Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-13-2015, 09:00 AM   #141

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damon Diva View Post
The 2015 Trail-Hawk has the option for the "Ventilated/Memory Seat Group" option that gives you the seat-mirror-radio memory option along with ventilated premium leather seats and heated mirrors.

They also have a package group named the "SafetyTec Group" which has a park assist warning system.

We are excited about these options!
We have both options and my wife will never have a car without the ventilated seats - she loves the feature
We have 19,000 miles on ours and have towed it 7,100 over the past 13 months
rream is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-13-2015, 10:57 AM   #142

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by rream View Post
We have both options and my wife will never have a car without the ventilated seats - she loves the feature
We have 19,000 miles on ours and have towed it 7,100 over the past 13 months
I have had heated seats for years-but not ventilated seats.
I drove a 2014 4-cylinder awhile back and hated it. I knew that we would get a 6 cylinder if we were to buy a Cherokee after that test drive.

We drove the 6 cylinder yesterday and there is a huge difference in engine noise and power. The only thing we don't like is that the stupid black decal is now a required option on the TH.
Damon Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 01:51 PM   #143

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
The only thing we don't like is that the stupid black decal is now a required option on the TH.
On Jeep's site it shows as a $199 option. Who told you it was mandatory?
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 09:21 AM   #144

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have researched this as well. I have a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit 4WD which has the Quadra Drive (or Active Drive II) with the small neutral button behind the shifter. This is the flat tow configuration. I will be towing behind our 2015 Dutch Star 4313. Few things: Once "neutral" position activated, the transmission shifter must be in the Park position. You CANNOT dolly tow this Jeep configuration in any way shape or form. It WILL void your warranty and likely case damage. It must be a 4-down (flat tow, toad, etc.) only. BlueOx has developed a specific base plate for towing the Jeep GC Summit with Quadra Drive II (and with the Active Cruise Assist). The Blue Ox base plate model number is: BX2411. I will be using the Blue OX Aventa LX towbar model #: BX7445 for the towing and purchasing the accessory kit #: BX88231 - this includes: wiring kit for the Jeep, 7 to 6 coil electrical cable, a set of locks (2) ½” and (1) 5/8” , and a towbar cover. Finally, I will be adding the AirForce One braking system by SMC Corp: AIR FORCE ONE | SMI Manufacturing Inc.. Freightliner approves the AirForce One on their chassis. Have the systems installed by certified BlueOx and SMC dealers.

4thetwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 09:25 AM   #145

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have researched this as well. I have a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit 4WD which has the Quadra Drive (or Active Drive II) with the small neutral button behind the shifter. This is the flat tow configuration. I will be towing behind our 2015 Dutch Star 4313. Few things: Once "neutral" position activated, the transmission shifter must be in the Park position. You CANNOT dolly tow this Jeep configuration in any way shape or form. It WILL void your warranty and likely case damage. It must be a 4-down (flat tow, toad, etc.) only. BlueOx has developed a specific base plate for towing the Jeep GC Summit with Quadra Drive II (and with the Active Cruise Assist). The Blue Ox base plate model number is: BX2411. I will be using the Blue OX Aventa LX towbar model #: BX7445 for the towing and purchasing the accessory kit #: BX88231 - this includes: wiring kit for the Jeep, 7 to 6 coil electrical cable, a set of locks (2) ½” and (1) 5/8” , and a towbar cover. Finally, I will be adding the AirForce One braking system by SMC Corp: AIR FORCE ONE | SMI Manufacturing Inc.. Freightliner approves the AirForce One on their chassis. Have the systems installed by certified BlueOx and SMC dealers.
Old 01-14-2015, 09:25 AM   #146

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Sorry for the double post. New it IRV2 site.
Old 01-16-2015, 07:32 AM   #147

From all the posts I have read on this thread, I'm glad I have a 2007 Liberty that I tow. More technology means more problems and expense to have repaired. Other than getting old and cranky I guess I'll keep on RVing. Dave
Old 01-16-2015, 08:18 AM   #148

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Damon Diva you might want to ask about the decal. When we were ordering our 2014 there was an option to delete the decal on the Trailhawk. We ended up going with the Limited with Active Drive II and have been very happy with the towing.

Allego1X, your'e missing out on all the new fun stuff. Been cold here the last few days and I love climbing into those heated seats and putting my hands on that nice warm steering wheel:-)
johnnysfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 01:43 AM   #149

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnysfun View Post
Damon Diva you might want to ask about the decal. When we were ordering our 2014 there was an option to delete the decal on the Trailhawk. We ended up going with the Limited with Active Drive II and have been very happy with the towing...
Thanks for the suggestion, johnnysfun- I actually had worked for a Jeep dealership recently so I have a few extra connections to verify the info - which I did use.
At this time that delete option is no longer an option to delete.
I will continue to try and keep the decal off the new Cherokee though.
Old 01-17-2015, 01:58 AM   #150

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobGed View Post
On Jeep's site it shows as a $199 option. Who told you it was mandatory?
BobGed- I was there when they tried to place the order only to see the big "R" letter to designate that it was now mandatory. This has been confirmed by another dealership where I know the management team. This was also confirmed on some Jeep forums.

What sucks is that we waited to order until we had information about the Jeep Renegade model. This would have weighed much less-but we found out that it is not towable so have placed the order for the Cherokee.
Old 01-17-2015, 09:04 AM   #151

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
BobGed- I was there when they tried to place the order only to see the big "R" letter to designate that it was now mandatory. This has been confirmed by another dealership where I know the management team. This was also confirmed on some Jeep forums.

What sucks is that we waited to order until we had information about the Jeep Renegade model. This would have weighed much less-but we found out that it is not towable so have placed the order for the Cherokee.
That's too bad, and is definitely a change. Prior to ordering our 2014 Limited I had my dealer spec out a TH without the decal, and he would have had no problem entering the order without it.

I have read on a Jeep forum where some that did order it and didn't like it once they received the vehicle, removed it without any paint damage. I believe one suggested using hair dryer set on low heat to aid in the process, and then used Goo Gone, or something similar, to remove any residue.
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 09:11 AM   #152

Monaco Owners Club
Has anyone with the Jeep Grand Cherokee had the N23 recall done and then having problem with putting it in neutral. We had the recall done in Aug 2013 and ever since had problems.

Has anyone had the 2nd flash done to fix???
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 07:41 AM   #153

Quote:
The only thing we don't like is that the stupid black decal is now a required option on the TH.
Our dealer had not installed the decal yet. At final prep they told me they just had to detail it and install the decal. Luckily I was able to head that off at the pass. (I do think it's still in the closet if anyone really wants one)

We now have 35,900 miles on it and love it! I am just about to set it up for flat towing to retire the 99 Cherokee Limited. This was the whole reason we bought the TH. Looking forward to having the newer toad with us when we travel.
JJPP17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 09:38 AM   #154
enn

Winnebago Owners Club
Trail Hawk

Just purchased a 2015 trail Hawk to tow behind my '03 journey, decided to have the dealer arrange the the baseplate installation just in case something went wrong they won't be able to say you installed it, your responsibility.
Currently on my first trip and the jeep tows very well so far.
Using a patriot auxiliary braking system which also seem to work well.
Switching to neutral on the jeep is very easy, tho it seems weird to tow four down in park!
Safe travels to all
Enn. '03 Winnebago journey 330hp cat 2015 Cherokee Trail Hawk
enn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
towing