Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-15-2013, 09:52 PM   #29

Did some more searching and found some stating Active Drive II.
Unfortunately, if I want the Jeep, probably going to be special order as I can't find a vehicle with the right combination of features.
I need Active Drive II, 3.2 engine and tow package. DW also wants navigation. Searched up to 300 miles and can't find a match.
I need to flat tow AND pull a 2800lb boat and have enough room for the pooch.

chawkins99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-16-2013, 06:35 AM   #30

Has anyone got the base plates yet? Since we are on the road I would need to have them installed ASAP.

Old 11-17-2013, 07:24 AM   #31

As far as I know there are no base plates available today. You can call Blue Ox @ 800-228-9289 and ask to be notified when they are available.
FinsUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:53 AM   #32

I emailed Blue Ox and received the following reply:

We do have an application coming in this month. I will be happy to put you in our fit request to be notified when the part number is available. Please forward your complete information and I will create a notification for you. Thank you for contacting Blue Ox, we look forward to assisting you further.

However, I've gone off the Jeep after yesterday's test drive. The trunk is just too small to accommodate a 100lb husky.

Looking at an Equinox today.
Old 11-17-2013, 04:21 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by chawkins99 View Post
I emailed Blue Ox and received the following reply: We do have an application coming in this month. I will be happy to put you in our fit request to be notified when the part number is available. Please forward your complete information and I will create a notification for you. Thank you for contacting Blue Ox, we look forward to assisting you further. However, I've gone off the Jeep after yesterday's test drive. The trunk is just too small to accommodate a 100lb husky. Looking at an Equinox today.
. Yeah, the trunk issue is why I went with 4 dr wrangler.
Bucksmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 07:21 AM   #34

I agree the trunk is small. We have springer spaniels, and for the short rides that we are anticipating, they can fit well enough. If we were driving across country in the Cherokee, it would be a bigger issue.

I was originally leaning towards the Wrangler Unlimited, but needed to go with something a lower to the ground to make it possible for my mother-in-law to get in when she travels with us.
Old 11-18-2013, 07:47 AM   #35

Went with the Equinox. 2012 LTZ with 3.0l engine.
Have ordered Blue Ox Baseplate, remanufactured Aventa II towbar and rear hitch. Gonna be busy this weekend.
Still trying to determine braking system but am leaning toward the Air Force One. Not sure about the installation...
Old 11-20-2013, 06:28 PM   #36

Winnebago Owners Club
Any body with the new Cherokee figure out how to turn the radio off.

And i do not mean the mute button LOL
rream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 02:24 PM   #37

I just got a call from RoadMaster. They have tow brackets available for the Cherokee Trailhawk.

The do not have them available for the Limited, and they do not have them available for Cherokees with the adaptive cruise control.

On the Trailhawk, the front tow hooks are removed and replaced with the tow bar adapters. It does not appear to be easy to switch back and forth between them. I have the installation manual and there are a ton of screws/bolts to remove during the installation, plus some trimming of the plastic fascia, and the need to drill out and then re-install two plastic pop rivets.
Old 12-20-2013, 02:47 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsUp View Post
I just got a call from RoadMaster. They have tow brackets available for the Cherokee Trailhawk.

The do not have them available for the Limited, and they do not have them available for Cherokees with the adaptive cruise control.

On the Trailhawk, the front tow hooks are removed and replaced with the tow bar adapters. It does not appear to be easy to switch back and forth between them. I have the installation manual and there are a ton of screws/bolts to remove during the installation, plus some trimming of the plastic fascia, and the need to drill out and then re-install two plastic pop rivets.
With respect to you NOT comments, is that because no owner with a Limited has brought one in yet OR they tried and failed. Big difference for those of us who have a limited.
Old 12-20-2013, 09:03 PM   #39

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
With respect to you NOT comments, is that because no owner with a Limited has brought one in yet OR they tried and failed. Big difference for those of us who have a limited.
You might have missed it above but I had my limited done under the Demco fit program.

I have all the electronics on the front and they work fine. I would bet Demco will only have one for the Limited, the one they did for mine with all the stuff on the front.

Demco had no problem making mine
Old 12-21-2013, 10:11 AM   #40

Thor Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
rream:
Could you explain in more detail what the Demco fit program is? Do they have already the base plate and all the connections needed for the Cherokee 2014? Is it something they can ship to you or one has to go in their place to have everything fitted?
Thanks,
Mauro
Palazzo 33.2
2014 Jeep Cherokee
Old 12-21-2013, 10:39 AM   #41

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauro View Post
rream:
Could you explain in more detail what the Demco fit program is? Do they have already the base plate and all the connections needed for the Cherokee 2014? Is it something they can ship to you or one has to go in their place to have everything fitted?
Thanks,
Mauro
Palazzo 33.2
2014 Jeep Cherokee
At no cost to me they enginnerred and fit the base plate to my Limited. While I was there they wired the lights also.

Yes they have the base plate that I was the guinea pig for, should be on the market first of the year.

I think since mine has all the elctronics on the front they will only need one base plate for the limited not two like other companies.

The look is great - I was amazed at how much steel was in the base plates - when I picked my car up they had another one on the bench
Old 12-21-2013, 06:02 PM   #42

Thor Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Thank you very much. Would you have the contact info for Demco?
Mauro
Palazzo 33.2
Jeep Cherokee 2014