Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 12-11-2011, 10:14 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Smile 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Just Curious. How many folks are using one as a Toad?

2012 Itasca Meridian 42E, Roadmaster Tow System, Unified Brakes on Toad
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland. US Army Armor. Ret
Finhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-13-2011, 07:30 PM   #2
Texas Boomers Club
We use a 2004 Grand Cherokee

kben39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:13 PM   #3
Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I tow a jeep wrangler, however wife has a 2011 Cherokee that will be our toad when we FT. I need to start getting it ready to tow. I am guessing it will tow fine.
2013 Itasca Ellipse 42 QD
2014 Jeep Wrangler
Full time in 2013
smack2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:40 PM   #4
I just bought a 2011 Grand Cherokee, to pull. I have been using a trailer to haul a car on. Before that I used a dollie, but wasn't to proud of that, the trailer was a joy, because no matte where you got yourself into, you can always back up. With that said, I have an '03 Silverrado, that I use a tow bar on, but nearly learned a valuable lesson with that, I wasn't using any kind of brake, and boy, does that pick-up ever extend the braking distance.
I am hoping the Cherokee works as good as the Silverado, with a brake installed of course! LOL!!
'05 Monaco Beaver 400 Quad SLD 400hp C-9 Caterpillar
2014 Grand Cherokee, Limited, diesel
Katie-Doberman Pinscher, Tigger, yellow Tabbycat.
GreaTOne65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:44 PM   #5
Tiffin Owners Club
Have towed my 2008 Grand Cherokee Overland since it was new and love it. Most of the time I don't even know it's behind me.

2015 Tiffin Bus 37AP
2016 Ford Explorer
"A Job Begun is Half Done"
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 07:04 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Just bought a 2011 Grand Cherokee to tow behind out Tour. We used to tow a Wrangler but wanted someting a little more comfortable. We have a Blue Ox tow system with the Brake Buddy. I haven't installed the tow kit yet, we just got it in the mail last week. I plan on putting it in next week. I oredered the spare bulb kit for the rear as this is how I did it on the Wrangler. I was noticing that the rear lenses on the Grand Cherokee are clear and you can see the bulb, so now I am hesitant to drill into it and install the bulbs. Just wondering if I might be better off installing a diode kit and using the existing bulbs? Any thoughts either way?
2010 Winnebago Tour 42AD
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Happy Trails, Tom
Tpflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 01:36 PM   #7
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Originally Posted by smack2020 View Post
I tow a jeep wrangler, however wife has a 2011 Cherokee that will be our toad when we FT. I need to start getting it ready to tow. I am guessing it will tow fine.
I should ask when are you planing on going FT.. I need a new towed you see and if that Wrangler is still good, and the price is not too bad, and it will take you long enough to get there.. I might be interested.

However... Not just yet less you can make me one "heck" of a deal (And I doubt you can make one that good)
Home is where I park it!
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 07:22 PM   #8
Ford Super Duty Owner
I installed the diodes on my Wrangler and the work great. Actually less trouble to install than the extra bulbs and I have done both.

2011 Winnebago Adventurer 35P
Towing a 2014 Jeep Rubicon 4 Door with a Can Am Maverick XRS 1000 SXS behind the Jeep.
Old Dude 66 is offline   Reply With Quote