Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:42 AM   #1
Tiffin Owners Club
2013 Hyundia Elantra GT Manual as Toad

I've been out looking for a new toad and scoured the pack of towables by testdriving and the Elantra GT manual sticks out as one of my leaders.

I see that a kin to the Elantra is a Veloster manual - which is a cool LITTLE car but operative word being little but shows as a headliner in the 2012 Dinghy Roundup as approved by Hyundai and a couple other Elantra's are approved but the GT isn't spelled out in the 2012 dinghy list as its new for 2013.

Has anyone else done any research with Hyundai on this new model for 2013?

I heard some horror stories about some other makes trannies burning up recently. The Focus and Escape auto which was approved 4 downs was recently disapproved by Ford as an amendment recently .
I was all set to buy a 2013 Ford Escape as a toad as it was approved 4 down and then just end of last year it came up as not approved anymore!!!!

thanks for your help in advance

2013 Tiffin Zephyr LZ-ver C towing 2016 Caddy Escalade
RudyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-17-2013, 09:19 PM   #2
response to elantra manual

I have a 2011 Elantra Touring 5 speed that is fully equipped as a Toad.f I had to sell my Class A Winnebago, due to health concerns, and now have my TOAD for sale.

My Elantra is completely rigged for being towed behind a motor home. This is a 5 speed, 4 door hatchback vehicle with a roof rack. Completely equipped with: Blue-Ox baseplate, Blue-Ox Alpha Tow-Bar, EVEN BRAKE automatic brake system. Many extras for the RVer including: Rand McNally 7" RVGPS with lifetime updates, Portable Surge Supressor, All cables for electrical system (brakes and lights), Towing Cables, A step down trailer hitch to allow for level towing, Wheel chocks for Motor Home, electronic tire gauge for dual tires, Tire covers to protect the tires on the motor home from sunlight, Sewer drainage hoses, Sewer angled support for hoses, two folding bicycles ( each used less than 10 miles), satellite radio tuner and antenna and other assorted equipment. The Elantra touring has new Michelin tires (did not like the way the OEM Korean tires handled), 17,xxx miles. Must see to understand the value. All the towing and motor home extras (not counting installation) are over $4000. Call 314 307-0753 for information. I am asking $19,000 for the complete comprehensive package of everything.

shoppeman1 is offline   Reply With Quote

manual, toad