Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 07-22-2016, 04:30 AM   #1
Newmar Owners Club
Unhappy 2016 ford edge

Just this week received my new Ford Edge Titanium. Proud owner of the most expensive car I have ever owned, only to find that Ford says I can not wire it to my DSDP. Something about the LED lights are not compatible with the regular lights on the MH. The very last thing I want would be the magnet lights stuck to the roof. Has anyone ran into this, if not check carefully BEFORE ordering one. I wonder if I can find nice after market lights and mount them somehow into the back of the car and make them look like they belong there. Probably be best to have a body shop install them. Sure hope someone out there has a simple fix for a rotten problem.

cfen56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-22-2016, 04:48 AM   #2
You can use something like this https://www.etrailer.com/Tow-Bar-Wir...Ox/BX8869.html

The bulbs mount inside the brake light housing. Takes a small amount of work to install, but it keeps the vehicle lighting separate from your tow lighting.

1998 Southwind Storm 34S
2015 Ford Focus Hatchback SE
Retired Air Force 1981-2006
69Stang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 05:52 AM   #3
Holiday Rambler Owners Club

Don't panic. Call the folks at etrailer. Their Web site lists a kit for installing on a 2016 Edge. They can help you.

Here is a prior iRV2 thread discussing the issue for a 2015. In that thread, the original poster used a Blue Ox wiring kit. Also, another poster says the tail light housings are not suitable for adding bulbs. Finally, a charge line to the Edge battery from the coach is recommended. You can read the posts for yourself.

There are enough differences between years and models that nothing is for sure. But, there is cause for hope.

You have not mentioned a braking system for your Edge. You may want to discuss that with the etrailer folks at the same time. Your having a DP would incline me to select the SMI Air Force One, but there are other alternatives.
2008 Holiday Rambler Admiral 30PDD (Ford F53 chassis)
2009 Honda Fit Sport
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 06:38 AM   #4

Spartan Chassis
We are towing a 2016 Edge Titanium. The dealer used a Demco wiring harness since Blue Ox didn't have one. It's wired into our 7-pin connector and works perfectly with our Air Force 1 brake system. We also had a battery charge line installed so we don't disconnect the battery when towing. Magnetic lights are not required if you find a dealer with technicians that know what they are doing. Just reread your post and will add one difference might be our coach is all LED.
Bill & Lynne
Memphis, TN
2017 Anthem 44B - Victory Blue
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Victory Blue is offline   Reply With Quote