Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-30-2006, 03:39 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Just bought our first one, what a great machine.
The On Star is made for the DW, she loves it, and
the FM radio, gotta get one for my ride.

They don't give them away, but saved $1500 off the sticker.

Has anybody upgraded their Vue with graphics and what did you do?

Hanging in sunny SW Fl.

Phelpo
Phelpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-30-2006, 03:39 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Just bought our first one, what a great machine.
The On Star is made for the DW, she loves it, and
the FM radio, gotta get one for my ride.

They don't give them away, but saved $1500 off the sticker.

Has anybody upgraded their Vue with graphics and what did you do?

Hanging in sunny SW Fl.

Phelpo
Old 12-31-2006, 01:12 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
We too love our 06 Vue. What drive train did you select? We have not done any graphics on it. Ours is white with thin black pinstripe and chrome package. I installed a Blue Ox base plate and added bulbs and sokets to the rear lenses. It tows great. Good luck with yours and take care.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 01:38 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Mike, living in Fl I didn't see the need for the AWD, so we got the FWD,

So I see where you like the 3 and the 8, were you down at Homestead?

Phelpo
Old 01-01-2007, 12:55 AM   #5

Whenever we tow the 06 VUE before daylight, the parking lights come on. When daylight arrives they go out. There seems to be no way to turn them off at the switch.

Anyone else having this problem, or do I perhaps have a problem with toad wiring?
Freddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 06:18 AM   #6
paz

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Freddy:
Whenever we tow the 06 VUE before daylight, the parking lights come on. When daylight arrives they go out. There seems to be no way to turn them off at the switch.

Anyone else having this problem, or do I perhaps have a problem with toad wiring? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Freddy - Are you sure you are leaving the key in the ACC position? We have a 2006 Vue and the automatic lights do not come on when the key is in ACC. Also, are you pulling the fuse marked IGN under the hood? I checked our Vue and even if I leave the key in the ON position and the lights do come on automatically, they go off when I pull tht IGN fuse.
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 11:50 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Phelpo, Hoemstead is one of the few tracks I have not been to,,, yet!
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 01:26 PM   #8

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by paz:

Freddy - Are you sure you are leaving the key in the ACC position? We have a 2006 Vue and the automatic lights do not come on when the key is in ACC. Also, are you pulling the fuse marked IGN under the hood? I checked our Vue and even if I leave the key in the ON position and the lights do come on automatically, they go off when I pull tht IGN fuse. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, Saturn installed a kill switch on the power control module that keeps me from pulling a fuse. Seems to me that if it was the fuse then the headlights would also come on. It's not always easy to get the key into the acc position. I leave the radio on to make sure it is in acc, then flip the kill switch. That turns off everything but the door bell.

Guess I need to contact my Saturn dealer.
Freddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 02:28 PM   #9
paz

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Freddy:

Well, Saturn installed a kill switch on the power control module that keeps me from pulling a fuse. Seems to me that if it was the fuse then the headlights would also come on. It's not always easy to get the key into the acc position. I leave the radio on to make sure it is in acc, then flip the kill switch. That turns off everything but the door bell.

Guess I need to contact my Saturn dealer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would check with the dealer to see what's going on. As I said, when the key is in ACC, the automatic headlights shouldn't even come on.

The Saturn owners manual advises pulling the IGN fuse to keep the battery from running down while towing. It also keeps the odometer from registering mileage.

I installed a kill switch as well, but it runs directly across the terminals where the original IGN fuse was. Turning off the switch is the same as pulling the fuse. I installed an in-line 30A fuse on the hot side of the kill switch to maintain protection. When I turn off the kill switch the automatic headlights (if they are on because the key is in the ON position) will go off. The door chime rings no matter what, but goes off when I close the door.

The other possibility if the dealer can't solve the problem is to track down the fuse for the headlights and pull that if you have to tow in the dark.
Old 01-02-2007, 09:20 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Originally posted by Freddy:

My first thought is General Motors' automatic headlamps. You should be able to turn the headlamp switch off of the automatic mode when you are towing....or anytime else. Check your Owner's Manual for exact positions - but I am 99% sure that will fix your problem
Good Luck!

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 03:28 AM   #11
paz

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MonacoMama:
My first thought is General Motors' automatic headlamps. You should be able to turn the headlamp switch off of the automatic mode when you are towing....or anytime else. Check your Owner's Manual for exact positions - but I am 99% sure that will fix your problem
Good Luck! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Saturn, in their infinite wisdom, decided not to provide an override for the automatic headlights (at least not in 2006). MonacoMama, I see you are towing a 2006 Silverado. I towed a 2002 Silverado, which did have an override for the automatic headlights (pushing the dome switch 4 times). However, I never had to use it because, like the Saturn, the headlights of my Silverado did not come on when the ignition switch was in the ACC position. I think Freddy has something else going on.