Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-17-2016, 11:29 AM   #43

Winnebago Owners Club
Yes... we need more lights working. I don't think those small lights on the sides we have working will qualify as tail lights.

JillDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-17-2016, 01:56 PM   #44

Jill and steve

Something is wrong with your wiring. As you can see in the picture with the yellow arrow is what is working on mine. By the way, the 2010 edge has different wiring and lights. If you want to talk about it, you can call me 931-2659433.

John
Attached Images

jjwalkers26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 03:14 PM   #45

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwalkers26 View Post
Jill and steve

Something is wrong with your wiring. As you can see in the picture with the yellow arrow is what is working on mine. By the way, the 2010 edge has different wiring and lights. If you want to talk about it, you can call me 931-2659433.

John
Thanks, John....that's what I thought. I would be a happy camper if the area marked by your yellow arrow was illuminated on my Edge. I wish your technician was closer....thinking about having my technician call your technician in Knoxville to see if he can discover what part of the installation he's missing.
Old 08-17-2016, 03:23 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillDS View Post
Thanks, John....that's what I thought. I would be a happy camper if the area marked by your yellow arrow was illuminated on my Edge. I wish your technician was closer....thinking about having my technician call your technician in Knoxville to see if he can discover what part of the installation he's missing.
Only problem with calling my tech is I don't know his name and there are many. It was done at Buddy Gregg's in Knoxville. They have about 22 RV bays. I think your tech just used the wrong wire.
Old 09-19-2016, 10:54 AM   #47

Winnebago Owners Club
Success!

Problem finally solved....all lights are finally working as they should on our 2015 Ford Edge toad!

Just before we were ready to break down and get magnetic lights the tech discovered we needed a different resistor than that recommended by e-trailer.
Old 09-19-2016, 12:07 PM   #48
YC1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Problem finally solved....all lights are finally working as they should on our 2015 Ford Edge toad!

Just before we were ready to break down and get magnetic lights the tech discovered we needed a different resistor than that recommended by e-trailer.
Very interesting. Are you sure he said resistor? I am very curious where the tech would have installed it. I have followed brake installs in the Ford Edge because I have a 2012 and did my own install. I am a technician so this is in my wheel house.
Aluminator tow bar, Demco base plate
YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 12:49 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC1 View Post
Very interesting. Are you sure he said resistor? I am very curious where the tech would have installed it. I have followed brake installs in the Ford Edge because I have a 2012 and did my own install. I am a technician so this is in my wheel house.
My daughter just got a 2016 Ford Edge while in Alaska and they are coming to Oregon to get everything installed, MH and car, then heading south. I called Ronís Hitch N Tow in Eugene about installing everything, ( I have the base plate, tow bar ) and he said if I remember right that you have to install resistors because the brake lights and turn signals use different voltage. This was almost 2 months ago. When I had mine done they used wire off a roll nothing pre made.
2 stroker
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 05:44 AM   #50

Quote:
On mine that works, the tech didn't use any resistor that I know of. Instead of the diodes that came with the blueox wiring system, I had him use roadmaster diodes. I for some reason liked them better.
Old 09-20-2016, 05:45 AM   #51

Quote:

I am glad to hear it guys, I knew it could be done.
Old 09-20-2016, 05:56 AM   #52

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Yes, resistor. Something to do with LED lights on the Edge....I don't know all the details. As a last resort to get the tail lights to work (brakes lights, turn signals and all else worked fine), our automotive electrician called in his Electrical Engineer friend for advice. Finally....success.
Old 09-20-2016, 07:45 AM   #53

Quote:
Yes, resistor. Something to do with LED lights on the Edge....I don't know all the details. As a last resort to get the tail lights to work (brakes lights, turn signals and all else worked fine), our automotive electrician called in his Electrical Engineer friend for advice. Finally....success.
Getting a 2016 Edge baseplate and wiring done next week, will see what happens..
joet19711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 07:46 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stroker View Post
My daughter just got a 2016 Ford Edge while in Alaska and they are coming to Oregon to get everything installed, MH and car, then heading south. I called Ronís Hitch N Tow in Eugene about installing everything, ( I have the base plate, tow bar ) and he said if I remember right that you have to install resistors because the brake lights and turn signals use different voltage. This was almost 2 months ago. When I had mine done they used wire off a roll nothing pre made.
2 stroker
Let me know how she makes out with her install...mine is being done next Thursday..
joet19711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 10:40 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by joet19711 View Post
Let me know how she makes out with her install...mine is being done next Thursday..
You will have yours done before they do because there still in Canada enjoying the view. Hope you post what and how they did your install. I think everyone would like to know that have LED lights.
2 stroker
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 11:45 AM   #56
YC1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Thank you for the information. Now knowing they are using LED's it makes some sense.

I would sure like to see the diagram for future reference.

Aluminator tow bar, Demco base plate
YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ford, wiring