Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-12-2017, 10:28 AM   #1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
2017 Cherokee

I recently bought this Cherokee with the specific intention of towing behind the motorhome eventually.
I asked the question of the Internet sales mgr "Does this 2017 Cherokee need the wiring harness installed to stop the death wobble? If it does I'm not buying it".
He said I will check with the service mgr to be sure. The next day he told me "the 2017 Cherokee has been fixed and you don't need the harness".
I told him in front of the sales mgr and my wife that if that is true I will buy the Cherokee. If I buy it and have the Wobble Problem I will be back and expect you to fix it. They agreed. Not in writing but in front of witnesses.
So I drove off with my new 2017 Cherokee Latitude, V-6, Active Drive 11 and really like the Jeep.
Right now I tow the Jeep on a flatbed. Now that I'm in my winter spot in Az will start the process of getting the base plates installed etc.
THE QUESTION: Is there any confirmation of this concerning the 2017 Jeep Cherokee. Just wondering if I will have to follow through with the dealership and find out how honest they are...Hope not.
Thanks for any replies.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-12-2017, 01:04 PM   #2

Hello,

My dealer put the Mopar Tow Wiring Harness on my 2017 TH (I required it as part of the deal). I have seen literature saying it is required for 2017

Here is a LINK from Jeep themselves on 2017 Cherokee Towing.
Click that little note 15 to the right of the word towing and you get a little pop-up at the bottom that says the harness IS required...
See Pic below...

eTrailer site also specifies that when looking for Tow-Bars).

Here is another Link on IRV2 with discussion on 2017 Cherokee (starts out about general stuff but gets into the harness pretty quick).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SNAG-16.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	121.0 KB
ID:	179615  
Old 10-13-2017, 07:13 AM   #3

Just noticed I forgot the Jeep site LINK. Here it is.

From here go down a little more than half the page and click the JEEP® ACTIVE DRIVE II bar under 4x4 Capabilities, then click the "Learn More", link.

See Pic.

They kinda bury these little details...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SNAG-17.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	136.9 KB
ID:	179725  
Old 10-13-2017, 07:28 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedaliaterry View Post
Just notices I forgot the Jeep site LINK. Here it it.

From here go down a little more than half the page and click the JEEP® ACTIVE DRIVE II bar under 4x4 Capabilities, then click the "Learn More", link.

See Pic.

They kinda bury these little details...
Met a guy last week who just bought one to tow - he had about the same story at OP, after I told him about the harness he checked and had it installed - It is also in the owners manual under Recreational Towing. It also says to install a charge line as the battery goes dead while towing due to the power steering being on.

FYI I towed mine 24,000 miles before I got the violent shake - no shake since I had the harness installed for the past 7,000 towed miles
rream is offline   Reply With Quote