Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-06-2013, 11:14 AM   #15

With my old 2008 Highlander I average about 14.5l/100 kms.
With the CRV 2013 mid range model 4wd about 8.5l/100kms.
What I miss the most, an electronic keyless start and also an automatic way to open the back door.
Do not understan why it does not have.
Model 2013 is identical to 2012. No modifications at all.....

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-06-2013, 11:23 AM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
What an interesting difference for my experience. I was very disappointed with the mileage of my 2004 Highlander not getting more than 20 MPG. In contrast my 2WD 2013 CR-V running in Economy mode gets over 30 MPG on highways and over 28 overall. I drive 70-75 on Interstates and get better mileage when slower, obviously.

Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:23 AM   #17

We have a wrangler which is a great toad. Also have a 13 Ecoboost powered escape 4X4 and the wife likes it better then the jeep as it is easier to get in and out of and it rides much better. It has about every option you can get on a small SUV. Power heated seats, backup camera and nav and the 2.0 Ecoboost is a powerhouse. I don't know if the new escapes are 4 down towable, as we tow everything on a trailer. Used to have a Smart car but, it was shall we say, a little small! Traded it on the Escape and never looked back.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:30 AM   #18

And the Escape even parks itself, although I have never tries it. And it has front and rear collision alarms and blind spot warning for changing lanes on a highway. Also cross traffic alert for backing out of a parking space. You can't go wrong with Ford.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:58 AM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Lead feet?

We have an Element and a CRV, both have adequate power for our needs. Above 4,000 RPM where the iVTEC system switches to the secondary cam profile and fuel map it becomes a completely different engine, but most people are conditioned to keep the RPMs low. To me it feels a little like a 2-stroke coming 'on the pipe'. It's a Honda. It likes to be revved.

Racer? No.
Reliable? Yes.
Comfortable? Yup.
More bang for the buck? I think so.

It is disappointing that more transmissions are not flat towable. If the Jetta TDI Sportwagon were towable I'd seriously think about trading in the Element. (40+ MPG and TORQUE!) The DW loves her CRV and would never let it go.
Old 04-06-2013, 04:11 PM   #20

Just made that decision. Decided on CRV EX-L AWD. Equally equipped Equinox was more dollars. Escape not towable four down.
Old 05-09-2013, 07:27 AM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
We love our Terrain AWD 4 cylinder especially the mileage we used to tow a Jeep Liberty and it loved the fuel
Old 05-09-2013, 07:50 AM   #22

Yep, we have a 2013 Explorer and love it with all those bells and whistles, including ADAPTIVE cruise control, knee air bags, land assist for keeping you in the lane on a highway, curve speed control to automatically slow you down if going too fast around a curve and don't realize it, auto parking, etc... Loaded to keep you safe!

With ADAPTIVE cruise control and lane assist, I can basically drive without touching the wheel, brake and throttle, LOL

What a fantastic SUV, quiet and loaded with safety features. Ford really makes some fantastic vehicles. 246K miles on my old 99 Ford Windstar when we sold it, with only an alternator replacement, aside from brakes, tires, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSCRUDE View Post
And the Escape even parks itself, although I have never tries it. And it has front and rear collision alarms and blind spot warning for changing lanes on a highway. Also cross traffic alert for backing out of a parking space. You can't go wrong with Ford.
Us3Here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:55 AM   #23

A number of the new Fords are flat towable, even the hybrids. Pity the Escape isn't one of them!
Algoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:03 AM   #24
JCM

Triple E Owners Club
Have had a 2012 CRV for the last year and towed it over 5,000 miles - love it. Not poorly made like American cars even though it was assembled in North America.
I was very apprehensive since I bought the first Honda ever released (Yes ist car) in North America in 1965 - a Honda S600 sports car. I was discontinued about 1 1/2 year later. You can Google Honda S600 and see more information on it. It would get a speeding ticket parked.
They were only released in Canada but when I drove it to LA (blew the motor in the Mohave) I had police officers pulling me over all the time just to find out what kind of a car it was.
Sadly the car was made of no anodized Aluminum and corroded extensively. The motor was a 4 cylinder - 606cc that revved to 9500 RPM and had chain drive.
I received a letter from Honda saying "So sorry something went bad with your motor".
What a difference today. I would compare it to my Toyotas that I have owned for years.
I have set it up with Blue OX tow equipment and a US Gear Braking system - fantastic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Honda S600 1.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	885.3 KB
ID:	38506   Click image for larger version

Name:	Honda S600 2.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	968.1 KB
ID:	38507  

Old 05-09-2013, 05:04 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSCRUDE View Post
We have a wrangler which is a great toad. Also have a 13 Ecoboost powered escape 4X4 and the wife likes it better then the jeep as it is easier to get in and out of and it rides much better. It has about every option you can get on a small SUV. Power heated seats, backup camera and nav and the 2.0 Ecoboost is a powerhouse. I don't know if the new escapes are 4 down towable, as we tow everything on a trailer. Used to have a Smart car but, it was shall we say, a little small! Traded it on the Escape and never looked back.

No they are not flat towable. The trailer will be your option if it is AWD.
Old 05-09-2013, 05:55 PM   #26

See #23.
Old 05-18-2013, 09:00 PM   #27

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Spartan Chassis
I was looking at a 2011 Escape earlier today and read in the owner's manual that a four wheel drive with an automatic transaxle was towable 4-down. I will go back Monday and look again. I don't know what to think now :(
Old 05-18-2013, 09:07 PM   #28

The 2011 Ford Escape is towable. The new 2103 is not. See the FMCA Towables guide for more info.