Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 03-22-2015, 06:22 AM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Originally Posted by Durango382 View Post
I sometimes lose the radio presets, and sometimes do not. One short-duration disconnect of a few hours caused me to lose the presets, while the next one for two days caused me not to lose any! And sometimes the auto-up/down driver's window function has to be reset, and sometimes it doesn't. And so far I've not lost the clock at all!
Crazy that it's not consistent. But from what I hear through someone who has contact with Gm engineers, the time spent during the shutdown and reconnect procedures in the varying steps can have a bigger impact on these things than one night expect.
Thanks Durango, with all these inconsistencies, I think I might wait a year to see if things don't improve.

Gary & Leigh
2017 Entegra Cornerstone 45Y
2011 & 2014 Entegra Anthem(Sold)
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-04-2015, 10:51 PM   #16
Originally Posted by Nowabeachbum View Post
Thanks Durango, with all these inconsistencies, I think I might wait a year to see if things don't improve.
Although it's certainly a bit early to celebrate - I have now towed the 2015 Canyon twice since the issues with it not willingly going out of neutral when disconnecting, and both those most recent times it (transfer case) went out of neutral without issue on the first try.
I attribute that success to letting each step take time - I actually count out 30 seconds just to make sure I don't rush it, ensuring the ECU's/ECM's fully power down before taking the next step, and fully boot up before taking the next step.

And BTW - both of those tows were for five or six hours, and I never lost the presets...BUT it occurs to me that I only use the SIRIUS/XM and it could be that those presets don't fully reside in the radio but may at least partially reside in the programming beamed to the radio...(vs. all of the presets for AM and FM residing in the radio)

Durango382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 05:07 PM   #17
Newmar Owners Club
2015 Denali just got will not come out of neutral!! Help!!!

2015 Denali just got will not come out of neural!! Help!!! 314-265-7332

Originally Posted by Nubulin View Post
Ok, there is some information that is not relevant to the 2015 here.

I have a 2015 XL Denali that I have flat towed since June 2014.

Significant differences:

2015+ Denali is NOT all wheel drive like 2014 and previous. GM has gone to an updated part time Autotrac 4WD system that is shared with Tahoe, Suburban, regular Yukon, Escalade, 2014+ Silverado, and 2014+ Sierra. They can be flat towed without transmission pumps, etc. assuming you get the 2 speed active transfer case. This is typically standard on Denali or with off-road or heavy duty towing packages on other models.

2015s now have an electronic steering column lock. 2014 and older had no steering lock. 2015 now requires a many step procedure to flat tow. This is to make sure the steering wheel does not lock and the transfer case control module with not get upset and forget how to work. You also now have to disconnect the battery. On 2014 and older you just hooked up, put transfer case in neutral and put in park.

There have been 2 recalls on the electronic transfer case control module since the 2015’s came out. My truck has been towed twice because it would not shift back out of Neutral after dinghy towing because the transfer case control module went into “lockout mode” after reconnecting the battery. Once after the first recall to correct unintentional shifting into neutral (which actually caused the problems requiring towing), and once to correct it not shifting out of neutral after dinghy towing. I was lucky enough to be one of the very first people to discover this problem and report it to GM. Then I got to wait for 3 months while GM technical services tried to figure out what was happening, and get new software written and deployed. It does seem to work as designed now, but my confidence in it is low.

Blue ox and Roadmaster make tow brackets. I use the blue ox. It was tricky to get it to look right because you have to cut the front fascia. 2015's don't have tow hooks. The more recent builds have cutouts, so maybe they are easier.

The tail lights on the Denali are now LED and use a different wiring harness than previous years. So far there is no plug in solution so you are forced to do a custom solution. I had to order the connecters from an electronics supplier to make my own wiring harness and hard wire in a diode kit. It works, but I have had a lot of problems burning up diode after a few months.

All in all the 2015 Denali is a PAIN IN THE ASS to prep for towing compared to a 2014 and older Suburban/Yukon/Tahoe. The many step procedure sucks. GM took one of the easiest vehicles to tow and made it a real pain.

If you want to talk to me on the phone about it, I am happy to help you out. Just message me on the forum.

That being said, I do love my truck, but if I would have known the issues, I would have kept my 2011 for towing.
FredPond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 05:05 PM   #18
Newmar Owners Club
2015 Denali Toad Towing

I purchased at 2015 Yukon Denali to dinghy/toad tow.
Getting then transfer case in and out of neutral is a nightmare.
Been to one dealer that did the 3 recalls on this.
Second rest something.
Still having problems.....takes forever and I never know if it will go in and out.
Usually takes many try as much as an hour and then for some unknown reason it works....going to the 3rd dealer Monday.
I wish I would have never purchased it....making our trip a nightmare.

FredPond is offline   Reply With Quote

towing, tow