Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-14-2015, 07:12 AM   #15

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Joe:

Another way around the problem is to install a charging line on your electrical umbilical between the MH and the CR-V. We're using a Toad Charge kit and it has worked fine for us. With this approach there are no fuses to pull and it doesn't matter nearly as much if you do something like forget to turn the audio off when you're preparing for towing.

Joel

docj is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-14-2015, 07:31 AM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
Dennis, after today I'm beginning to think you're right! I have spent most of the day trying to find a switch that will snap into the dash opening, and that switch #19 is a real booger to get to!

What does a new hold-down bracket and battery cost?
I couldn't get it out. Went to Auto Zone. Told the kid at the counter. He looked at me like was crazy. Came out with a fuse puller (like the one I have). Messed with it 10 minutes. Went back in and came out with a bigger fuse puller (like the other one I have). Same story. Couldn't get it. Went in and came out with needle nose pliers (like mine). Again - just like me - he gave up. It's like it super glued in.

I still haven't done anything about it. I was told I have a charge line but if I do it's not working. Haven't put the meter on it to see but I'm thinking the bigger battery is the way to go.
I bought this...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1434285048461.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	97217  

flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 11:40 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
I couldn't get it out. Went to Auto Zone. Told the kid at the counter. He looked at me like was crazy. Came out with a fuse puller (like the one I have). Messed with it 10 minutes. Went back in and came out with a bigger fuse puller (like the other one I have). Same story. Couldn't get it. Went in and came out with needle nose pliers (like mine). Again - just like me - he gave up. It's like it super glued in.

I still haven't done anything about it. I was told I have a charge line but if I do it's not working. Haven't put the meter on it to see but I'm thinking the bigger battery is the way to go.
I bought this...

NAPA, 800 CCA group 24 battery about $75. There are other choices but I did look at this one until I found a 900 at our Canadian Tire Store.
Honda, new plastic battery box (both parts) about $20

Peace of mind, Priceless.
Old 06-14-2015, 01:56 PM   #18
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post

I bought this...

Steve, I have the same problem! I bought a fuse puller from Auto Zone that they assured me would work on any flat fuse. WRONG!

There are some little plastic ridges at the top and bottom of the fuses and the puller won't go in between them to grab the fuse!

Has anyone found a puller that will work on the Honda 2013 CRV fuses?

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 01:59 PM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Steve, I have the same problem! I bought a fuse puller from Auto Zone that they assured me would work on any flat fuse. WRONG!

There are some little plastic ridges at the top and bottom of the fuses and the puller won't go in between them to grab the fuse!

Lol. Or 2014 CR-V
Old 06-14-2015, 03:26 PM   #20

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:

This makes me thrilled about having to replace a fuse if I really needed to!
Old 06-14-2015, 04:50 PM   #21
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by docj View Post
This makes me thrilled about having to replace a fuse if I really needed to!

You better help us find a puller that will work or you'll soon be crying the blues along with us!

Old 06-14-2015, 05:38 PM   #22

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
You better help us find a puller that will work or you'll soon be crying the blues along with us!
Has anyone asked a Honda dealer?
Old 06-14-2015, 05:58 PM   #23
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by docj View Post
Has anyone asked a Honda dealer?

I called our local dealer yesterday but their service and parts departments are closed on weekends. I'll try again tomorrow!

Old 06-14-2015, 06:43 PM   #24

I tried pulling the fuse (per Honda) and just used a pair of needle nose pliers. No trouble getting it out and back in other than having to be a contortionist. They could not have placed this fuse panel in a more awkward place.
After going through all that, (I made my own dummy fuse to a switch) I found the aux socket was not powered to operate my Patriot. Back to square one.
So, as stated above, I replaced the battery with a REAL BATTERY and a Charge Line. Now I do not mess with fuses, no dead battery. Just hook up and go like it should be.
Why are you people so hung up on messing with this fuse thing? There is a very simple solution and it's not expensive.
Old 06-15-2015, 08:51 AM   #25
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
PROBLEM SOLVED! I called the local Honda dealer this morning and they told me the fuse holder is in the fuse box under the hood! I looked, and sure enough, it's attached to the lid of the box! And the best thing yet is that it works!

Old 06-15-2015, 11:24 AM   #26

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
PROBLEM SOLVED! I called the local Honda dealer this morning and they told me the fuse holder is in the fuse box under the hood! I looked, and sure enough, it's attached to the lid of the box! And the best thing yet is that it works!
Thanks for finding that out. It may come in handy some day.

What I find rather amusing is that the picture of the fuse box and lid on page 337 of the 2014 CR-V owner's manual shows a blow-up of something attached to the lid of the box but doesn't identify what it is. There's no way that anyone reading the manual would know that it is a fuse puller!
Old 06-15-2015, 11:46 AM   #27

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
When we get ours out of the body shop I'll take a look. They say it will have the hail dents out and ready to roll on the 29th.
Old 06-16-2015, 03:59 PM   #28

Joe, were you ever able to install the NAPA switch? Here's a picture to show it can be done!

https://photos.google.com/search/_tr...fhPYk_yRCIXKI3

RetiredBob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuse