Figured I would share my own story. I installed a Readybrake system in the 4runner, which was VERY easy. I then Bolted the Blue Ox mounts to my ARB bumper. I was in a rush to do this before a long trip and didn't spend a whole lot of time testing it. It was trial by fire, 25+ mph winds with strong gusts on a Busy Interstate.. scary as hell (mainly because it was my first time).
As you can see, I made a BUCNH of mistakes here... no Safety Chains (forgot them!), and the angle of the Tow bar is too extreme. The force of the 4runner (4500 weighed on cat scale) pushing the readybrake downward while braking almost ripped the Hitch receiver off the RV. I was very lucky I didn't have to slam on the brake. Ready Brake's instructions call for no more than 2" of difference in height between the hitch and the base plate brakets. I really missed that up.. I am very impressed with the simplicity of the ready brake and easy of hook up.. It worked great despite being at a terrible angle.
I went 1200 miles round trip, and got 5.5mpg the first night with the 25+ winds... on the way home, I got 6.9 mpg.. not bad all things considered! I am going to lower my mounting point on 4runner, and cut a few inches off the 2" square that goes into the ready brake.. it has two holes, and according to the manual you cannot put more that 6" inside.. basically, I just want to shorten the whole setup.. probably 2"..
on the 4 runner, I removed the driveshaft (4 nuts, 4 bolts). I left it in 2hi, and the Tranny in Park. That way the "ADD" was disengaged on the front diff. When I got to my destination, I put the key in Run and shifted to Neutral before changing the transfer case to 4LO, and then pressing the 4hi button... I shift back to park, started the engine, shifted to Nuetral and chaged the transfer case back to 2wd while the 4hi button was pushed.. That gave me a front wheel drive 4runner whitout making any loud popping noises while the engine was running.
I hope this helps someone..