Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-25-2009, 03:15 AM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have been trying to decide on a supplemental braking system for the Liberty. I am at a stalemate on the readybrake,,,,,,,installation, and hoping someone has installed it on their 2008 Liberty, and would share their installation experience.

Here is the question I sent to Ready Brake:

I have a 2008 Jeep Liberty 4x4 Sport, and after reviewing the installation
instructions for the ready brake, it appears as though it may not be possible to
install the front aircraft wire loop to the front of the Liberty due to the new
Liberty design.Can you make any suggestions for installing the ready brake loop
connection on the Liberty?I have a Blue Ox base plate installed.Thank you in
advance for any suggestions. I like the readybrake concept, but am concerned
that I am unable to install/or have it installed due to the Liberty design.

Here is their response:

This has been put on alot of Jeep Liberty's and worked very well. My guy that puts these on for me here has done alot of them those are one of the easier installs. I know it will be just fine. I do not have any suggestions of where to route the cable we do not keep track to many different vehicle's.

Night Shift Auto
129 N. Kentucky
Iola, KS 66749
Ph: 800-933-3372
Fax: 620-365-7488

I was hoping for a little more detail in their response.

Does anyone have any suggestions, and/or experience with the installation of the readybrake on the new Liberty design.
SideRoads is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-26-2009, 03:42 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club

You beat me to it. I was just getting ready to ask the same question for a 2009 Liberty. I think they are the same body style. Only difference I see is I have the Demco Aluminator Tow Bar.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:05 AM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I don't believe the tow bar would matter.

I don't see an acceptable solution, for me, for the installation of the readybrake.

I'm moving on and going to look at the US Gear, and research their installation.....I just do not want to tie anything into my jeep brakes or wiring. That's what appealed to me about the readybrake.

oh well
Old 02-27-2009, 11:10 AM   #4

I have the ready brake on my 1991 YJ and wouldn't have anything else. Nothing to store. Hook up a few snap cables and you are off. I take it down a 16 - 18% grade all the time with never a problem. It was pretty simple to install and is kind of fool proof.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:44 PM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
That's what I like about the RB,,,,but no install on the new designed liberty.
Old 03-05-2009, 02:37 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club

I love the answers you get from the manufacturers. But we may still find someone who has one mounted on a 2008 or 2009 Liberty. I would really like to see a picture of one with the cable and what the Tow Bar Bracket looks like mounted.