Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-30-2014, 07:57 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by myshaggydog View Post
Thanks everyone for your comments and suggestions. We have decided to go with the Fit and I was aware of the crash test posts concerning the Fit but thanks for the comments. We are just waiting until March to buy. I am leaning towards the Blue Ox adventa (10,000 lb limit). It is only approx. $100 more and you never know if down the road we may decide on a much heavier toad. Probably will go with a Blue Ox base plate but still up in the air (no pun intended for the air force one) on the braking system. I am leaning towards SMI air force one but not sure yet.

Again thanks all for your comments. We really appreciate.

Also Tompen where in Upstate NY are you from? Although we have been down living in Florida for 15 years, we are originally from Syracuse, NY.
Hi George
We live in Freeville. About 30 miles South of Syracuse. We are in Inverness FL right now.

tompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-09-2014, 10:27 PM   #16

We have had our fit for about 5 months and are still setting things up for flat towing. A 2015 redesign is on the way and is likely available later this year. You might want to research the differences between the current model and it's replacement. One may work better for you than the other.

Old 02-09-2014, 10:34 PM   #17
Retired Fire Capt

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim182 View Post
We have had our fit for about 5 months and are still setting things up for flat towing. A 2015 redesign is on the way and is likely available later this year. You might want to research the differences between the current model and it's replacement. One may work better for you than the other.
I heard that the new 2015 Fit Automatic was a CVT transmission. That may be something that pulls it off the Toad list.

Are you paying an installer or doing the job yourself?
GS#819681685 FMCA#F437136 SKP#112720
phinneyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 10:27 AM   #18

I installed a roadmaster baseplate and plug in wiring harness on the fit. I'm 2 years from a FD retirement. Do you recommend it?
Old 02-10-2014, 07:03 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneyj View Post
I heard that the new 2015 Fit Automatic was a CVT transmission. That may be something that pulls it off the Toad list.
yes, per spec, there will be two types of trans for fit in 2015 - manual or cvt. the gas mileage is greatly improved for cvt usage - highways getting 40mpg. i have not read its user manual yet so not sure if it is still towable.

Tags
towing