Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-04-2014, 04:42 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
ACME EZE Tow dolly

We've just bought a Class A and will need to use a tow dolly until I can purchase a 4 down. We will be towing a Solera convertible so weight is not a big issue. The ACME EZE Tow looks like a good product at a reasonable price.
Anyone with experience on this who could give me some input?
Snyderwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-04-2014, 05:09 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
We towed with one for two seasons. Very good, well built, tow dolly. You will be very happy with it, if you buy one.
StevieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 03:07 PM   #3

I used one also and loved it. I sold it and the person that bought it has it listed for sale if your interested, that is if he hasn't sold it and the listing is still just on here. Just go to the classifieds and search the accessories catagory for acme tow dolly and it will come up. It's listed under Pete and Linda with no pic. Good luck and safe travels! Steve
Old 05-05-2014, 03:18 PM   #4

I have one and love it. Being a lone older female, I find it very easy to load and use. I refuse to give up my car for four down towing.
Afubar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 08:57 AM   #5

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We received our ACME EZE Tow about 2 weeks ago. It took over 3 weeks for it to ship because we ordered during their sale. They were inundated with orders and simply couldn't fill them fast enough. The little bit of required assembly will not take long.

The ONLY complaint/issue I have is that the wheels come UNBALANCED. They include a notice that says due to the new federal regulations on lead wheel weights they are unable to balance the wheels at their factory. You have to take them off and get them balanced yourself. It's worth noting that this would NOT have changed my mind about buying the EZE Tow, but it would have been nice to know up front. I was expecting to assemble, load, and go.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Elexwiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 12:24 PM   #6

Solera...

We have a quite a few customers towing that car. That car is very low, you will not have any problems using our dolly for that car.
I am happy to report that we are now down to shipping within a few days. In another week or so we will have unsold dollies waiting for a buyer. It has been a challenge but we are almost there.
Should you buy the used one be advised that our warranty stays with the dolly. The Serial number on the steel plate attached to the back of the axle is used to determine warranty period coverage. ( purchase date ) 5 years for the basic warranty.
Also you may want to check to verify if a used dolly has all our most recent improvements.
Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks. Richard Brown.
EZE Tow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dolly, tow dolly