Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-17-2016, 11:29 AM   #43
Member
 
JillDS's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 43
Yes... we need more lights working. I don't think those small lights on the sides we have working will qualify as tail lights.
__________________

__________________
Jill & Steve
2010 Winnebago Sightseer 33C
2015 Ford Edge Toad
JillDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-17-2016, 01:56 PM   #44
Member
 
jjwalkers26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Monterey, TN
Posts: 74
Jill and steve

Something is wrong with your wiring. As you can see in the picture with the yellow arrow is what is working on mine. By the way, the 2010 edge has different wiring and lights. If you want to talk about it, you can call me 931-2659433.

John
Attached Images
 
__________________

__________________
2014 Tiffin Allegro 33AA RED
2015 Ford Edge Titanium
Blue Ox Aventa II Towbar/Invisibrake
jjwalkers26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 03:14 PM   #45
Member
 
JillDS's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwalkers26 View Post
Jill and steve

Something is wrong with your wiring. As you can see in the picture with the yellow arrow is what is working on mine. By the way, the 2010 edge has different wiring and lights. If you want to talk about it, you can call me 931-2659433.

John
Thanks, John....that's what I thought. I would be a happy camper if the area marked by your yellow arrow was illuminated on my Edge. I wish your technician was closer....thinking about having my technician call your technician in Knoxville to see if he can discover what part of the installation he's missing.
__________________
Jill & Steve
2010 Winnebago Sightseer 33C
2015 Ford Edge Toad
JillDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 03:23 PM   #46
Member
 
jjwalkers26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Monterey, TN
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by JillDS View Post
Thanks, John....that's what I thought. I would be a happy camper if the area marked by your yellow arrow was illuminated on my Edge. I wish your technician was closer....thinking about having my technician call your technician in Knoxville to see if he can discover what part of the installation he's missing.
Only problem with calling my tech is I don't know his name and there are many. It was done at Buddy Gregg's in Knoxville. They have about 22 RV bays. I think your tech just used the wrong wire.
__________________
2014 Tiffin Allegro 33AA RED
2015 Ford Edge Titanium
Blue Ox Aventa II Towbar/Invisibrake
jjwalkers26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 10:54 AM   #47
Member
 
JillDS's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 43
Success!

Problem finally solved....all lights are finally working as they should on our 2015 Ford Edge toad!

Just before we were ready to break down and get magnetic lights the tech discovered we needed a different resistor than that recommended by e-trailer.
__________________
Jill & Steve
2010 Winnebago Sightseer 33C
2015 Ford Edge Toad
JillDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 12:07 PM   #48
YC1
Senior Member
 
YC1's Avatar


 
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by JillDS View Post
Problem finally solved....all lights are finally working as they should on our 2015 Ford Edge toad!

Just before we were ready to break down and get magnetic lights the tech discovered we needed a different resistor than that recommended by e-trailer.
Very interesting. Are you sure he said resistor? I am very curious where the tech would have installed it. I have followed brake installs in the Ford Edge because I have a 2012 and did my own install. I am a technician so this is in my wheel house.
__________________
Myron & Deborah
08 HR Endeavor 40 SKQ
2012 Ford Edge Limited FWD 3.5L
Aluminator tow bar, Demco base plate
YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 12:49 PM   #49
Senior Member
 
2 Stroker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Warren, Oregon
Posts: 1,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by YC1 View Post
Very interesting. Are you sure he said resistor? I am very curious where the tech would have installed it. I have followed brake installs in the Ford Edge because I have a 2012 and did my own install. I am a technician so this is in my wheel house.
My daughter just got a 2016 Ford Edge while in Alaska and they are coming to Oregon to get everything installed, MH and car, then heading south. I called Ronís Hitch N Tow in Eugene about installing everything, ( I have the base plate, tow bar ) and he said if I remember right that you have to install resistors because the brake lights and turn signals use different voltage. This was almost 2 months ago. When I had mine done they used wire off a roll nothing pre made.
2 stroker
__________________
2006 Country Coach Inspire 360 40ft Genoa Designer Series, Samsung 197 RR
Cat C9--STEEL & COPPER Bolt Together Radiator w/ updated rubber mounting
SilverLeaf 330 Magnum 2812 PSW 2011 Ford Edge Sport-Air Force One
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 05:44 AM   #50
Member
 
jjwalkers26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Monterey, TN
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by YC1 View Post
Very interesting. Are you sure he said resistor? I am very curious where the tech would have installed it. I have followed brake installs in the Ford Edge because I have a 2012 and did my own install. I am a technician so this is in my wheel house.
On mine that works, the tech didn't use any resistor that I know of. Instead of the diodes that came with the blueox wiring system, I had him use roadmaster diodes. I for some reason liked them better.
__________________
2014 Tiffin Allegro 33AA RED
2015 Ford Edge Titanium
Blue Ox Aventa II Towbar/Invisibrake
jjwalkers26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 05:45 AM   #51
Member
 
jjwalkers26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Monterey, TN
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by JillDS View Post
Problem finally solved....all lights are finally working as they should on our 2015 Ford Edge toad!

