Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 01-16-2015, 09:23 PM   #1
Acme Eze Tow Dolly

Looks to me like the Eze Tow is the dolly to use but I Have a few questions.
  • Has anyone with Eze Tow have problems with dirt/mud covering the side of your toad because the dolly doesn't have mud flaps? It just looks to me that the fenders so high in the rear that dirt and mud would fly all over the side of the toad.
  • What if any are you using for a rock guard?
  • Do you use the supplied straps or did you have custom fitted ones made? Seems like custom fitted would be much quicker to use.
  • What do you for lists on the toad if any? California is strict about lights at the back, not just the lights on the dolly.

John (N6BER), Joyce, Lucas (Golden Retriever mix), Bella (Great Pyrenees) and Lance (Great Pyrenees).
Tustin, CA
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-16-2015, 11:53 PM   #2
Community Moderator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Have over 10,000miles on our EZE-Tow...road dirt is not deposited on the toad from the dolly wheels. Never thought about it. Must be because any spray just goes straight back. I would think mud flaps could be added to the fender bracket if desired.

No road guard is needed...the car sits up high away from rock strikes. But we do have the standard Ultraguard mega mud flap, installed by the original owner who flat towed...So, that might be a good idea.

We use the original/old style 4 point straps...still work great! The new 3 point style are just like U-haul and most all the other dolly makers use. They are very long to fit SUV's and cars...so the extra strap can be trimmed as desired. I don't know how custom made straps could be any easier to use...would love to read about that (?).

For lights, the dolly lights are 50 state and Canada legal for daytime. For CA, the law requires 6 lumen red lights at the rear corners for night time use...so, at sunset we turn the toads parking lights on. They can run for hours with little drain on the car battery.

Safe travels

Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (Ret), '07 Damon Outlaw #1193
I have seen gross intolerance shown in support of tolerance, Samuel Coleridge
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 05:53 AM   #3
Acme Eze Tow Dolly

The coach will throw more dirt on the car than the dolly. When my car was really dirty, it was during rain and I don' believe due to the ACME dolly. As for the wheel nets, you specify the tire size during purchase so there is some specificity for your car. I used diodes for my lights. They took a few hours to install and work well. I bought mine from etrailer.com and there was also a video instructional video. I then made a split 7 pin to four pin plug so I can plug in the toad and the dolly at the same time.

If you watch the web site they will occasionally run specials. When I bought mine I got a free second set of straps.
2005 Newmar Kountry Star 3742 - Gas
ACME Eze Tow Dolly
2008 Chevy Malibu Toad
vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 06:20 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
All the answers above are echoed by me. I did add lights just for my comfort level. I simply added an aluminum angle iron under the hitch ball and ran a seperate 4 wire trailer harness forward to the dolly/MH hitch. The hitch on the toad comes in handy for moving the dolly if needed. Magnetic lights are of course another option, I was concerned about scratches. My hitch light bar goes into the coach basement when not being towed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	222.4 KB
ID:	83438  
2008 Bounder 38P F53 24/30K V10, 2013 Kia Soul Basic 6 speed manual, Ready Brake Elite tow system (previous equipment 1996 Pace Arrow Vision w/Acme Dolly)
Brockx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 01:31 PM   #5
Originally Posted by Brockx View Post
All the answers above are echoed by me. I did add lights just for my comfort level...
That's what I may do initially however I have been working on how to tie into the Journey lights and keep them isolated from the towing vehicle. I've almost got it worked out but need to do some more testing.
John (N6BER), Joyce, Lucas (Golden Retriever mix), Bella (Great Pyrenees) and Lance (Great Pyrenees).
Tustin, CA
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 09:41 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks for all the input. I just finished ordering mine. Looking forward to using this for many years to come.

Ken & Diane
2014 Newmar Ventana 4369 All Electric 400HP
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
KenNJ is offline   Reply With Quote

dolly, tow, tow dolly