Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-21-2014, 12:58 PM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Thanks Bob know I know that is was not broken just supposed to be that way

rream is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-22-2014, 06:10 PM   #16

For anyone who has completed the baseplate for a 2014 Cherokee.... do you have any tips for the best place to hook in the wiring for tail/stop lights from the TV ?

I have a trail hawk

Old 01-23-2014, 12:26 PM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Curtwpk

You are a bit early with you question as the makers of the base plates are not shipping yet. If you go to the Demco site and look at the install brochure you can see where they installed mine at the factory on my Limited, mine is the black car
Old 01-23-2014, 12:58 PM   #18

If you are the first to get into the Blue Ox fit program for the 2014 Jeep Cherokee with adaptive cruise control, you can save a ton of money. They will fabricate and install the baseplates for free, give you an Aventa LX towbar for free, and give you 25% off all other products and their installation. I saved about $2500. Better hurry they might already have someone lined up.
2013 Leisure Travel Vans Unity U24MB, 635 watts solar, 440 AH batteries, 2000 watt inverter, Koni struts and shocks, Hellwig rear anti-swaybar, SumoSprings front and back, 2012 Hyundai Accent SE, Blue Ox baseplates, Aladdin towbar and Patriot
jackfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 06:51 PM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rream View Post
Curtwpk

You are a bit early with you question as the makers of the base plates are not shipping yet. If you go to the Demco site and look at the install brochure you can see where they installed mine at the factory on my Limited, mine is the black car
Just found some paperwork from Demco

They installed

Demco Diode Tail Light Kit

They have notes on page 7 of the install manual which tells me that the conductor cable was for a 4 wire systems and driver side routing
Old 01-23-2014, 08:26 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by rream View Post

They have notes on page 7 of the install manual which tells me that the conductor cable was for a 4 wire systems and driver side routing

I looked at the website install instructions. It has only five pages and does not seem to address the question of running lights wiring except to mention the plug mount.

http://www.demco-products.com/assets...ts/TP20307.pdf

Do you have any idea how they tapped into the jeep wiring? Its a shame that jeep does not provide a nice plug to access the running/stop lights like the plug they provide for hooking up a trailer brake controller. They make a big deal of "recreational towing" and flat towing but leave you on your own to figure out wiring.

I guess I will have to snake wires all the way to the back of the jeep, and find a place to break into the wiring back there.

Thanks for your help on this !
Old 01-23-2014, 08:32 PM   #21

Good idea and Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackfish View Post
If you are the first to get into the Blue Ox fit program for the 2014 Jeep Cherokee with adaptive cruise control, you can save a ton of money. They will fabricate and install the baseplates for free, give you an Aventa LX towbar for free, and give you 25% off all other products and their installation. I saved about $2500. Better hurry they might already have someone lined up.
Good idea and Thanks!

I live in Colorado so hooking up with them would probably not work.

-c
Old 02-01-2014, 11:38 AM   #22

Ford Super Duty Owner
Jayco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobGed View Post
I just spoke with Blue Ox. By 1/31/14 they will officially have the following available:

Baseplate: Latitude & Limited - BX1135. Trailhawk - BX1136
Both will work with Adaptive Cruise Control.

Tail Light Wiring Kit: All models - BX8848 (available now). This is a diode kit as they found there wasn't enough space in the tail light assembly to install a separate bulb kit.
Thanks for the info, I am considering a 2014 Cherokee and this helps with the decision.
Roger
Old 02-03-2014, 11:51 PM   #23

Contact Demco. We have the same 2014 Cherokee and no problem with the adaptive cruise control. The only problem with the car is the off road suspension produces a very harsh ride.
Old 02-04-2014, 09:27 AM   #24

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by judgebobk View Post
Contact Demco. We have the same 2014 Cherokee and no problem with the adaptive cruise control. The only problem with the car is the off road suspension produces a very harsh ride.
I now have 5,000 miles on my V6 Limited and I guess they left the harsh ride out of mine.

Old 02-08-2014, 08:45 PM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
Hello everyone,

We picked up our 2014 Cherokee today. Put on about 80 miles breaking it in. Wow, Leslie and I just love this vehicle. It exceeded all of expectations for drivability and comfort. The trunk is a bit on the small side but we will make it work.

We have the limited, cashmere, with 6 cyl, AD2, luxury group, tow package, sun roof.

We have a Roadmaster sterling tow bar and waiting until April to take our coach out of storage to set up the baseplate and break. We are thinking of the SMI air force one.

I can't wait for tomorrow to drive it more.

Stuart
Old 02-20-2014, 03:09 PM   #26

2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited

I installed the Demco #9518307 Baseplate on my Cherokee and the Demco diode #9523063 light kit. I already had the 4 wire kit. To connect the diodes you should know that the wiring is very tight so the splices are a little difficult. The driver's side tail light parking/running light wire is the white/yellow and the signal light is the green/white. The passenger parking/running light is the grey/white and the signal is the yellow/white. The four wire can be easily run underneath the car and secured with zip ties. The baseplate needed some grinding and hole enlarging (on the top support plate) to fit, so be patient.
Old 02-20-2014, 11:16 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvgorby View Post
We purchased a 2014 jeep Cherokee limited. Jeep advertising lists this vehicle with active 2 to be towable. After contacting Roadmaster in December they advised brackets would be available mid January. Brackets are available but not for adaptive cruise control which we have. The Trail Hawk with ACC has brackets. No solution from jeep. Considering legal action. Anyone else encountered this? Will contact FMCA Monday.
Contact Demco. We have ACII with ACC and have no problems.
Old 02-20-2014, 11:31 PM   #28
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Not sure why you guys would go all the way back to the taillight to do a bulb install when all you need to do is access the wiring harness under the hood. It's called a diode install.
I opted for this as I read too many horror stories about moisture getting into the tail lights and others about light bulbs falling out of the newly drilled mounting holes.
Not saying my way is right, just saying there is an alternative.
I had the dealership I bought my truck from do it so I wouldn't void any warranty.