Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-16-2013, 09:42 AM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
2014 Fiesta - NO!

Spent a lot of time looking and decided on 14 Fiesta to replace our 90 Jeep. Only to find out that new front end design means new pattern for brackets and none avail. yet. Life is to complex.

Suzie & Chuck USNR USAF USCGA Challenger Owners Club 2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune, towing 2017 Ford Edge FWD 3.6L V-6 four down & 385 FastTrack kayak in the basement.
Summer - Creede, CO Winter - Okeechobee, FL
ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-16-2013, 09:46 AM   #2
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thank you for the information.

See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:21 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Hey, remember, if you're willing to take your vehicle to either Roadmaster or Blue Ox, they will usually give you the bracket and do the labor for free if you are the first to present your vehicle to them to be the guinea pig.

I see you're in Texas but I'm looking at the Roadmaster "wanted list" and they are looking for a 2014 Ford Fiesta for the first application. It may be worth the trip to save the money if you're getting it all for free. Especially considering that there's lots of neat scenery and places to visit up here in Washington and Oregon.

Roadmaster is located in Vancouver Washington just across the Colombia River from Portland.

Here's their current "most wanted" list: CLICK HERE
Old 08-18-2013, 12:28 AM   #4

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc View Post
Hey, remember, if you're willing to take your vehicle to either Roadmaster or Blue Ox, they will usually give you the bracket and do the labor for free if you are the first to present your vehicle to them to be the guinea pig.

I see you're in Texas but I'm looking at the Roadmaster "wanted list" and they are looking for a 2014 Ford Fiesta for the first application. It may be worth the trip to save the money if you're getting it all for free. Especially considering that there's lots of neat scenery and places to visit up here in Washington and Oregon.

Roadmaster is located in Vancouver Washington just across the Colombia River from Portland.

Yep, that's the way we got the brackets for our '05 Ody. Roadmaster kept it for two days while checking the fit. I wired the lights and added the brake unit myself.
Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:40 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc View Post

hmmm, I certainly didn't do a good job of proofreading. I meant to say "Columbia River" ...not Colombia River. Didn't want to make it sound as if Roadmaster was in South America.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:13 AM   #6

Ford Super Duty Owner
OP Here: Just got email from Roadmaster. 2014 Fiesta in right their hands now and brackets should be available in about four weeks. They promised to notify me when ready for market. Will post here when I get notice.
Suzie & Chuck USNR USAF USCGA Challenger Owners Club 2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune, towing 2017 Ford Edge FWD 3.6L V-6 four down & 385 FastTrack kayak in the basement.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:28 PM   #7

They're pretty good about their time estimates.

I had the same problem last December with my new Ford CMax and they promised 4 weeks to production of new bracket and they did it!
jmckinley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 06:44 PM   #8

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctpres View Post
8/19/2013 OP Here: Just got email from Roadmaster. 2014 Fiesta in right their hands now and brackets should be available in about four weeks. They promised to notify me when ready for market. Will post here when I get notice.
Slow is SLOW. Now TWO months later and per Roadmaster 2014 Fiesta due date is now 11/5/2013. We may end up driving our toad 1,112 miles to our winter destination and have to find new installer in FL for Readybrake & Roadmaster. If for some reason you need or want Roadmaster base plates for your 2014 Ford Fiesta any time soon - be prepared to drive the toad.
Old 11-01-2013, 05:59 PM   #9

Roadmaster Shows a bracket for it?

ModelYearPart NumberTypeCommentsNotesWT.Time1FIESTA14524438-5EZ5Fits all except ST, Eco-Boost and models equipped with SFE package.1, 37473.0 HFIESTA14524438-4EZ4Fits all except ST, Eco-Boost and models equipped with SFE package.1473.0 HFIESTA11-13524425-1EZ2Fits all except ST, Eco-Boost and models equipped with SFE package.
Do any of these fit your car? just trying to help
Old 11-02-2013, 07:28 AM   #10

Ford Super Duty Owner
gobyrv - yes the printed installation instructions for 524438-5 are available and dated 9/16/13 but install kit is not available. I am still waiting for Houston dealer get one. Last update from dealer was maybe second or third week this month! Roadmaster told me they would let me know when available - have not heard from them either. Read a lot about four weeks between fit car and kit availability being common. Looks more like eight weeks for the 14 Fiesta.
Old 11-02-2013, 05:32 PM   #11

'14 Fiesta

How about renting a tow dolly or trailer from U-Haul ? would save driving toad !!
Old 11-02-2013, 06:33 PM   #12

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by modlite52 View Post
How about renting a tow dolly or trailer from U-Haul ? would save driving toad !!
Not leaving till after Xmas. If I don't have one by then !!!!!!!! Shame on me for trusting Roadmaster.
Old 11-13-2013, 04:42 PM   #13

Ford Super Duty Owner
OP here with update. If thinking about 2014 Ford Fiesta as a toad OK - BUT don't be in a hurry to go somewhere. Baseplate finally arrived and installed. As you can see in the picture one of the pin sockets is badly aligned. I put snug fit alum tube thru holes to demonstrate the problem. This is not an installation problem. Am currently waiting on response from Roadmaster. Will let y'all know when and how problem resolved
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PA070002.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	263.6 KB
ID:	49886  
Old 11-13-2013, 05:56 PM   #14
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I'm speechless

See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is online now   Reply With Quote