Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 12-18-2013, 01:43 PM   #29
Senior Member
 
BobGed's Avatar
 
Tiffin Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Carson City, NV
Posts: 1,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by S-n-L View Post
BobGed,

Great article. I am deciding between the Cherokee and the Chevy Equinox. So far the Cherokee is leading the way although I really like the Equinox.

I am going to test drive the Cherokee Saturday to compare the 4 & 6 cyl engines. The gas mileage is amazingly close between the two. It may make more sense to get the 6. It is has been stated that the 4 is noisier than the 6 and want to see how much of a difference there is.

Does anyone know if car dealers are more motivated to make better deals at the end of the year vs. in a month or two? I was able to get a price of $100 above invoice and maybe able to get it for invoice if I push a little harder. What do you think about this deal?

Stuart
I have also been debating between the Cherokee and the Equinox. I'm leaning toward the Cherokee, but my only reservation is the new 9 speed transmission. Why does any vehicle this size need nine speeds? There have been a couple of reports of transmission problems on the Jeep forum, but of course for now everything is covered under warranty. I'm going to wait until March or so anyway as Jeep won't have the color I want until then.

As far as purchasing, if you're a FMCA member you can get access to the Chrysler Affiliates program through the FCOC that will allow you to purchase the Jeep at 1% below the dealer's invoice with no hassle.
FCOC: Special Offers

If I were to decide to purchase the Equinox I would use that program as a negotiating tool.
__________________

__________________
Bob, Sherron & Kinsey (Goldendoodle)
2009 Tiffin Phaeton 40QSH
2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-18-2013, 02:17 PM   #30
Senior Member
 
MartinC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Champaign Co. IL
Posts: 276
We will be trading our Jeep Wrangler for a fully loaded Limited next April. In a two for one deal, we have also already turned in our Chevy Traverse. The order goes in at end of February.

We would have liked to have done the deal before leaving for our winter sojourn down here in Naples but our Jeep dealer could not persuade any other dealer to do a swap with a vehicle to our spec. It would have been a Trailhawk and we were scheduled to be the free fit at Demco. We've now decided to go with the more elegant Limited.

+1 on the FCOC Affiliate deal which we are using - but first you have to have a Freightliner chassis.

Regarding flat towing, I've already downloaded the owners manual and printed out the pages setting out the rather complex sequence of engaging neutral on the transfer box. It will take some practice to get that lot memorized.
__________________

__________________
Champaign County Illinois
2016 Thor Tuscany 45 AT, 2014 Jeep Cherokee
MartinC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 12:33 PM   #31
Senior Member
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Burlington, VT
Posts: 413
Wow, that Freightliner/FMCA deal is awesome. We do not own a Freightliner chassis so can not use this.

Does anyone know of any other affiliate deals out there?

Stuart
__________________
Stuart & Leslie
08 Holiday Ramb Navigator, 45 ft, Cummins ISX 600, 2014 Cherokee Limited, Cashmere. Roadmaster Sterling, SMI Airforceone. Full-timing since May 2014
S-n-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 12:53 PM   #32
Senior Member
 
becks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: SE Minnesota
Posts: 2,381
Costco offers a buying program also.
__________________
06 TS-42-DS04
1040 watts of solar
2014 Jeep Rubicon/2003 Honda CRV
becks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 01:09 PM   #33
Senior Member
 
MartinC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Champaign Co. IL
Posts: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by rream View Post
...... I have every option possible on mine. Glad to answer other questions
OK here's a question. Kevin at Demco ( with whom I had made the aborted arrangement to take up a Trailhawk for the free trial fit) has kindly sent me a PDF of the instruction manual for fitting the baseplate to the Limited. I have since asked him this question which you may be able to answer since your car is fully loaded.

Does the driver's side towing lug interfere with the operation of the active cruise control radome fitted in the lower grille?

There were two cars shown in the manual - a black one and a white one. Which was yours?

For the information of all those interested, the Demco part number of the Limited baseplate is 9518307 and it should be available at dealers by mid February.
__________________
Champaign County Illinois
2016 Thor Tuscany 45 AT, 2014 Jeep Cherokee
MartinC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 01:33 PM   #34
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 16
I just posted this in another thread, but thought I should add it here as well:

I just got a call from RoadMaster. They have tow brackets available for the Cherokee Trailhawk.

