Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-21-2013, 05:20 PM   #43

As I have mentioned on another related thread, Demco are now tooling up for production based on rream's prototype fit and should be shipping to dealers by mid Feb. They do not sell direct nor do they carry out fitting work. They kindly sent me the instruction manual showing two separate items, not one baseplate. The part number for the Limited baseplate set is 9518307.
MartinC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-21-2013, 06:22 PM   #44

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauro View Post
Thank you very much. Would you have the contact info for Demco?
Mauro
Palazzo 33.2
Jeep Cherokee 2014

Link below

RV Towing Products | Demco Products
rream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 06:10 PM   #45

As far as RoadMaster not having a baseplate for the Limited, or the Cherokees with adaptive cruise control, all I know is that they do not have them at this time. Those issues did not apply to me, so I did not follow up and question them.
FinsUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 07:25 PM   #46

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Here's a link to Roadmaster's base plate installation instructions for TH without the tech package (no adaptive cruise control)
http://www.roadmasterinc.com/pdfinst/521446-4.pdf
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 09:34 AM   #47

Thor Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
I was already on the list for Blue Ox that is apparently working on a base plate for the Cherokee. Does anybody know, at least judging from their present products, which company is best?
Mauro
2014 Palazzo 33.2
2014 Jeep Cherokee
Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 09:57 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by rream View Post
At no cost to me they enginnerred and fit the base plate to my Limited. While I was there they wired the lights also.

Yes they have the base plate that I was the guinea pig for, should be on the market first of the year.

I think since mine has all the elctronics on the front they will only need one base plate for the limited not two like other companies.

The look is great - I was amazed at how much steel was in the base plates - when I picked my car up they had another one on the bench
That could be a faulty assumption at this point. If Demco started with a loaded Limited like yours and ours then they presumably KNOW that it will fit one that is NOT loaded.

If Blue OX (which also does the freebee for the first one AND throws in a new tow bar on top of it) has only done a Limited without all the option they don't know yet if what they designed for THAT particular guinea pig would fit mine. You've made the assumption that it won't and that they will need two different units. If the one they have doesn't fit mine, and they design one for a loaded Limited, then you will find that it will replace the other and they will also only have one for all flavours of the Limited in their list.

Where is the Demco cross member support that connects to both sides? Inside the grill or outside? I've seen some that have had to go on the outside and that is not very pretty. (The nice thing on my Tahoe was that no cross member support was needed because of the solid frame rails and that made installation much easier.)
GR
Old 12-23-2013, 10:22 AM   #49

recall

As of today Jeep had a recall on problem with trans module, had mine flashed for free at dealer about 3 months ago. When I went to tow it would not go into neutral. I am now in Yuma Arizona with no car it is still at my home in Ontario Canada. Dash shows 4 wheel service message. I went online to find many Jeeps with same problem after recall from Crysler was done at dealer. I have sent a note to dealer that did my recall as of now no return as what can be done It also has no low 4 wheel drive due to the recall. Not sure if this is a problem with new Jeeps as I do not want another one if this cannot be fixed on my 2008 GC. Good Luck to new owners just be carefull if you need the recall done make sure they try to put the car in neutral before you leave the dealer.
Rebel
rebelcarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 10:27 AM   #50

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcarm View Post
As of today Jeep had a recall on problem with trans module, had mine flashed for free at dealer about 3 months ago. When I went to tow it would not go into neutral. I am now in Yuma Arizona with no car it is still at my home in Ontario Canada. Dash shows 4 wheel service message. I went online to find many Jeeps with same problem after recall from Crysler was done at dealer. I have sent a note to dealer that did my recall as of now no return as what can be done It also has no low 4 wheel drive due to the recall. Not sure if this is a problem with new Jeeps as I do not want another one if this cannot be fixed on my 2008 GC. Good Luck to new owners just be carefull if you need the recall done make sure they try to put the car in neutral before you leave the dealer.
Rebel
I assume you're talking about your 2008 GC. The new Cherokee uses a newly designed ZF 9-speed transmission never before offered on any Jeep. Completely different animal.
Old 12-23-2013, 10:33 AM   #51

recall

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobGed View Post
I assume you're talking about your 2008 GC. The new Cherokee uses a newly designed ZF 9-speed transmission never before offered on any Jeep. Completely different animal.
Not sure what years it , as at this time no reply from my dealer. I do know it has to do with several years around the 2008 Jeep GC.
rebel
rebelcarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 10:35 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
....... Where is the Demco cross member support that connects to both sides? Inside the grill or outside? GR
There is no cross member - just two separate units mirroring each other.
Old 12-23-2013, 11:09 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinC View Post
There is no cross member - just two separate units mirroring each other.
Sorry, but they show one for the Grand Cherokee at Demco - take a close look. http://www.demco-products.com/assets...ts/TP20291.pdf

And for the Wrangler. http://www.demco-products.com/assets...ts/TP20292.pdf

So, if you are correct with respect to a 2014 Cherokee, what is implicit is that the frame is stronger than either of these two if it has no cross member.

GR

ps. On transmission recalls, I had one for my 2012 T&C and it smoothed out the shifts.
Old 12-23-2013, 11:45 AM   #54

I have document TP20307pdf. I'm not sure if that is out yet on their site
Old 12-23-2013, 11:49 AM   #55

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
FWIW here's link to a Roadmaster base plate installation on a Trail Hawk.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...Roadmaster.pdf
Old 12-23-2013, 01:39 PM   #56

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
MartinC was kind enough to send me his Demco installation file so that I could make it available at my Dropbox site.

Here is the link:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...4_Cherokee.pdf

Thank you Martin