Just before we were ready to break down and get magnetic lights the tech discovered we needed a different resistor than that recommended by e-trailer.
I am glad to hear it guys, I knew it could be done.
__________________
2014 Tiffin Allegro 33AA RED
2015 Ford Edge Titanium
Blue Ox Aventa II Towbar/Invisibrake
jjwalkers26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 05:56 AM   #52
Member
 
JillDS's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by YC1 View Post
Very interesting. Are you sure he said resistor? I am very curious where the tech would have installed it. I have followed brake installs in the Ford Edge because I have a 2012 and did my own install. I am a technician so this is in my wheel house.
Yes, resistor. Something to do with LED lights on the Edge....I don't know all the details. As a last resort to get the tail lights to work (brakes lights, turn signals and all else worked fine), our automotive electrician called in his Electrical Engineer friend for advice. Finally....success.
__________________
Jill & Steve
2010 Winnebago Sightseer 33C
2015 Ford Edge Toad
JillDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 07:45 AM   #53
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Delaware
Posts: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by JillDS View Post
Yes, resistor. Something to do with LED lights on the Edge....I don't know all the details. As a last resort to get the tail lights to work (brakes lights, turn signals and all else worked fine), our automotive electrician called in his Electrical Engineer friend for advice. Finally....success.
Getting a 2016 Edge baseplate and wiring done next week, will see what happens..
__________________
Joe & Kathy
2017 Dynamax 37 BH
Tow: 2016 Ford Edge
joet19711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 07:46 AM   #54
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Delaware
Posts: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stroker View Post
My daughter just got a 2016 Ford Edge while in Alaska and they are coming to Oregon to get everything installed, MH and car, then heading south. I called Ronís Hitch N Tow in Eugene about installing everything, ( I have the base plate, tow bar ) and he said if I remember right that you have to install resistors because the brake lights and turn signals use different voltage. This was almost 2 months ago. When I had mine done they used wire off a roll nothing pre made.
2 stroker
Let me know how she makes out with her install...mine is being done next Thursday..
__________________
Joe & Kathy
2017 Dynamax 37 BH
Tow: 2016 Ford Edge
joet19711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 10:40 AM   #55
Senior Member
 
2 Stroker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Warren, Oregon
Posts: 1,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by joet19711 View Post
Let me know how she makes out with her install...mine is being done next Thursday..
You will have yours done before they do because there still in Canada enjoying the view. Hope you post what and how they did your install. I think everyone would like to know that have LED lights.
2 stroker
__________________
2006 Country Coach Inspire 360 40ft Genoa Designer Series, Samsung 197 RR
Cat C9--STEEL & COPPER Bolt Together Radiator w/ updated rubber mounting
SilverLeaf 330 Magnum 2812 PSW 2011 Ford Edge Sport-Air Force One
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 11:45 AM   #56
YC1
Senior Member
 
YC1's Avatar


 
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by JillDS View Post
Yes, resistor. Something to do with LED lights on the Edge....I don't know all the details. As a last resort to get the tail lights to work (brakes lights, turn signals and all else worked fine), our automotive electrician called in his Electrical Engineer friend for advice. Finally....success.
Thank you for the information. Now knowing they are using LED's it makes some sense.

I would sure like to see the diagram for future reference.
__________________

__________________
Myron & Deborah
08 HR Endeavor 40 SKQ
2012 Ford Edge Limited FWD 3.5L
Aluminator tow bar, Demco base plate
YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ford, wiring



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2015 Ford 5 Speed Trans... LVRVLUVR Class C Motorhome Discussions 9 06-28-2015 09:42 AM
Ford Edge Owners Gadget Man Toads and Motorhome Related Towing 2 05-08-2015 08:57 PM
2015 Baystar and Ted Britt Ford Chantilly Va. RattVader Newmar Owner's Forum 1 04-03-2015 08:03 AM
2015 Ford F250 5th wheel prep package ($370) question. Captainkoop Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion 5 06-10-2014 07:25 PM
Rapid interior heater 2015 f250 Ford Diesel Captainkoop Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion 3 06-10-2014 03:21 PM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.