Here are some pictures of my baseplate install. I am so glad I did this myself. I was able to take the time and do a clean install. After drilling the holes I primed and painted the bare metal, then after the final install I did the same to all the hardware.
For wiring I used a 6 pin connector for stop, turn and tail from the motorhome as well as a 12 volt charging line for the toad. I also used a converter to split my combined turn and stop on the motorhome to separate turn and stop on the toad. Installation of breakaway switch and it's associated wiring to the brake buddy.
Picture link here.