Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-13-2013, 08:41 PM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronlad View Post
BobGed, you are correct about the active drive II, I did extensive homework comparing models and 4x4 setups before i made my purchace!! Now i have to wait till the first of the year for a towplate from etrailer or demco, it is being tested for market
My Demco base plate was installed last week at the factory, they were to do a Trailhawk this week. I was part of their Fit Program. Should hit the market in early Jan

Really looks nice.

rream is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-13-2013, 08:46 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rream View Post
My Demco base plate was installed last week at the factory, they were to do a Trailhawk this week. I was part of their Fit Program. Should hit the market in early Jan

Really looks nice.

Sounds great. That means all three companies will have base plates available in January, at least for the Limited and TH.

BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 07:16 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Ronlad and rream,

Did you get the 4 or 6 cylinder engine. I am also considering the Cherokee. Could you let us know why you choose the engine you did. I am thinking of the Limited and not sure which engine to go with.

Thanks,

Stuart
Old 12-15-2013, 07:32 PM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
For the small difference in price and MPG I got the V6, on the 500 round trip to Iowa last week I got 27 MPG highway it is rated at 25 highway

I have every option possible on mine.

Glad to answer other questions
Old 12-15-2013, 07:59 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
rream,

What do you think about the roughness of the ride? Did you read the other thread on the irv2 forum where someone complained about the ride on the Cherokee they had already purchased.

Also, did you consider the Trail Hawk? What made you decide on the Limited?

Thanks,

Stuart
Old 12-15-2013, 08:33 PM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by S-n-L View Post
rream,

What do you think about the roughness of the ride? Did you read the other thread on the irv2 forum where someone complained about the ride on the Cherokee they had already purchased.

Also, did you consider the Trail Hawk? What made you decide on the Limited?

Thanks,

Stuart
About the ride total bunk, the limited with active track II has same off road suspenion as the Trail Hawk

We liked the look of the limited better at our age (late 60's) - Trailhawk looked younger to us.
Limited seems more elgent

Not impressed with the red tow bars on the front of it.
We looked at and test drove both.
Old 12-16-2013, 02:48 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
4 cyl. vs v6

to answer your question, i test drove both cherokee latitude models. The 4cyl version is very noisy (engine noise) and lacks the power to pull out confidently on the highway. The v6 is much quieter and lots of quick pickup. The trail hawk is more of an on/off road vehicle and much less forgiving suspension (to much vehicle for my needs) my daughter bought a 2014 grand cherokee and what can i say ... you definetely get what you pay for, the ride and quietness and appointments are superb but a bit pricey for a toad. the difference in ride between the limited and latitude are nearly the same. I guess its all about the leather and nav and bluetooth etc. etc. etc. good hunting !!!
Old 12-16-2013, 03:05 PM   #22

I looked at a 2014 Cherokee last week and I'll be watching this thread. I am thinking of getting one early next year. I know the Patriot can be towed 4-down but wasn't sure about the Cherokee until I read these posts. I tow a 2011 Liberty now, but will want to do either one later. I have a 2011 Dodge Nitro that I'll be trading for the Cherokee.
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 07:24 PM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronlad View Post
to answer your question, i test drove both cherokee latitude models. The 4cyl version is very noisy (engine noise) and lacks the power to pull out confidently on the highway. The v6 is much quieter and lots of quick pickup. The trail hawk is more of an on/off road vehicle and much less forgiving suspension (to much vehicle for my needs) my daughter bought a 2014 grand cherokee and what can i say ... you definetely get what you pay for, the ride and quietness and appointments are superb but a bit pricey for a toad. the difference in ride between the limited and latitude are nearly the same. I guess its all about the leather and nav and bluetooth etc. etc. etc. good hunting !!!
Yes the ride is the same but the one that is towable 4 down has the activ e drive II transmission and off road suspension like the trailhawk so you would need to drive one to know the difference
Old 12-16-2013, 07:27 PM   #24

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
About the ride total bunk, the limited with active track II has same off road suspenion as the Trail Hawk

We liked the look of the limited better at our age (late 60's) - Trailhawk looked younger to us.
Limited seems more elgent

Not impressed with the red tow bars on the front of it.
We looked at and test drove both.
My wife just reminded me that another factor was the off road style of the Trailhawk tires was a negative to us also
Old 12-17-2013, 05:47 AM   #25

Spoke to Doug at Blue Ox yesterday and he told me the Trailhawk that was scheduled to come in didn't make it. I guess they had a Limited in for the test fit but they still need a Trailhawk. I would do it but distance is a big factor. So if you have a Trailhawk you might want to call and get in on the fit program. They will install your base plates for free. Hoping they have the base plates soon as we are traveling and it is getting to be a pain having the wife follow in the new Trailhawk.
Old 12-17-2013, 07:37 AM   #26

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
My wife just reminded me that another factor was the off road style of the Trailhawk tires was a negative to us also
Hey i"ve got a like new Grand Cherokee Laredo I'll sell ya!! Only few thousand miles and [cough cough] not flat towable, beautiful car!
Old 12-17-2013, 10:46 PM   #27

Some good information in this article if you can get past the ads, or have a good ad blocker.
2014 Jeep Cherokee SUV: modern midsize SUV
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 02:03 PM   #28

Monaco Owners Club
BobGed,

Great article. I am deciding between the Cherokee and the Chevy Equinox. So far the Cherokee is leading the way although I really like the Equinox.

I am going to test drive the Cherokee Saturday to compare the 4 & 6 cyl engines. The gas mileage is amazingly close between the two. It may make more sense to get the 6. It is has been stated that the 4 is noisier than the 6 and want to see how much of a difference there is.

Does anyone know if car dealers are more motivated to make better deals at the end of the year vs. in a month or two? I was able to get a price of $100 above invoice and maybe able to get it for invoice if I push a little harder. What do you think about this deal?

Stuart

Tags
towing