Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-18-2013, 10:12 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Another Equinox question

I have my 2013 equinox baseplate on and diodes wired. next step is wire for emergency breakaway switch for my brake buddy. has anyone found an existing hole in the firewall to run the cable.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-19-2013, 05:44 AM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Never found a useable entry hole on our 2011but you may be able to do what we did.Go under the car at the transmission hump.Underneath the car, about 12 inches from the back of the hump on the drivers side ,and about 4 to 6 inchesin from drivers side edge of the hump , there is a double wall floor. You will see a 3/8 inch square hole in the bottom floor. Drill a pilot hole thru the upper floor and you will find you will be under the center console at a place that is easy to access for wiring. After drilling out larger for the wire, paint the exposed metal, then rubber tape and silicone made a good seal. Hope this helps you.
George Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:30 AM   #3

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I used the rubber grommet that the emergency brake cable used . Located under the drivers seat. Try not to cross over the frame rail.
Old 05-19-2013, 06:16 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Thanks, I will try one them options when I can get back to work on it.
Old 05-19-2013, 09:42 PM   #5
Lit

National RV Owners Club
I used the rocker panel under the door, just take off the cover and the holes will be exposed for your wiring. Very neat job without a lot of fussing.
Lit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:14 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
I ended up using the gromet that the energency cabe went thru. thanks for all the sugestions.
Old 10-30-2013, 03:24 PM   #7

Ford Super Duty Owner
Thank you for the info on running wires from engine compartment to cabin. Now if I can just solve my brake light question on my 2013 Equinox. What have you done for preventing the brake lights to light when the auxiliary brake operates? I guess the best way to explain it without getting into a long explanation is this: if you turn your key to acc position with nothing running or hooked up and press the brake pedal the brake lights come on. You don't want this. You want to press the brake pedal and have no brake lights. I know about fuse #32 and will pull it when towing but I would like to find a way (hopefully by pulling a fuse) to solve this problem. I will not cut wires and install a relay so my options are very limited. Roadmaster RM-155 kit if anyone can help with location for drilling a hole in the tail light housing (really do not want to do this) or external lights which are not a good solution.
Any help will be very appreciated, Moe
moejean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 04:20 PM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I did not need to stop my brake lights but if you go to this link I think you may solve your problem Locating Brake Stoplight Signal to Install Brake Controller on 2012 Chevy Equinox | etrailer.com

George Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 03:43 PM   #9

Ford Super Duty Owner
Hi Lit. How did you remove the rocker panel cover?
Regards, Moe
moejean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 09:02 AM   #10
Lit

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by moejean View Post
Hi Lit. How did you remove the rocker panel cover?
Regards, Moe
Remove the screws that hold the chrome cover to the panel, under the cover there will be holes big enough for the wire to pass through.
Very easy to do.
Lit is offline   Reply With Quote