The do not have them available for the Limited, and they do not have them available for Cherokees with the adaptive cruise control.

I am not sure if that means they will never have them, or if they just don't have them yet. You would have to give them a call / email to find out.
__________________
Erik & Anita
2014 Thor Hurricane 34J Bunkhouse
2014 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
FinsUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 01:56 PM   #35
Senior Member
 
BobGed's Avatar
 
Tiffin Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Carson City, NV
Posts: 1,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by S-n-L View Post
Wow, that Freightliner/FMCA deal is awesome. We do not own a Freightliner chassis so can not use this.

Does anyone know of any other affiliate deals out there?

Stuart
Here is another way of getting the Chrysler Affiliates program, but it does require a $100 membership fee:
Tread Lightly – Chrysler Affiliate Rewards Program
__________________
Bob, Sherron & Kinsey (Goldendoodle)
2009 Tiffin Phaeton 40QSH
2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 06:38 PM   #36
Senior Member
 
rream's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinC View Post
OK here's a question. Kevin at Demco ( with whom I had made the aborted arrangement to take up a Trailhawk for the free trial fit) has kindly sent me a PDF of the instruction manual for fitting the baseplate to the Limited. I have since asked him this question which you may be able to answer since your car is fully loaded.

Does the driver's side towing lug interfere with the operation of the active cruise control radome fitted in the lower grille?

There were two cars shown in the manual - a black one and a white one. Which was yours?

For the information of all those interested, the Demco part number of the Limited baseplate is 9518307 and it should be available at dealers by mid February.
The black one is mine, and yes it has the active cruise and collision avoidance stuff on the front. They all work nicely

__________________
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited, Air Force One
258 Campgrounds, 1229 nights camping since 2009 and 58 K Winnebago miles
rream is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 07:34 PM   #37
Senior Member
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Burlington, VT
Posts: 413
Thanks BogGed,

That is great to be able to get the afflitate discount for a $100 + dollar membership.

Thank you,

Stuart
__________________
Stuart & Leslie
08 Holiday Ramb Navigator, 45 ft, Cummins ISX 600, 2014 Cherokee Limited, Cashmere. Roadmaster Sterling, SMI Airforceone. Full-timing since May 2014
S-n-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 07:39 PM   #38
Senior Member
 
BobGed's Avatar
 
Tiffin Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Carson City, NV
Posts: 1,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by S-n-L View Post
Thanks BogGed,

That is great to be able to get the afflitate discount for a $100 + dollar membership.

Thank you,

Stuart
You're very welcome, but you have to post a picture or two of what you buy.
__________________
Bob, Sherron & Kinsey (Goldendoodle)
2009 Tiffin Phaeton 40QSH
2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 02:06 PM   #39
Senior Member
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Burlington, VT
Posts: 413
Hello everyone,

This has been a very exciting day. We ordered a 2014 Jeep Cherokee. I will give all of the details below but first I want to give a big shout out to BobGed for making us aware of the Jeep Affiliate programs. Next, thank you to everyone else who contributed to this and other threads making it easier to purchase this car.

Using the Tread Lightly program we were able to buy the Cherokee for 1% below dealer invoice with no hassles at all. Here is the link again:
Tread Lightly – Chrysler Affiliate Rewards Program

First let me tell you we purchased and then I will describe a few hoops you need to jump through is you want to go through this program, not much to do and totally worth the effort.

This is what we purchased (it will take 6 to 8 weeks for delivery):
1014 Jeep Cherokee limited
With the Active drive II with neutral switch
Color-Cashmere (this matches so well with our coach, almost chose white)
Interior-Morocco black Leather
6 Cyl (felt the price and mileage penalty was so worth it)
Two window sunroof
Luxury Group (Ventilated front seats, Power lift gate, HID headlamps and some other goodies)

Here is the scoop on the Tread Lightly Afill program (may be the same for the other Affil programs). We need to pay for the $100 membership, you need to pay $75 for administration fees. We need to be a member for a minimum of 30 days before you can make the purchase. This works for us as the dealer just required to have the "special Code" before we take delivery. The dealer was very happy and willing to give us this deal with no questions asked.

