Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-13-2014, 08:56 AM   #85

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by just tasha View Post
...no memory seats either!
Deal breaker for me. The Liberty only had partial memory, the power seats were only so-so (no power seat back tilt or forward/back position). The GC is much better.

I just figured out how to link the key fobs to the seat memory, so it's set for the right driver. Still gets confused sometimes when we use the proximity unlock instead of the key fob button.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-13-2014, 01:46 PM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by just tasha View Post
...no memory seats either!
My Limited has a memory driver's seat - 2 memory buttons and a set button. Maybe you were just too cheap.

OH, the radio and mirrors are set for drivers 1 & 2 as well.

I have a feeling that this feature may not have been available on the TH. It is a specific line item on my build and price sheet and says "incl"

Just went and checked a half dozen items (including all the material provided for sales reps) ending with the brochure. The memory seat/mirror/radio is ONLY available on the Limited as an item in the Luxury package (which is not available on the TH).

As to one touch up down windows that is puzzling. The Sport is one touch down. The Latitude (North in Canada) is one touch up and down. According to the brochure that should be in the Limited because it says you get everything in the North (Cdn brochure) and the following (and then lists the additional items).

I'm going out to check DW's windows again.

OK, she has ONE TOUCH UP AND DOWN for driver and co-pilot. You can't just give the button a little poke though.

Maybe they figured the "roughing it types" who get the TH don't really like fancy do-dads like memory seats and one touch windows?

Don

Old 07-09-2014, 12:30 PM   #87

Monaco Owners Club
Brakes for 2014 Cherokee Toad?

I didn't see where anyone described what they've done for brakes on their 2014 Cherokee toad? I just checked with M&G and they do not have a system for this vehicle. Any success stories for brake system? I prefer the integrated systems rather than those that require install/uninstall each time vehicle is disconnected (spoiled by the M&G system on my 2005 Tahoe).

Thanks,

Bill
Old 07-09-2014, 12:33 PM   #88

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by woward View Post
I didn't see where anyone described what they've done for brakes on their 2014 Cherokee toad? I just checked with M&G and they do not have a system for this vehicle. Any success stories for brake system? I prefer the integrated systems rather than those that require install/uninstall each time vehicle is disconnected (spoiled by the M&G system on my 2005 Tahoe).

Thanks,

Bill
I had an Air Force One installed on mine. So far it's working great.
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 10:55 PM   #89

Monaco Owners Club
I am also using the SMI, Air Force One. We have put about 3,000 miles on it over the past 5 weeks and it has worked flawlessly. I love the ease of setup, just connect the air hose and breakaway cable and go.

Stuart
Old 07-10-2014, 06:04 AM   #90

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobGed View Post
I had an Air Force One installed on mine. So far it's working great.
I had an Air Force One installed about a month ago on mine also, have pulled it twice with no problems. Installer mounted the little red light strip to the right of the mirror in front of the driver so I could see it with the MH camera. He used a piece of aluminum that he painted black that tucks into the seam of the headliner.
rream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 07:18 AM   #91

If you are using the Air force one, could you tell me where they installed the control box and where they tied into the vacuum line. Thanks
jreichlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 08:37 AM   #92

Monaco Owners Club
The control box was installed on top of the fuse box right behind the battery. It fits well at looks good. I do not know exactly where they tied the vacuum line.

Stuart
Old 07-10-2014, 09:38 AM   #93

Monaco Owners Club
re: Brakes for 2014 Cherokee Toad

Could anyone who has the AF1 installed send or upload pictures of the key components so we can get an idea of what the installer did and where it was done? I'm not near anyone who could professionally install one so probably have to make it a DIY project.

Thanks,
Bill
Old 07-10-2014, 10:40 PM   #94
bcp

Here are some photos that SMI sent me to aid in my install on my new Cherokee Trailhawk. I have to install a Roadmaster baseplate and wire the rear lights too so I will work in the install of the Jeep side of the AF-1 at the appropriate time during the process. There is a video on YouTube that shows the steps although not on a Cherokee. It looks pretty straightforward. A call to SMI can help cut through the confusion. They seem to be really knowledgable and willing to help.
Attached Images

Old 07-10-2014, 11:27 PM   #95

Tiffin Owners Club
My control box is mounted on a fabricated bracket attached to bumper. It does not restrict any air flow to the radiator. I had an LED light on my coach dash already wired from my previous brake system, so I had the installer attach the AF1 wire to that connector for my umbilical cord.
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 08:37 AM   #96
bcp

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobGed View Post
My control box is mounted on a fabricated bracket attached to bumper. It does not restrict any air flow to the radiator. I had an LED light on my coach dash already wired from my previous brake system, so I had the installer attach the AF1 wire to that connector for my umbilical cord.
SMI suggested mounting the control box on top of the battery or the fuse box. Either looks like a suitable location. I'll know better when my kit arrives but I'm thinking about velcroing the box to the battery cover.
Old 08-15-2014, 08:07 AM   #97

I have the 2014 Cherokee and have towed it once from the Motorhome Dealer home. But could not figure out how to turn the ACC off with the Cherokee in neutral. Can anyone advice how I can turn it off without re-engaging the transmission. Would like to be able to stop and go without disconnecting.
Old 08-15-2014, 08:18 AM   #98

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBirk View Post
I have the 2014 Cherokee and have towed it once from the Motorhome Dealer home. But could not figure out how to turn the ACC off with the Cherokee in neutral. Can anyone advice how I can turn it off without re-engaging the transmission. Would like to be able to stop and go without disconnecting.
If you have the right transmission, with the transfer case, you want the transmission back in gear (park for auto). As long as the transfer case is in neutral, you're good to go.

Tags
towing