Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-21-2010, 09:37 PM   #1

Base Plate Install

Just purchased a new 2010 CRV. Was going to install either a Blue Ox or Roadmaster myself, but found a guy a couple hundred miles South in Portland, OR that sells the Roadmaster XL for $300 and installs for $200. So I made an appointment and he installed it today.

Todd worked for Roadmaster for 20 years and is an expert at installing. He still works for Roadmaster at the rallies leading the service team. It took him about 2 hours start to finish to complete the install. He normally charges $200 for wiring the toad, but I brought a six wire car plug ready to install with a charge wire and a brake wire for the US Gear that I will install later. For a minimal charge, Todd ran the wires to the battery area and to the back of the CRV for me so I can then tap into the car wiring using diodes which is a very simple process. It is so much simpler stringing the wires to the back of the toad with it up on a rack rather than crawling under it!

If anyone is looking to have a baseplate or other towing accessory work done anywhere near Portland, I highly recommend Todd. His website containing contact info is: Home Page

It is nice to find a quality tech for a reasonable price.
RUFINIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-22-2010, 12:55 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Hey Joe! SacsTC and I hope all is well with you. Congrats on the new Honda

It is always nice to pass on infor when you find quality workmanship.
Thanks

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote