you go down the road. Works very well! And you will not have any more problems. You do not even have to disconnect it should you stop overnight and not want to disconnect. It is smart enough to stop drawing power from the coach.

This is the best thing I found and the peace of mind it offers is great...

Check it out... number of places sell it, RVupgrades or from the manufacturer themself.
Zbugsii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 11:44 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I too had problems with a dead battery on my Honda. Nothing like getting ready to setup camp and your toad does not start. I started using the Toad Charge and I no longer have any problems. I purchased the Toad Charge product from Rvupgrades. Look here: TOAD-CHARGE™ - Toad-Charge

I see the price has sky rocketed from what I paid, but regardless its worth it not having to deal with a dead battery on your toad.
Stevegd007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 05:29 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to mrschwarz
Why can't you directly connect the toad battery to the coach battery? Won't they both charge properly?
Old 08-13-2009, 09:51 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
mrschwarz.....well you could, but here is the thing: under the link I posted is an explanation of how the toad charge will "charge" the toads battery SAFELY. It has been engineered to provide the best for BOTH the toad and the motorhome. Look you have invested lots of time and money into both your motorhome and toad so why not get the best product to best serve you. Oh an not I am not invested in the toad charge product or own in stock in the company!

Stevegd007 is offline   Reply With Quote