Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-02-2014, 01:12 PM   #1

2014 Buick Enclave Toad fuse question

The owners manual of my new Enclave says to pull 3 fuses for four down towing. One fuse is BATT1 50A which is in the main fuse block and the other two fuses are 15A ECM and 15A Onstar which are under the rear passenger floor in the battery compartment.

Question: Does anyone know the reason for pulling the 2 fuses? RE: what is the battery drain while the key is in the "on" position?

Thanks!
Gary

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-02-2014, 06:46 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
I have a 2008 Enclave CLX I just pull Bat 1 never had any problems don't know about the other fuses.

Old 02-03-2014, 09:41 AM   #3

So you haven't noticed any low battery charge in your Enclave?
Old 02-03-2014, 05:30 PM   #4

I have a 2010 Enclave and a friend has a 2012. His fuse pulling instructions are different from mine. I find it hard to understand the changes when the cars are essentially the same but I've never investigated further. Go by your book to insure mileage doesn't register and the battery doesn't drain.
racer0624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 06:00 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Have not had any battery drain that I can notice.
Old 02-04-2014, 09:24 PM   #6

I just towed my 2014 Acadia 1200 miles for its first trip. I pulled the same 3 fuses: BATT1, ECM, and Onstar. I'm not sure if the 2 in the battery compartment are a battery drain issue or more of a computer/communication issue.

But when I went to start it after being on the road for 7 hours or so I had a dead battery. I had to go buy a portable battery pack jumper and got it started. I hadn't noticed that the high beam headlights were on in car as we were going all day. I pulled the 2 10amp fuses for high beams, and we were good to go the rest of the trip. I don't understand why or how they were on, but they must have been the culprit.

Also, the check engine light stayed on after we reached our destination and drove the car. After the 2nd or 3rd day of driving it, the light went out. A GM service tech at local dealer said that was probably from removing the ECM fuse. The computer had a communication disruption with the rest of the car, and it took some time for it to reset itself, or something to that effect.
Old 02-05-2014, 10:33 AM   #7

Thanks for the input everybody! I appreciate the responses.
Gary
Old 02-05-2014, 05:01 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
You must have had your switch on instead of on acc. Their are two 50 amp side by side make sure you pull the right one.

Tags
fuse, toad