So excited but can be patient and wait for most of the snowy-salty winter to end here in Northern VT before delivery.

Stuart
__________________
Stuart & Leslie
08 Holiday Ramb Navigator, 45 ft, Cummins ISX 600, 2014 Cherokee Limited, Cashmere. Roadmaster Sterling, SMI Airforceone. Full-timing since May 2014
S-n-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 02:55 PM   #40
Senior Member
 
BobGed's Avatar
 
Tiffin Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Carson City, NV
Posts: 1,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by S-n-L View Post
Hello everyone,

This has been a very exciting day. We ordered a 2014 Jeep Cherokee. I will give all of the details below but first I want to give a big shout out to BobGed for making us aware of the Jeep Affiliate programs. Next, thank you to everyone else who contributed to this and other threads making it easier to purchase this car.

Using the Tread Lightly program we were able to buy the Cherokee for 1% below dealer invoice with no hassles at all. Here is the link again:
Tread Lightly Chrysler Affiliate Rewards Program

First let me tell you we purchased and then I will describe a few hoops you need to jump through is you want to go through this program, not much to do and totally worth the effort.

This is what we purchased (it will take 6 to 8 weeks for delivery):
1014 Jeep Cherokee limited
With the Active drive II with neutral switch
Color-Cashmere (this matches so well with our coach, almost chose white)
Interior-Morocco black Leather
6 Cyl (felt the price and mileage penalty was so worth it)
Two window sunroof
Luxury Group (Ventilated front seats, Power lift gate, HID headlamps and some other goodies)

Here is the scoop on the Tread Lightly Afill program (may be the same for the other Affil programs). We need to pay for the $100 membership, you need to pay $75 for administration fees. We need to be a member for a minimum of 30 days before you can make the purchase. This works for us as the dealer just required to have the "special Code" before we take delivery. The dealer was very happy and willing to give us this deal with no questions asked.

So excited but can be patient and wait for most of the snowy-salty winter to end here in Northern VT before delivery.

Stuart
Glad to hear it worked out so well for you, and I'm particularly glad to hear they are taking orders for the Cashmere color. We were told a few weeks ago that that color wouldn't be released until some time in the first quarter, and they didn't have access to the color code. We will be ordering ours shortly. Thanks for the update.
__________________
Bob, Sherron & Kinsey (Goldendoodle)
2009 Tiffin Phaeton 40QSH
2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 02:27 PM   #41
Senior Member
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Burlington, VT
Posts: 413
Hi everyone,

After ordering my 2014 Cherokee limited, 6 cyl, without the trailer tow package I am rethinking that it may be a good idea to add this package. I would like to get some input on this. I do not plan on trailering anything however what interest me is the heavy-duty engine cooling and tranny oil cooler.

Your thoughts and input would be appreciated. I placed my order last Saturday and am not sure I can but if I do want this I may be able to do it.

Thanks,

Stuart
__________________
Stuart & Leslie
08 Holiday Ramb Navigator, 45 ft, Cummins ISX 600, 2014 Cherokee Limited, Cashmere. Roadmaster Sterling, SMI Airforceone. Full-timing since May 2014
S-n-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 03:24 PM   #42
Senior Member
 
rream's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by S-n-L View Post
Hi everyone,

After ordering my 2014 Cherokee limited, 6 cyl, without the trailer tow package I am rethinking that it may be a good idea to add this package. I would like to get some input on this. I do not plan on trailering anything however what interest me is the heavy-duty engine cooling and tranny oil cooler.

Your thoughts and input would be appreciated. I placed my order last Saturday and am not sure I can but if I do want this I may be able to do it.

Thanks,

Stuart
The Tech group package is by far the one I like yes expensive 2155, but many safety features that really work. If you can see your way clear get it and forget about the tow package. If not get the Uconnect 8.4 for 795, it is a very nice nav package and HD radio.

I have every option except for the winter package.

MSRP on mine was 40410
__________________

__________________
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited, Air Force One
258 Campgrounds, 1229 nights camping since 2009 and 58 K Winnebago miles
rream is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
towing



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.