Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-27-2014, 11:00 AM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
RREAM- can you advise what your V6 gasser is getting? I have talked to several folks on the road, and they are reporting 18 to 20.
Thanks, Jim
We have the Cherokee TrailHawk with the 6cyl gas -- are getting 20 to 22mpg. Mostly highway driving. \ken

Bumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-27-2014, 11:14 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by relgel View Post
Glenn- congrats on the order. what is your expected date of delivery? In time for Moab? i see from your sign-0n that you are an off roader. do you plan on replacing the TJ with the overland for offroading?
Jim
06 Dip/00 Cherokee
Thanks relgel... we are super excited.

The dealer said the stock answer from the factory is 8-10 weeks but it will probably be sooner. We flew home for Christmas and heading back to AZ on Monday until late Feb, so hopefully it arrives right around the time we get home.

Mary has some medical issues that will likely prevent us from spending the whole day on the trail in the future. So regrettably we will be parting with the TJ, hence the reason we went with the Overland so we could get the OR Adv II package with 18", not 20" wheels. It won't do the difficult trails, but quite honestly, we've done tons of great challenging trails and the GC will still allow us to have fun in the back country. We won't be doing Easter Jeep Safari this year but a Moab trip is normally on our annual schedule for at least one visit.

Old 01-17-2015, 08:46 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
update to my post. This week I bought a 2015 Jeep GC loaded Limited with the diesel. on first outing (700) miles averaged 28.5. What an outstanding car! hard to believe it is a 4X4 as it is a great road car. Now gathering up the parts for blue ox towing and getting ready for Moab late March.
Thanks for your help,
Jim aka Relgel
06 Dip/ now 2015 JGC
Old 01-17-2015, 11:23 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Congrats Jim... I bet you're loving it. How is it optioned out? Did you go with the 18" wheels? Quadralift or springs? I'm super curious to hear how it does in Moab and what trails you get it out on. You doing Easter Jeep Safari?

Keep the thread going with some updates on your trail adventures and some MPG stats to keep with the thread theme. Enjoy!
Old 01-18-2015, 10:20 AM   #19

I have found that the temperature can have a major effect on the mileage.

In winter we'll average 21.5 in town, summer 25.

On the highway in winter around 25 , in summer closer to 30.

We just can back from a 1000 mile trip, Nappanne IN to Rapid City SD. The first half temp were in the low teens and no wind, we were getting 25 mpg running 80. Last half we caught a cold front, 20-30 mph winds single digit temps. We only got 21 mpg running 80.

It can be hyper-mile(d), just for fun going from WI to IL we decided to see what we could get. Easily over 32, we ran out of trip before it stopped climbing. It's to only vehicle we've ever owned that the distance to empty can climb for the first 80 miles of a 120 trip.

I'll load 500 lbs of tools in the back and it rides just the same as empty. Love the air suspension. We've even done some mild offroading, the engine torque is awesome.

No regrets on the purchase.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
PDR John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 09:50 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Glen- we bought the Limited with all options available, including the off road package II that has the full skid package, quadra lift and quadra- track II. we wanted the tan color with light leather and near impossible to find in the US with the diesel. i was willing to fly anywhere but found it sort of locally in Huntington Beach. Like you, my aggressive jeeping days are over and my loved 00 Cherokee will be replaced by the JGC. Moab Easter jeep week trails we take will be milder, but looking forward to seeking how the air suspension does.
Jim
06 Dip
Old 01-19-2015, 07:44 PM   #21

2014 GC Summit diesel with 13,000 miles on it. 24-24 city and 28-32 highway. Wisconsin to Arizona averaged 30 mpg. Love it.
enjoyrv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 12:06 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoyrv View Post
2014 GC Summit diesel with 13,000 miles on it. 24-24 city and 28-32 highway. Wisconsin to Arizona averaged 30 mpg. Love it.
Are you able to flat tow your Summit? I thought with that bar on the front, it gets in the way, and you can't install a baseplate.
Thanks,
Old 01-24-2015, 09:21 AM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Rob-yes you can flat tow a summit if it is 4x4 with the quadra-trac II. the base plate that i will be using is a Blue Ox with removable tabs. the base plate is completely concealed by the jeep's plastic, except for the removable tabs.
Jim
06 Dip/00 Cherokee
Old 01-24-2015, 11:39 PM   #24

I use the Blue Ox setup as described above to tow GC. Works very nicely.
enjoyrv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 12:51 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by relgel View Post
Rob-yes you can flat tow a summit if it is 4x4 with the quadra-trac II. the base plate that i will be using is a Blue Ox with removable tabs. the base plate is completely concealed by the jeep's plastic, except for the removable tabs.
Jim
06 Dip/00 Cherokee
That is awesome. Thank you. I had another look at the Blue Ox site, and saw below the one that said (except Summit), the correct one for the Summit.
This one is going to ache the wallet. I already told the dw that the Summit couldn't be flat towed - after she had had a test drive in one. Yikes.
Thanks again.
Rob

Tags
diesel