Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-15-2013, 09:52 PM   #29
Senior Member
 
chawkins99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Calera, AL
Posts: 466
Did some more searching and found some stating Active Drive II.
Unfortunately, if I want the Jeep, probably going to be special order as I can't find a vehicle with the right combination of features.
I need Active Drive II, 3.2 engine and tow package. DW also wants navigation. Searched up to 300 miles and can't find a match.
I need to flat tow AND pull a 2800lb boat and have enough room for the pooch.
__________________

__________________
Chris, Jo & Dell (Siberian Husky - 110lb of fur and muscle)
2003 Beaver Santiam 40DST - Cummins 330ISC
Closely followed by a 2012 Equinox AWD
chawkins99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-16-2013, 06:35 AM   #30
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 53
Has anyone got the base plates yet? Since we are on the road I would need to have them installed ASAP.
__________________

__________________
2012 Journey 42E
blackttr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 07:24 AM   #31
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 17
As far as I know there are no base plates available today. You can call Blue Ox @ 800-228-9289 and ask to be notified when they are available.
__________________
Erik & Anita
2014 Thor Hurricane 34J Bunkhouse
2014 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
FinsUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:53 AM   #32
Senior Member
 
chawkins99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Calera, AL
Posts: 466
I emailed Blue Ox and received the following reply:


We do have an application coming in this month. I will be happy to put you in our fit request to be notified when the part number is available. Please forward your complete information and I will create a notification for you. Thank you for contacting Blue Ox, we look forward to assisting you further.

However, I've gone off the Jeep after yesterday's test drive. The trunk is just too small to accommodate a 100lb husky.

Looking at an Equinox today.
__________________
Chris, Jo & Dell (Siberian Husky - 110lb of fur and muscle)
2003 Beaver Santiam 40DST - Cummins 330ISC
Closely followed by a 2012 Equinox AWD
chawkins99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 04:21 PM   #33
Senior Member
 
Bucksmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by chawkins99 View Post
I emailed Blue Ox and received the following reply: We do have an application coming in this month. I will be happy to put you in our fit request to be notified when the part number is available. Please forward your complete information and I will create a notification for you. Thank you for contacting Blue Ox, we look forward to assisting you further. However, I've gone off the Jeep after yesterday's test drive. The trunk is just too small to accommodate a 100lb husky. Looking at an Equinox today.
. Yeah, the trunk issue is why I went with 4 dr wrangler.
__________________
Bucksmom
2008 Dynamax Dynaquest,
a good man who puts up with me, and Buck and Bull the wonderdogs.
Bucksmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 07:21 AM   #34
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 17
I agree the trunk is small. We have springer spaniels, and for the short rides that we are anticipating, they can fit well enough. If we were driving across country in the Cherokee, it would be a bigger issue.

I was originally leaning towards the Wrangler Unlimited, but needed to go with something a lower to the ground to make it possible for my mother-in-law to get in when she travels with us.
__________________
Erik & Anita
2014 Thor Hurricane 34J Bunkhouse
2014 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
FinsUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 07:47 AM   #35
Senior Member
 
chawkins99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Calera, AL
Posts: 466
Went with the Equinox. 2012 LTZ with 3.0l engine.
Have ordered Blue Ox Baseplate, remanufactured Aventa II towbar and rear hitch. Gonna be busy this weekend.
Still trying to determine braking system but am leaning toward the Air Force One. Not sure about the installation...
__________________
Chris, Jo & Dell (Siberian Husky - 110lb of fur and muscle)
2003 Beaver Santiam 40DST - Cummins 330ISC
Closely followed by a 2012 Equinox AWD
chawkins99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 06:28 PM   #36
Senior Member
 
rream's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 660
Any body with the new Cherokee figure out how to turn the radio off.

And i do not mean the mute button LOL
__________________
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited, Air Force One
290 Campgrounds, 1386 nights camping since 2009 and 67 K Winnebago miles
rream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 02:24 PM   #37
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 17
I just got a call from RoadMaster. They have tow brackets available for the Cherokee Trailhawk.

The do not have them available for the Limited, and they do not have them available for Cherokees with the adaptive cruise control.

On the Trailhawk, the front tow hooks are removed and replaced with the tow bar adapters. It does not appear to be easy to switch back and forth between them. I have the installation manual and there are a ton of screws/bolts to remove during the installation, plus some trimming of the plastic fascia, and the need to drill out and then re-install two plastic pop rivets.
__________________
Erik & Anita
2014 Thor Hurricane 34J Bunkhouse
2014 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
FinsUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 02:47 PM   #38
Senior Member
 
The Shadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Southern Ontario/Palmetto FL
Posts: 1,092
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsUp View Post
I just got a call from RoadMaster. They have tow brackets available for the Cherokee Trailhawk.

The do not have them available for the Limited, and they do not have them available for Cherokees with the adaptive cruise control.

On the Trailhawk, the front tow hooks are removed and replaced with the tow bar adapters. It does not appear to be easy to switch back and forth between them. I have the installation manual and there are a ton of screws/bolts to remove during the installation, plus some trimming of the plastic fascia, and the need to drill out and then re-install two plastic pop rivets.
With respect to you NOT comments, is that because no owner with a Limited has brought one in yet OR they tried and failed. Big difference for those of us who have a limited.
__________________
2011 Itasca Impulse 26QP Silver, 2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited V6 Active Drive II
The Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 09:03 PM   #39
Senior Member
 
rream's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 660
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
With respect to you NOT comments, is that because no owner with a Limited has brought one in yet OR they tried and failed. Big difference for those of us who have a limited.
You might have missed it above but I had my limited done under the Demco fit program.

I have all the electronics on the front and they work fine. I would bet Demco will only have one for the Limited, the one they did for mine with all the stuff on the front.

Demco had no problem making mine
__________________
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited, Air Force One
290 Campgrounds, 1386 nights camping since 2009 and 67 K Winnebago miles
rream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 10:11 AM   #40
Senior Member
 
Thor Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Park City, UT
Posts: 138
rream:
Could you explain in more detail what the Demco fit program is? Do they have already the base plate and all the connections needed for the Cherokee 2014? Is it something they can ship to you or one has to go in their place to have everything fitted?
Thanks,
Mauro
Palazzo 33.2
2014 Jeep Cherokee
__________________
Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 10:39 AM   #41
Senior Member
 
rream's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauro View Post
rream:
Could you explain in more detail what the Demco fit program is? Do they have already the base plate and all the connections needed for the Cherokee 2014? Is it something they can ship to you or one has to go in their place to have everything fitted?
Thanks,
Mauro
Palazzo 33.2
2014 Jeep Cherokee
At no cost to me they enginnerred and fit the base plate to my Limited. While I was there they wired the lights also.

Yes they have the base plate that I was the guinea pig for, should be on the market first of the year.

I think since mine has all the elctronics on the front they will only need one base plate for the limited not two like other companies.

The look is great - I was amazed at how much steel was in the base plates - when I picked my car up they had another one on the bench
__________________
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited, Air Force One
290 Campgrounds, 1386 nights camping since 2009 and 67 K Winnebago miles
rream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 06:02 PM   #42
Senior Member
 
Thor Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Park City, UT
Posts: 138
Thank you very much. Would you have the contact info for Demco?
Mauro
Palazzo 33.2
Jeep Cherokee 2014
__________________

__________________
Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.